A very small milestone..

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: A very small milestone..

Post by JJ »

Tictok wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Just harvested my original NL5 from The Green Stash in Calli (these are original NL5 seeds from them indians on that island off Seattle apparently). Been running the strain for a few years, live it but the yields on this pheno are not brilliant, but quality over quantity.

Dusted a branch with a Guerilla Fume male I found (best of two males) as it had incredible tight branching and flowered late.

Here is the one of the results, my first ever (deliberate) cross....

There's obviously more but this was the first one I found and the rest if the plant is sensimilla so still get a smoke.

Small beginnings. The plan will be to work the line to find males and girls and get things stable.

Thanks for indulging in my very small milestone!
My question is on dusting one branch--will only that one branch get seeds then does rest of plant keep producing thc??

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

JJ wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:22 pm
Tictok wrote:
Just harvested my original NL5 from The Green Stash in Calli (these are original NL5 seeds from them indians on that island off Seattle apparently). Been running the strain for a few years, live it but the yields on this pheno are not brilliant, but quality over quantity.

Dusted a branch with a Guerilla Fume male I found (best of two males) as it had incredible tight branching and flowered late.

There's obviously more but this was the first one I found and the rest if the plant is sensimilla so still get a smoke.

Small beginnings. The plan will be to work the line to find males and girls and get things stable.

My question is on dusting one branch--will only that one branch get seeds then does rest of plant keep producing thc??
I believe it will, so in theory you get sensimilla buds on the majority of the plant bar the one branch that is seeded.

The challenge is just dusting the one branch as pollen gets everywhere!

Does the energy used to make the seeds detract from the quality of the THC on the rest of the plant? No idea.

Seeded bud is definitely not as strong, so it may have an effect on the plant as a whole. No idea, not enough experience yet.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Tictok wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:30 am
JJ wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:22 pm
Tictok wrote:

I believe it will, so in theory you get sensimilla buds on the majority of the plant bar the one branch that is seeded.

The challenge is just dusting the one branch as pollen gets everywhere!

Does the energy used to make the seeds detract from the quality of the THC on the rest of the plant? No idea.

Seeded bud is definitely not as strong, so it may have an effect on the plant as a whole. No idea, not enough experience yet.
I always thought that the plant makes the sticky trics to attract the pollen..then after pollination will not need to produce more..so earlier the pollen less the trics overall...good luck,I'm sure it will work out for ya,,even if ya are chucking dust everywhere,maybe a small paintbrush(that's how I do zuchini in the garden)
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
GMO (Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:18 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”