Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Odor neutralisers

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
wutang
Known User

Odor neutralisers

Post by wutang »

Hey guys

I'm drying in a small bedroom at the moment. Only have a 4" extractor outside the tent but it's not doing a lot. I don't want it in the tent or sucking out air as I don't want it to dry out my produce.

Anyone use any odor neutrailisers in this scenario like the ona buckets and fans?

Che33rs

Vador
Known User

Re: Odor neutralisers

Post by Vador »

I used an ona pot once and put it in my ducting, it was a freebie from the grow shop. Tbh though im not sure if it was doing anything as everything gets extracted out the roof anyway so i never smelt a thing.
I did leave it in the room for a few hours with the lid off and it stunk the whole room out so it definitely does something.
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes those ona blocks are super strong stinking, I'd be a bit weary of having it in same room as bud cus of taste it may or may not effect. I used one once in same way as Vador did in my outlet blasting into loft
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Ona blocks are great but as said above, perhaps not in the same room (definitely not in the same tent).

I made a dry box from a large cardboard box, stuck a mini carbon filter in there at the bottom of one end, with 4inch duct coming out and attached to a 4inch fan (one of those weak black orchid ones).

Stuck wires across for hanging and made a hole on the opposite top corner to where the filter is.

You can adjust the length of the duct to weaken the draw through the filter (I've got about 12inches outside the box and I bend it up to slow the flow further).

This tends to keep air circulating but slowly and the filter sorts the smell.

Normally it's in the loft but in summer it gets moved to the bedroom due to the heat. Doesn't smell at all.

mrming

Post by mrming »

Nilco H12 PowerFresh Fresh Linen Air Freshener 750ml

£9 on ebay 1 squirt house don't smell of pot - H12 is a odour neutraliser so it really really work.
:puff puff: :puff puff:

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

mrming wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:29 pm
Nilco H12 PowerFresh Fresh Linen Air Freshener 750ml

£9 on ebay 1 squirt house don't smell of pot - H12 is a odour neutraliser so it really really work.
Thanks all.

Will have to check this h12 thing out. Thanks bro

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Outside

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I've used the ona, plug in ozone, painting the fence, burning curry, air fresheners, plug in smellies, burning sticks and probably other stuff I've forgotten about. Out of that little lot i found ona was ok but not in the same room, I'd pit it around the rest if the house. Plug in ozone works, don't breathe that shit its bad, still have it as backup but i send the family out if i have to use it and dont return for a few hours. The best thing i did was a 6 inch rvk sat directly on a filter, works quick, reliable, safe, portable. Use it with a step down dimmer so it don't hum. If i were to replace it I'd buy a cheap ec fan like ac infinity.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”