Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Red Spectrum in Bloom

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
fabi420

Red Spectrum in Bloom

Post by fabi420 »

Hello my growmies πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
I have a question about the red light spectrum regarding the transition to flowering. Maybe some of you are working with it.
With one of my LEDs I can switch the three spectra white, blue and red separately.
My question is, when would you turn on red?
As I said, during the transition to flowering.
1. When you switch to 12/12?
2. Even before? How long before?
3. Later? How long later?

I always added red directly at 12/12. On the last run, I didn't turn on the red spectrum until a week after 12/12 because I read that somewhere. I would argue that it was better for initial flower development.

What do you think? how do you do it? πŸ€”βœŒοΈ
FLO & H2O !

Vador
Known User

Re: Red Spectrum in Bloom

Post by Vador »

With traditional hid lighting i used to run the mh into the first couple of weeks of flower to try and reduce stretch. Then i started to switch back to mh for trichome production at the end.
Havent got that luxury anymore with these led panels im using but wondered the same sort of thing
β–‘β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–„β–€β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–‘β–„β–€β–„β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„
β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was β€œwhat am I doing tonight”.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

15 minutes before and 15mins after main lights are out is said helps with transition to bloom quicker, its also said helps to send them to sleep and wake up quicker. Use it all the way through your grow this way. Well its how i used it on mine, but i used a separate red led so much easier to use in way im on about. This is for the 730nm wavelength

The 630nm deep red wavelength or their about I'd be using it from day one of 12/12 although strictly not called for till you start seeing buds for what its gonna cost and possible advantages of having it on its how i do it.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

fabi420

Post by fabi420 »

@Vador I've also read about taking out the red spectrum at the end, but I haven't tried it yet. Would be worth a try. Thanks for your answer πŸ’ͺ

fabi420

Post by fabi420 »

@2-Scoops I can definitely try that. Yes, of course it would be easier with a separate light.
That definitely helped me and confirmed me. Thank you very much for your great answer πŸ’ͺ

staggering prod
Known User

Post by staggering prod »

gots me thinkin TY

Return to β€œGeneral Growers & Cannabis Discussion”