Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New grower

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Jamie182861
Has thanked: 0

Re: New grower

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:12 pm
Ok they look like they doing fine now.
When was the last time you put any liquid into the coco ones?

The soil one is starting to bush out now isnt she, have you started lst on her? You see she has some massive fan leafs, they are probably blocking light out to stuff below. What you can do is either tuck them down and let the new stuff grow up past them, or just cut the big fan leafs off altogether. Up to you though bud.

How many nodes high is the soil one now?
Not started lst yet yeah she massive now been feed this week and using watering when soil dry Tuck big leafs down

What u mean how old is she

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Well depends on what you plan on doing with her depends on how you go about training i guess.
For example if your keeping her as a mum then theres no need to lst or scrog, just keep her bushy.
If your gonna flower her you’ll definitely want to train her and keep her low while the coco ones catch up if you know what i mean. Otherwise the soil one will get so tall the coco ones wont get enough light

As for nodes see this photo

Usually people tend to top a plant around about the 5th or 6th node, that will encourage it to grow shorter and bush out, if you dont top youll end up with a Christmas tree. Depends on what your after though mate, only you know the answer
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:25 pm
Well depends on what you plan on doing with her depends on how you go about training i guess.
For example if your keeping her as a mum then theres no need to lst or scrog, just keep her bushy.
If your gonna flower her you’ll definitely want to train her and keep her low while the coco ones catch up if you know what i mean. Otherwise the soil one will get so tall the coco ones wont get enough light

Usually people tend to top a plant around about the 5th or 6th node, that will encourage it to grow shorter and bush out, if you dont top youll end up with a Christmas tree. Depends on what your after though mate, only you know the answer
I want keep her has mother plant want her stay with coco don’t want her taking all the light so they all can come down at same time

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Don't want to tread on anyone's toes but...

For my 1st grow, I'd grow it out without fucking about too much, just to see how they grow and to understand the basic life cycle of these plants.

It becomes easier to understand why folks tell you to do stuff like chop their heads off or when to give them more food then.

But that's just my thoughts on what I'd do if it was my 1st grow.

What's the strain(s) of them plants BTW?

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:30 pm

For my 1st grow, I'd grow it out without fucking about too much, just to see how they grow and to understand the basic life cycle of these plants.

It becomes easier to understand why folks tell you to do stuff like chop their heads off or when to give them more food then.

Second this. And I'm fairly new to growing. Keep it simple, understand the factors such as environment and how the plant grows and build on that - I also find its then easier to identify issues as you have less contributing factors. I've only got around 6 grows in total under my belt for context.

Goodluck with your grow bro.

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Marcus wrote:

Barney gelatos

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

wutang wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:33 pm
Marcus wrote:

Second this. And I'm fairly new to growing. Keep it simple, understand the factors such as environment and how the plant grows and build on that - I also find its then easier to identify issues as you have less contributing factors. I've only got around 6 grows in total under my belt for context.

Goodluck with your grow bro.
Thanks bro

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:25 pm

U know why my plants like this mate Image

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Add dolomite lime
This method takes effect slowly over a few months. Adding dolomite lime is a simple way to reverse the problem in its early stages. Mix six teaspoons of the supplement with every gallon of your growing medium. Dolomite lime’s neutral pH of 7.0 maintains the ideal level for cultivating cannabis.

Or do I flush them again what I did take each one to shower soak them flush out any nutrients

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”