Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help me please!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Gward20

Re: Help me please!

Post by Gward20 »

I will always spray when the lights are off from now on! Not worth the stress. Thanks mate

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Stop spraying in high light conditions :lol: No I'm messing with you (kind of). Sounds like you're making all the right moves bud. Just watch the spray and don't spray anymore until they back to peak health.

TBH, that spray sounds like a whole load of horseshit to me but they call me grumpygrower for a reason.
Spray when lights are on – overgrow is taken up by the plant fast enough that there’s no chance of burns from droplets as other sprays may cause - Overgrow is the only product the manufacturers recommend to use during lights on!
That sounds extremely fishy to me :)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:45 pm
Stop spraying in high light conditions :lol: No I'm messing with you (kind of). Sounds like you're making all the right moves bud. Just watch the spray and don't spray anymore until they back to peak health.

TBH, that spray sounds like a whole load of horseshit to me but they call me grumpygrower for a reason.
Spray when lights are on – overgrow is taken up by the plant fast enough that there’s no chance of burns from droplets as other sprays may cause - Overgrow is the only product the manufacturers recommend to use during lights on!
I do think the overgrow is a good foliar when plants are healthy but I could be seeing things haha. WHat do you thing about foliar feeding canna rhizotonic ? I might just stick to top feeding from now on

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

I'm just throwing this out there. I'm not sure. You decide.
I had very similar spotted leaves. Mine turned out to be magnesium deficiency or lockout from my soil being too hot.
I was growing in soil.
I ended up mixing ½ of my soil with ½ coco coir. That fixed my issues for my later grows.

This is what it started like:

Then a week later it looked like this:
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:48 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:45 pm

I do think the overgrow is a good foliar when plants are healthy but I could be seeing things haha. WHat do you thing about foliar feeding canna rhizotonic ? I might just stick to top feeding from now on
I'm a fan of foliar feeding. I think it can give you a little edge and produce some mega results but you have to also bear in mind that you're feeding them through the leaves and roots. Overfeeding can also become an issue and I actually experienced that first hand with a foliar spray I've been using. I'm pretty sure the spray and calmag pushed it over the edge and my plants slowed down and went really dark. If you're foliar feeding to enhance crops, I think a little goes a long way. Of course the manufacturer wants you to use a shit load so you buy more frequently but if you're also feeding quality chelated nutrients, you run the risk of overloading them.

If you want a nice plant enhancing foliar try Nitrozyme from Growth Technology. Or liquid kelp. Both have lots of vitamins, hormones, auxins and all sorts of goodies that your plant can gobble up and make use of.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

TommyT wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm just throwing this out there. I'm not sure. You decide.
I had very similar spotted leaves. Mine turned out to be magnesium deficiency or lockout from my soil being too hot.
I was growing in soil.
I ended up mixing ½ of my soil with ½ coco coir. That fixed my issues for my later grows.

This is what it started like:

Then a week later it looked like this:
Hey Tommy, yours look very different than Gward20's buddy. I can see straight away you have Mg deficiency because your damage starts at the end of the leaf and the chlorosis follows the veins. Gward20's damage is further back into the leaf and the damage is sporadic.

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

I have to agree with GG here, 100% really similar but more sporadic. I wouldn’t rule it out 100% but I would see how not spraying goes before I changed to much else
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

grumpygrower wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:02 pm
TommyT wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
Hey Tommy, yours look very different than Gward20's buddy. I can see straight away you have Mg deficiency because your damage starts at the end of the leaf and the chlorosis follows the veins. Gward20's damage is further back into the leaf and the damage is sporadic.
This is what I like about you. You have a very trained eye.
Thanks for pointing out the difference. I didn't notice that till now.
Your always teaching me something. :clap:

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

I have and still use optic foliar overgrow with the lights ON and have never had a problem. That's under DE HPS, CMH, and several different LEDs and have never had an issue with it doing anything to the leaves. The reason you can spray this product with the lights on is because it dissolves the waxy layer of your leaf an penetrates into the leaf, you won't have water sitting on your leaves for long periods.

Is it on only one leaf or multiple?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Spartangrown wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 am
I have and still use optic foliar overgrow with the lights ON and have never had a problem. That's under DE HPS, CMH, and several different LEDs and have never had an issue with it doing anything to the leaves. The reason you can spray this product with the lights on is because it dissolves the waxy layer of your leaf an penetrates into the leaf, you won't have water sitting on your leaves for long periods.

Is it on only one leaf or multiple?
Very interesting information Spartan! There are a few photos in the original post. The sporadic damage makes me still think it's spraying or bugs.

How does transport work if you don't mind me asking? I've read several different things online this morning? I know nonylphenol ethoxylates will break down the waxy cuticle but that's not unique to this product and I think most non-ionic wetting agents will do the same? The other two things I've read is transport aids the transportation into the mesophyll layer but the mode of action is unclear and the final thing was it opens up stomata to improve uptake.

I'm just skeptical of anything in the hydroponics market that release these products, claiming big things but with no actual explanation around how it works. When I read big claims like this I immediately default to skepticism :)

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”