Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Growing Perfect Weed Indoors

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Growing Perfect Weed Indoors

Post by Josh »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
slayking0113 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 pm
My first Grow is under LED, the Mars Hydro SP250, they are a great light choice for my growing, full-spectrum, dimmable, but there is still a problem, no UV light. It seems that many companies don't consider add UV light, that's a big loss.
I wouldn't touch Mars if you paid me. I had one of theirs, but never again.

They also don't care about customer security. Avoid at all costs.
that blurple

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

slayking0113

Post by slayking0113 »

That's so bad. But I don't have this situation, they give me great advice for my first, quickly reply, my light work well so far, I'm ready going to my second :dance:

slayking0113

Post by slayking0113 »

integrajosh wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 am
slayking0113 wrote:My first Grow is under LED, the Mars Hydro SP250, they are a great light choice for my growing, full-spectrum, dimmable, but there is still a problem, no UV light. It seems that many companies don't consider add UV light, that's a big loss.
I have a lush lighting dominator 2xxL, pulls 600 watts at the wall and has a row or two of uv diodes. Absolutely fries young plants no matter how high I have it, even at half power.
Buds weren't any frostier than my hps tent, same clones. They did seem to smell a little stronger though... So in my opinion not worth it to supplement uv

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Yeah, If the result is not much different, no need to add it, otherwise it will only increase our growing cost.

JasonBourne

Post by JasonBourne »

Just to share my 2p worth of opinion here lads as u can buy cheap leds same way you can buy cheap uv lights that will do no business with your plants but maybe harm them even. Commercial growers over the pond use variety of spectrum from al kind of lights including uv and they achieve outstanding even incredible trichome production so that speaks enough for me

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

slayking0113 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:39 am
That's so bad. But I don't have this situation, they give me great advice for my first, quickly reply, my light work well so far, I'm ready going to my second :dance:
Their lights are nothing outstanding. They don't care about personal safety. They gave out someone's address publicly on a weed forum.

If you want excellent lights, great service and a company that does care about your safety, then go with Invisible Sun. Go with the experts, not the wannabes.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

ReeferSpin
Known User

Post by ReeferSpin »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am
slayking0113 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:39 am
Their lights are nothing outstanding. They don't care about personal safety. They gave out someone's address publicly on a weed forum.

If you want excellent lights, great service and a company that does care about your safety, then go with Invisible Sun. Go with the experts, not the wannabes.
this, every day, my first grow I'm doing with Invisible Sun at the moment, nice white light!

If MARS's lights are the same manufacturing quality as their tent that I have, I would run a mile tbh, first grow and the zips are already leaking light, and the pinholes are everywhere.

The Invisible Sun dude was incredibly helpful and patient with a noobie like me.

Nothing but good things to say about them!

Good luck mate

Reefer

slayking0113

Post by slayking0113 »

Haaaaaaaah, I also use mars hydro tent, not bad, the light and the tent work well, even beyond my exception, no other options now.
Thanks for your advice. Newbee, no more experience of the light, budget allowed, I will try it in the future.

slayking0113

Post by slayking0113 »

JasonBourne wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:40 am
Just to share my 2p worth of opinion here lads as u can buy cheap leds same way you can buy cheap uv lights that will do no business with your plants but maybe harm them even. Commercial growers over the pond use variety of spectrum from al kind of lights including uv and they achieve outstanding even incredible trichome production so that speaks enough for me

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
still confused, so the uv is essential for plant growth, and most the led light on the market is no true uv light, right?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

ElectricSky has an excellent article about LEDs and some of the myths that have croped up over the years. I know most of the time you can't believe the marketing hype but the article seems genuine and rings true based on other things I've read while doing research. https://thegreensunshineco.com/7-myths- ... -tell-you/
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Very good article Grumpy thanks :D
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”