Re: Macro photography

Post by Inactive account »

Wow amazing pics fp

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

ImageImageImageImage
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Keeno
Respected Member

Post by Keeno »

duke wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:07 pm
cool pics keeno i do like pics,i bought a usb scope but im to shaky to use it and it makes my trichomes square! :rage:
I know that problem mate, for every clear picture there are 30 blurry ones 😂🙈

I got one of them phone type lenses, they clip over the camera. Surprised how good they come out for what it is.

Keeno
Respected Member

Post by Keeno »

Back Room Farmer

Post by Back Room Farmer »

this next grow I plan to deep dive into macro

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,

The mentions of images turning blurred because of movement sounded absolutely relevant to me: think of some tripod support when buying! Short and long... Of course the matter of lighting was on-topic as well, considering the cost of such hobby it only makes sense anyway... A long time ago i've had an opportunity to play with Canon's EOS software (mine is the old Rebel T3); the most obvious benefit was convenient comfort and a significant gain of time, but i didn't have diffuse ring-lighting and much less a 2nd lense assembly for 100 X macro-photo sessions. So it all went the cheap way instead...
Egzoset wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm
...inside the nuggets:

That's part of the trade-offs required to render that magic hobby more affordable to the masses, while remote manual adjustment of a snapshot must feel like icing on the cake i shall admit!

Which reminds me that i once searched for 3rd-party programs like those evoked below, using SiC Foam from my VG pipe as one fair reticle substitute, to evaluate picture quality differences...
Egzoset wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 pm
...works fine with all this software:

Aveo Technology - "USB2.0 Camera" (Ven/Prod 1871:7670)
Perhaps it would help motivate future macro-photo hobbyists to check if there ain't any GNU (Win/Lin) freeware to match more evolved cameras for them, though it's still going to translate into a bulky installation - another trade-off besides economics i guess.

The opportunity "window" passed years ago in my case but i kept good memories of it, even if the best i had in the begining was just an ordinary/budget Kodak EasyShare Z915, definitely NOT producing nice seed close-ups as those found in the present thread, for example:

Fair but clearly not as impressive. Not to mention i must have been lucky to pick a device that would work even at relatively short distances and using no macro lenses...

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Ukbudz wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:00 am
So this is my little setup at the moment. I use my google pixel 2 with the 100mm apexel lens on a stabilised gimble with a clip on ring light, the Panasonic lumix fz100 which I always thought was a dslr turns out isn't :lol: its a bridge camera :idn: Though I'm currently looking at getting a telephoto conversion lens for this with a macro lens which if my research is correct I should be able to then take macros from a tripod with it, though if any experts want to correct me or even better give me a cheaper option that would be great :lol:
I realise this is an old thread, but I use an extension tube with my Lumix DMC-GX80, much cheaper than a macro lens and works pretty well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MK-P-AF3A-Exte ... B06XTMWMVJ

Took this with it:

I'll get a proper macro lens eventually when I'm not so skint. I'm surprised by the quality of some of these phone pics though. I bought one of those these and could not get results like that - tried to return it and they just gave my money back without me sending the piece of crap back, suggesting it really was just a piece of crap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HVR9Q1H

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”