You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Vaporist of Borg.

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
Egzoset

Re: Vaporist of Borg.

Post by Egzoset »

Hi again Nanook,
Salutations Smokey,
Nanook wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:29 pm
...you appear to know a lot about vaping...
Nope, nothing about "vaping" which to me is a reference to the e-Cig format as i previously explained, but i did have some reflexions on vaporizing since 2010.
Nanook wrote:
...we solved the coughing issue...
In that case i wouldn't want to insist as you both got this aspect covered. :oik!:
Nanook wrote:
...I look forward to hearing your experiences...
Smokey wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm
Hello egzo... ...I’m very eager to learn more...
Oh well, only if you'll be careful to write Egzoset with a capital "E", or just Egzo if you feel this close, 'cause i'm such kind of guy who proudly values his identity, although it's only about virtual respect. Otherwise i'd simply desist in peace and never return if it's any problem, while that's a basic convention to Egzoset i can understand it's not to others - but i still can't let it pass silently... Though it's OKay to skip the coloured highlighting groom.

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey Egzoset,

I don't know the handle but I've been skimming some of your previous posts around the internet and your research looks very interesting. I too gave up smoking but wanted to continue to smoke cannabis and have settled on a Mighty vaporizer.

I really don't understand your invention as I need a while to read up on things and I'm pushed for time but you're heating the herb via induction? You look like you're an excellent engineer and I'll look forward to reading some of your posts.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Indeed this is quite a contraption. I am interested in learning more.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations GrumpyGrower,
Hi there Nanook!
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm
...been skimming some of your previous posts around the internet...
It's a really pleasant relief to know it can still be found, though i feel obligated to point at the location where a more complete set of my collection now resides:

[ https://photos.app.goo.gl/vYjgGjcaxkoEv2HD8 ]
Semi DiY Challenge(s)
grumpygrower wrote:
I too gave up smoking but wanted to continue to smoke cannabis and have settled on a Mighty vaporizer.
That's much better than total abstainance - which may as well become my next option so far.
grumpygrower wrote:
I really don't understand your invention as I need a while to read up on things and I'm pushed for time...
Believe me, more often than not i'm quite reluctant to re-read my own text, especially after many read-proofing runs (...), which is the one main reason why i rely on illustrations this much. In any case the intial intellectual property for this invention belongs to Dan Steinberg who actually patented it a couple years after Y2K; my contribution was to implement/augment his forgotten Fig. 11/12 item which then also paved the way to a suite of fresh-new features, starting with "Bi-Energy":

[ app.php/gallery/album/213 ]
GR420: Egzoset's Vaporist Corner
grumpygrower wrote:
...but you're heating the herb via induction?
No, twice... In fact i'm afraid the previous picture post refered to one image i titled "Egzoset's IH ideas from 2010 fantasies to 3-Phase Driver [550x480] .PNG", e.g. a descriptive filename which Hack a Day dropped at upload time, hence that's one more point in favour of my Google Photos collection instead. The other "no" is because although my "LAVACapsule" concept does include optional support for distilled water (or perhaps e-Liquid?) as a substitute for extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane i must admit/accept that my "opportunity window" passed a long while ago while it appears i still can't stand vaporization in absence of "Inlet Water"...
grumpygrower wrote:
You look like you're an excellent engineer and I'll look forward to reading some of your posts.
It's a nice compliment and i thank you for it but the reader must always keep in mind my whole invitation to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW never really involved much technical background at all, which is a stylish signature of Egzoset's virtual character. Anyway it's very little more than a patient series of iterations trying to figure out the next step until i could no longer think of a better reconfiguration... Otherwise it woudn't be realistic to expect emulation from independant sources, but thanks once more, to you and everyone else!!

:thanks:
Nanook wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:54 pm
Then it shall be my pleasure to return and present such simple/affordable project in a dedicated thread of the "Toking Paraphernalia" section! Right now i just need a pause to replenish...

P.S.: The slogan thing is a parody.

