Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Diy led air cooled hood

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Diy led air cooled hood

Post by Josh »

captain beefheart wrote:i bashed a hole in a wall,it dropped the temps by several degrees see bach..... :Stoned:
I've got 2 holes as it is, 1 more and I'll see daylight through the roof. Lmaoo

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Just ordered a 4 inch fan should be in within a couple days

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am

How big is your tent. Im running an 8 inch dialled down a bit as extraction, 6 inch intake full tilt, 1.5 x 1.5 tent. My average temps are quite high though compared to the boys in UK and Canada . Not sure of your climate there. Im guessing your running 6 inch extraction currently. If you are in a warm climate you may want to consider buying the 8 and using your 6 as intake. there is considerable noise difference between my 6 and 8 though.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

How big is your tent. Im running an 8 inch dialled down a bit as extraction, 6 inch intake, 1.5 x 1.5 tent. My average temps are quite high though compared to the boys in UK and Canada . Not sure of your climate there.
I have a 6 inch for extraction running around 440 cfm, in a 0.6x1.2x1.5 tent. Highest temps so far are upwards of 30 c with the led in there
It's really hot here right now, I live in Florida

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

How big is your tent. Im running an 8 inch dialled down a bit as extraction, 6 inch intake, 1.5 x 1.5 tent. My average temps are quite high though compared to the boys in UK and Canada . Not sure of your climate there.
I have a 6 inch for extraction running around 440 cfm, in a 0.6x1.2x1.5 tent. Highest temps so far are upwards of 30 c with the led in there

I was more thinking your average sesonal temps. eg, a cold night for me here is 9c. So for me makes sense to have maximum intake and extraction. Consider what you might need in your warmer months so you dont find you want more when you get there. If that makes sense, ya can always turn fans down , but cant turn em up.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Hobbit wrote: How big is your tent. Im running an 8 inch dialled down a bit as extraction, 6 inch intake, 1.5 x 1.5 tent. My average temps are quite high though compared to the boys in UK and Canada . Not sure of your climate there.

I was more thinking your average sesonal temps. eg, a cold night for me here is 9c. So for me makes sense to have maximum intake and extraction. Consider what you might need in your warmer months so you dont find you want more when you get there. If that makes sense
I understand, we're in the warmest right now unfortunately. Lol
I think that added intake should help though

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 am
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

I was more thinking your average sesonal temps. eg, a cold night for me here is 9c. So for me makes sense to have maximum intake and extraction. Consider what you might need in your warmer months so you dont find you want more when you get there. If that makes sense

Cool bro, I always like to have more than I need can always turn it down. Whats your average summer temps. I always pictured Florida as warm. They got alligators there havent they? You may be similar climate to me hot and humid with a dry winter.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 am
Hobbit wrote: I was more thinking your average sesonal temps. eg, a cold night for me here is 9c. So for me makes sense to have maximum intake and extraction. Consider what you might need in your warmer months so you dont find you want more when you get there. If that makes sense

Cool bro, I always like to have more than I need can always turn it down. Whats your average summer temps. I always pictured Florida as warm. They got alligators there havent they? You may be similar climate to me hot and humid with a dry winter.
Very hot and humid from may until end of october, average temps during the day are prbly around 30-31
Super dry and cold for about one month. Our "winter" lol

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

And ya, loads of gators. The rednecks like to get drunk and wrestle them in the water. Lmao

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 am
And ya, loads of gators. The rednecks like to get drunk and wrestle them in the water. Lmao

I bet youve had a crack at gator wrestling mate lol. Just looked up your climate stats, unfortunately its all in Fahrenheit, i cant be arsed with that lol. Our average summer temps here are low 30c. Last yer we had over 80 straight days where temps never fell below 30 day or night. And filthy humidity.

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”