Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

low ph in root zone

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
User avatar
Treetrunk
Known User
GR Points: 16,992.43 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by Treetrunk »

2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:29 pm
Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:41 am
What EC are you running?
Ec 1.3-1.5
Not sure what nutrients you use but that sounds pretty low to me.
In 4th week of flower I'd be at 2.0 to 2.2 EC. I use Canna or Mills nutrients.
You will get fluctuations especially just after flip and when adding PK.
Can you post any pictures?

User avatar
ncrypta.core
Known User
GR Points: 4,037.37 
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:42 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by ncrypta.core »

2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 pm
ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 am
What’s your run off ph reading?? have you tried rising ph to 6.5 to see if that makes a difference as of the compensation, I mean like if you up it to 6.0-6.2 and goes go 5.5-5.6 would 6.5 change it to like 5.8-5.9?
I can't measure the run off, as it's wilma system, recirculating, that's the reason why i asking, because the system use same nutrients after run off.
Yes you can tho lol place a saucer under the pot before it goes back into the reservoir that you can check your run off PH then just poor it back in to the res once you checked, this what I have to do when as I’m on a drip table. otherwise it’s just going down the drain before I’ve had chance to check.
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2xtt
Registered User
GR Points: 1,231.00 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 am
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by 2xtt »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 pm
2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 pm
ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 am
What’s your run off ph reading?? have you tried rising ph to 6.5 to see if that makes a difference as of the compensation, I mean like if you up it to 6.0-6.2 and goes go 5.5-5.6 would 6.5 change it to like 5.8-5.9?
I can't measure the run off, as it's wilma system, recirculating, that's the reason why i asking, because the system use same nutrients after run off. If i watering simply i didn't take so much attention to that, but now happens what time to time watering is whit low ph, as should be in 12/12 bit bigger then in veg
Are you changing the water and feed weekly or just topping it up?

Ph swings are normal, they can play to your advantage. The drop everyday is a pain in the bum, but at least you know it happens and the plants are fine, so I;d just roll with it.
Changing weekly, even fresh feed after day i should top up with ph up

2xtt
Registered User
GR Points: 1,231.00 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 am
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by 2xtt »

Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:18 am
2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:29 pm
Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:41 am
What EC are you running?
Ec 1.3-1.5
Not sure what nutrients you use but that sounds pretty low to me.
In 4th week of flower I'd be at 2.0 to 2.2 EC. I use Canna or Mills nutrients.
You will get fluctuations especially just after flip and when adding PK.
Can you post any pictures?
Pictures can post in two tree days, using shogun nutrients line

User avatar
Treetrunk
Known User
GR Points: 16,992.43 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by Treetrunk »

2xtt wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:51 am
Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:18 am
2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:29 pm


Ec 1.3-1.5
Not sure what nutrients you use but that sounds pretty low to me.
In 4th week of flower I'd be at 2.0 to 2.2 EC. I use Canna or Mills nutrients.
You will get fluctuations especially just after flip and when adding PK.
Can you post any pictures?
Pictures can post in two tree days, using shogun nutrients line
My advice is to raise the EC to 2.0 and run that till week 7 or 8.
What strains are you growing?

2xtt
Registered User
GR Points: 1,231.00 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 am
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by 2xtt »

Treetrunk wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:19 am
2xtt wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:51 am
Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:18 am


Not sure what nutrients you use but that sounds pretty low to me.
In 4th week of flower I'd be at 2.0 to 2.2 EC. I use Canna or Mills nutrients.
You will get fluctuations especially just after flip and when adding PK.
Can you post any pictures?
Pictures can post in two tree days, using shogun nutrients line
My advice is to raise the EC to 2.0 and run that till week 7 or 8.
What strains are you growing?
Apple turnover

User avatar
kbag
GR420 Leg End
GR Points: 3,326.06 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by kbag »

Jimmy hit the nail on the head, personally i like to mine to rise but either way does not matter as long as you keep it in the zone.

Post Reply

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”