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

Welcome.. however your talking way too smart for my dumbass. Hope you enjoy it here pal

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Egzoset wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:41 am
Salutations GrumpyGrower,
Hi there Nanook!
grumpygrower wrote:
...been skimming some of your previous posts around the internet...
It's a really pleasant relief to know it can still be found, though i feel obligated to point at the location where a more complete set of my collection now resides:

Semi DiY Challenge(s)
grumpygrower wrote:
I too gave up smoking but wanted to continue to smoke cannabis and have settled on a Mighty vaporizer.
That's much better than total abstainance - which may as well become my next option so far.
grumpygrower wrote:
I really don't understand your invention as I need a while to read up on things and I'm pushed for time...
Believe me, more often than not i'm quite reluctant to re-read my own text, especially after many read-proofing runs (...), which is the one main reason why i rely on illustrations this much. In any case the intial intellectual property for this invention belongs to Dan Steinberg who actually patented it a couple years after Y2K; my contribution was to implement/augment his forgotten Fig. 11/12 item which then also paved the way to a suite of fresh-new features, starting with "Bi-Energy":

[ app.php/gallery/album/213 ]
GR420: Egzoset's Vaporist Corner
grumpygrower wrote:
...but you're heating the herb via induction?
No, twice... In fact i'm afraid the previous picture post refered to one image i titled "Egzoset's IH ideas from 2010 fantasies to 3-Phase Driver [550x480] .PNG", e.g. a descriptive filename which Hack a Day dropped at upload time, hence that's one more point in favour of my Google Photos collection instead. The other "no" is because although my "LAVACapsule" concept does include optional support for distilled water (or perhaps e-Liquid?) as a substitute for extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane i must admit/accept that my "opportunity window" passed a long while ago while it appears i still can't stand vaporization in absence of "Inlet Water"...
grumpygrower wrote:
You look like you're an excellent engineer and I'll look forward to reading some of your posts.
It's a nice compliment and i thank you for it but the reader must always keep in mind my whole invitation to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW never really involved much technical background at all, which is a stylish signature of Egzoset's virtual character. Anyway it's very little more than a patient series of iterations trying to figure out the next step until i could no longer think of a better reconfiguration... Otherwise it woudn't be realistic to expect emulation from independant sources, but thanks once more, to you and everyone else!!

Nanook wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:54 pm
Then it shall be my pleasure to return and present such simple/affordable project in a dedicated thread of the "Toking Paraphernalia" section! Right now i just need a pause to replenish...

P.S.: The slogan thing is a parody.
Thank you for a detailed and extensive response Egzoset. I do apologise, I only skimmed anything I found while doing a little research on your handle. I will take the time to look at things in more detail when I get a few moments to myself.
Egzoset wrote:It's a really pleasant relief to know it can still be found, though i feel obligated to point at the location where a more complete set of my collection now resides:

Semi DiY Challenge(s)
I did take this into considering this while searching for information. As with any implementation, many iterations are required to produce a product. I read previously that this had been in the design process for the best part of a decade. Considering this, I started by searching for information published within a month and then within one year.
Egzoset wrote: It's a nice compliment and i thank you for it but the reader must always keep in mind my whole invitation to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW never really involved much technical background at all, which is a stylish signature of Egzoset's virtual character. Anyway it's very little more than a patient series of iterations trying to figure out the next step until i could no longer think of a better reconfiguration... Otherwise it woudn't be realistic to expect emulation from independant sources, but thanks once more, to you and everyone else!!
Appologies Egzoset, I thought you was involved in the design and manufacture.
Egzoset wrote:That's much better than total abstainance - which may as well become my next option so far.
It's nice to be able to vape cannabis without combustion :) May I ask why you're considering abstinence?

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Hi there GrumpyGrower!
grumpygrower wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:55 am
...when I get a few moments to myself.
Please feel at ease as i'm dealing with similar limitations myself!

:oik!:

Hopefully a thread can be launched soon which clarifies a few details, the sooner the better.
grumpygrower wrote:
As with any implementation, many iterations are required to produce a product.
Yes, except it's not to be considered a finished commercial product. For example when experimenting with full-metal tops it became clear after only a few weeks that neither brass nor even plain aluminium surfaces would qualify as appropriate in the Flame-Catcher aperture. In other words now that a Hybrid Core has been fine-tuned it would be necessary to address the matter of heat-resistant finish while that's beyond my ambitions - and present capabilities...

