Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Defoliating a vegging plant.

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Defoliating a vegging plant.

Post by Marcus »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:34 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:05 pm
I'm baffled as to why folks take leaves off plants at any stage unless they want the plant a specific trained shape.
My reason for removing the 1/3 of the plant after stretch is over is that reduces the humidity big time for my growing space. Also at this stage I add support to the plants and usually don't take them out of the tent no more. And if i don't strip the lower growth it starts dying and some areas are hard to reach, which leaves rotting leaves and eventually might lead to bud rot and I don't really want that :Stoned:
Good reasoning Bulls.

I'd be interested to see or do a side by side on humidity and plant (leaf) mass. My RH is in the low 40% high 30% and I don't take anything off.

I also find used up leaves from downstairs don't rot, they go dry and fall off. I was under the impression that Botrytis likes wet living plant matter to break down and grow. Whenever I do the crawl of backbreaking pain to water the buggers, everything that's come off is always crispy.

I've only ever had rot once and that was when I ran a flood and drain, the plants were netted in a scrog and I lollipopped them. :strangling:

I'd be interested in running hepa filtered air if rot became a problem in the new grow space. (that's a topic for another day) :lol:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Bulls (Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:50 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”