Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone using anything to simulate stress while Flowering?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Anyone using anything to simulate stress while Flowering?

Post by seymore_budz »

Hello all,

I'm considering using some Bud Factor X from AN within my current grow. Bus Factor X contains harpins and chitosan. These both trick the plant to thinking its under attack and triggers defense responses that in turn increases the production of secondary metabolites.

By using these along-side my UVB supplementary lighting, I'm hoping I can keep my foot on the gas with the nutrients , maximising dry weight while keeping secondary metabolite production as high as possible. The holy grail I suppose :)

I'm hoping some of you guys may have used similar products and have feedback to share? Bud Factor X is eye wateringly expensive, so if there's a product that exists and is cheaper then even better!
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:33 am) • anova.330 (Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:14 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Anyone using anything to simulate stress while Flowering?

Post by Marcus »

I use Plagrons Green Sensation.

Haven't for the last few grows and I can see the difference it makes.

Not cheap, but for 4 plants in a 1m2 tent, I get 2 grows out of a £20 bottle.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
seymore_budz (Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:27 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:22 am
I use Plagrons Green Sensation.

Haven't for the last few grows and I can see the difference it makes.

Not cheap, but for 4 plants in a 1m2 tent, I get 2 grows out of a £20 bottle.
Green sensation is an awesome product. I've used it many times and it 100% works great. The biggest difference it makes is it increases bud sites. I get some fat buds using it :)

[s]I didn't think that contained any PGRs though? From memory it's a PK booster with some additions.[/s]

Just read the product description and they market it as providing "positive salt stress" to promote stress response metabolites.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Fuck knows, but compared to normal pk boosters, it does better in my tent.

From googly ...

Contains Potassium phosphate Monobase, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Potassium hydroxide, Lactic acid, Phosphoric acid, EDTA, Phosphorous penta oxide, Potassium phosphate.

Causes a stress response in plants, making more sugars and strengthening cell walls leading to increased growth.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
seymore_budz (Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:30 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:59 am
Fuck knows, but compared to normal pk boosters, it does better in my tent.

From googly ...

Contains Potassium phosphate Monobase, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Potassium hydroxide, Lactic acid, Phosphoric acid, EDTA, Phosphorous penta oxide, Potassium phosphate.

Causes a stress response in plants, making more sugars and strengthening cell walls leading to increased growth.
Hydrolyzed Milk Protein! That's protein shake 💪 maximum gains lol
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Marcus (Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:34 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Ive used harpin protein before but it was a long time ago. It was used as a foliar spray early in bloom to try and stimulate flowering earlier and create more bud sites. I seem to remember that i used it later in bloom as well to trick plant into kicking off fattening buds up again. But i cant remember if it did owt tbh, prolly didnt or i woulda remembered and given them more than one or two tries with the stuff.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:01 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:44 am
Ive used harpin protein before but it was a long time ago. It was used as a foliar spray early in bloom to try and stimulate flowering earlier and create more bud sites. I seem to remember that i used it later in bloom as well to trick plant into kicking off fattening buds up again. But i cant remember if it did owt tbh, prolly didnt or i woulda remembered and given them more than one or two tries with the stuff.
Cheers @2-Scoops Interesting that you used it for creating bud sites. Do you remember the name of the product or was it something you made up yourself?

Been skimming some research papers and it looks like has quite a few benefits like increasing germination speeds and fighting mould and mildew.

I've just ordered 500ml of Bud Factor X and I'll give it a whirl. Can't do any side-by-side tests as I'm running aeroponics atm so all on one resovoir.
2-Scoops (Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:52 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Spider mites will stress you and the plants during flower. :rolf:

These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:24 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:21 pm
Spider mites will stress you and the plants during flower. :rolf:

That's how these additives work as far as I'm aware. They're derivatives from animal shells etc that trick the plant into thinking its under attack. The theory is that with the above and UV, I can trigger stress responses without the stress and you can have the best of both worlds. Strong plants that have been loaded up with fertiliser and weigh a shit ton.

Looks like Bud Factor X also has Salicylic Acid too.

2-Scoops (Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

seymore_budz wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:11 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:44 am
Cheers @2-Scoops Interesting that you used it for creating bud sites. Do you remember the name of the product or was it something you made up yourself?

Been skimming some research papers and it looks like has quite a few benefits like increasing germination speeds and fighting mould and mildew.

I've just ordered 500ml of Bud Factor X and I'll give it a whirl. Can't do any side-by-side tests as I'm running aeroponics atm so all on one resovoir.
It was called Halo Seymour, just looked in kitchen draw theirs a few or more sachets still in their. Maybe ill give it another go with my current grow when i flip to bloom, need to read how to use it again though, bloody forgot haven't i. :roll eyes:

Just reading what yourself and Marcus are on about and i saw hydrolysed whey protein mentioned. Out of interest that's prolly backbone and main ingredient that's used in boosts like big bud and overdrive etc, obviously not in PK boosts. You can buy shit loads of the powdered stuff in big tubs as well, i would think theirs a lifetime supply of boosts for growers in one of those big round tubs at a fraction cost of the stuff in bottles, you know the stuff bodybuilders use. The only downside i see with using this stuff from what ive read is it doesn't stand for weeks on end in a mix, so if making a mix up it needs using up pretty quickly. Obviously i would think they add parabens into the bottled stuff to extend its shelf life so it stands and doesn't go off and all that typo shit.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”