In the begining each iteration lasted for months as i needed to develop new perceptions simply to decide what to do next. Such guessing proved taxing for an individual working alone so i'm glad to be done with it since i wouldn't have the lungs to try again.
grumpygrower wrote:
...I started by searching for information published within a month and then within one year.
Oh, i see, then i'll do my best to provide a few additional hints (via PM) as this should only require a few minutes anyway. Not to mention i'm genuinely pleased to have found an audience demonstrating such level of motivation and i thank you warmly for that!

grumpygrower wrote:
...I thought you was involved in the design and manufacture.
No, but i wish! Actually i've contacted the manufacturer on many occasions trying to convince the inventor that he's missing an opportunity to dominate the market, while others attempt to occupy the Induction Heat niche with inferior designs and ludicrous price tags. Most unfortunately nothing can substitute for holding a "Prototyping Platorm" in our hands that people can evaluate for themselves, hence my semi-DiY challenge!
grumpygrower wrote:
May I ask why you're considering abstinence?
Believe me i done my best to avoid such regression! Yet for starters butane-fueled "Plan-B" was never supposed to substitute for IH-driven "Plan-A" and i came to consider even if clean-burning butane only involves trace amounts of "comet dust" (especially in comparison to yellow flames) that's still a potential safety risk i couldn't totally eliminate on the long term. The intense iterations cycles i went through since 2013 are probably equivalent to a decade if not 15 years of chronic use so as i'm turning into an elder it becomes increasingly difficult to distinguish between these possible effects and normal aging. That's one good reason why i'd like to evaluate "Plan-A", to verify if "Plan-B" is taxing or not while i can still exploit my natural sensitivity as a radar. Another reason is "Légaleezation" which causes vilification to spread everywhere: it ain't as "safe" as it used to be and my province banned self-cultivation of the only trustable source of true "bio"...

So, a major problem i have is that i probably won't be able to implement "Plan-A" myself while anyway my lungs just wouldn't stand similar abuse again: the initial trial & error cycles were too intense to contemplate going through the same route. By chance all my options haven't been depleted as my "Bi-Energy" strategy is likely to allow a combination of IH-driven power injection followed by some brief torching meant to supply extra-hot H2O + CO2 for self-moisturizing and "Potentialization" purposes. So that's why i ain't finished with full-metal tops, having finally identified a near-ideal layout which i hope to materialize before Christmass if lucky. Then IH testing can begin but not before i managed to also implement a susceptor made of SS430 - which i don't know where to find it in appropriate quantity so far and much less how to drill 17 holes through it.

But i'm used to proceeding patiently, one step at a time, although i now live in an institution with other elders and my time machine won't help it somehow.

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

P.S.:

PM function wasn't available so here are recent posts published elsewhere which may help provide additional hints:

BlueLight: DON'T BAN e-Cigs, just the over-powered conduction-mode (coil-based) "ATOMIZERS"!! (2019-Nov-1)
Vaping Undergrond: ECF's new bogus area a deceiving decoy exploiting both antagonist sides. (2019-Nov-2)

Direct linking felt innapropriate but i'm confident it's on Google's map anyway, please do not hesitate to get present post deleted once received!

:bye:

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Egzoset wrote:Hi again Nanook,
Salutations Smokey,
Nanook wrote:
...you appear to know a lot about vaping...
Nope, nothing about "vaping" which to me is a reference to the e-Cig format as i previously explained, but i did have some reflexions on vaporizing since 2010.
Nanook wrote:
...we solved the coughing issue...
In that case i wouldn't want to insist as you both got this aspect covered. :oik!:
Nanook wrote:
...I look forward to hearing your experiences...
Smokey wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm
Hello egzo... ...I’m very eager to learn more...
Oh well, only if you'll be careful to write Egzoset with a capital "E", or just Egzo if you feel this close, 'cause i'm such kind of guy who proudly values his identity, although it's only about virtual respect. Otherwise i'd simply desist in peace and never return if it's any problem, while that's a basic convention to Egzoset i can understand it's not to others - but i still can't let it pass silently... Though it's OKay to skip the coloured highlighting groom.

Sincere apologies Egzoset, my bad sometimes we have a habit of abbreviations around here nothing meant by it

Good day to you sir

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”