Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coronavirus

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 2-Scoops »

So apparently it`s just landed in my community just around corner at Doctors today cus it`s closed and it should be open, that`s all i can find on it tbh, hopefully tis just heresay, but if it`s true and it has landed then i reckon a few or three more weeks and all hope will be lost for any way of controlling it in my area now before it peeks a few months later. Peeps still don`t realise dangers of it and are all happy and blazze about it. We`ll see how long that blazze attitude lasts when its not even full weight upon us in a few weeks or so if it`s true that is, just cus peeps are cleaning Docs doesn`t mean someone has it, then again why shut Docs down to clean, feck knows tbh.

So figures for my area theirs at least 50 thousand peeps on my estate and the Professors from around world from every corner who are virus, epidemic and disease control pro`s say we should possibly (most likely) expect 80% of people to catch this virus over next 2 years but in it`s peak 50% of that 80% will catch it within that 9 week peak from start of us losing control. Which is when we don`t really wanna be catching it as this will be the time most deaths occur and are happening cus Hospitals are gonna be overun and unable to cope and the Doctors will be having to take decisions on peeps who may quite possibly survive if we had enough equipment for them to go on bnut without will die, so the Doc is gonna have to make a choice who is gonna go on these ICU wards a bit like whats happening in Italy now, so yes as said in this scenario many who would quite possibly have survived are gonna die. Where as if you get it after that 9 week peak and become seriously ill you would prolly have much better chance of survival cus those ICU spots will be more available than they are when virus is at its peak, well so i`d like to think.

But yes back to my estate, so 80% of the 50000 peeps is 40 thousand and 50% of that is 20 thousand and if the 5% mortality rate in Italy is anything to go by and we use those figures, (which prolly isn`t a true rep of virus mortalitiy rate) but at 5% mortality of 20000 peeps is 1000 dead in 2 to 3 months just on the council estate i live on. If i took those figures and added them to my City and half million population that would 10,000 deaths in same period and if we took those figures nationwide based on a 50million poplutation that would be 5million deaths i think, but that`s all if it went full weight out of control using Italians 5% mortality rate which prolly isn`t a true representative of what the mortality rate of virus is and prolly closer to 1% hopefully. But yes that`s expected death toll just in that peak period of the virus with those numbers and % used that we see coming through from Italy. Can you guys see owt stopping this virus or owt slowing it down, certainly not British Summertime.

Suppose im talking worse case scenario here and i hope its bollox but still the death toll is gonna be crazy mad high even if your using death toll percentages from lets say the better countries with higher survival rastes atmo and is gonna be at least a million imho. That`s just in first wave of the virus we`ve not even got on to second wave. :idn:

If that makes no sense at all no sweat cus it doesnt to me either 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm) • Dex (Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:39 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:12 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

jimmi2scoops wrote:So apparently it`s just landed in my community just around corner at Doctors today cus it`s closed and it should be open, that`s all i can find on it tbh, hopefully tis just heresay, but if it`s true and it has landed then i reckon a few or three more weeks and all hope will be lost for any way of controlling it in my area now before it peeks a few months later. Peeps still don`t realise dangers of it and are all happy and blazze about it. We`ll see how long that blazze attitude lasts when its not even full weight upon us in a few weeks or so if it`s true that is, just cus peeps are cleaning Docs doesn`t mean someone has it, then again why shut Docs down to clean, feck knows tbh.

So figures for my area theirs at least 50 thousand peeps on my estate and the Professors from around world from every corner who are virus, epidemic and disease control pro`s say we should possibly (most likely) expect 80% of people to catch this virus over next 2 years but in it`s peak 50% of that 80% will catch it within that 9 week peak from start of us losing control. Which is when we don`t really wanna be catching it as this will be the time most deaths occur and are happening cus Hospitals are gonna be overun and unable to cope and the Doctors will be having to take decisions on peeps who may quite possibly survive if we had enough equipment for them to go on bnut without will die, so the Doc is gonna have to make a choice who is gonna go on these ICU wards a bit like whats happening in Italy now, so yes as said in this scenario many who would quite possibly have survived are gonna die. Where as if you get it after that 9 week peak and become seriously ill you would prolly have much better chance of survival cus those ICU spots will be more available than they are when virus is at its peak, well so i`d like to think.

But yes back to my estate, so 80% of the 50000 peeps is 40 thousand and 50% of that is 20 thousand and if the 5% mortality rate in Italy is anything to go by and we use those figures, (which prolly isn`t a true rep of virus mortalitiy rate) but at 5% mortality of 20000 peeps is 1000 dead in 2 to 3 months just on the council estate i live on. If i took those figures and added them to my City and half million population that would 10,000 deaths in same period and if we took those figures nationwide based on a 50million poplutation that would be 5million deaths i think, but that`s all if it went full weight out of control using Italians 5% mortality rate which prolly isn`t a true representative of what the mortality rate of virus is and prolly closer to 1% hopefully. But yes that`s expected death toll just in that peak period of the virus with those numbers and % used that we see coming through from Italy. Can you guys see owt stopping this virus or owt slowing it down, certainly not British Summertime.

Suppose im talking worse case scenario here and i hope its bollox but still the death toll is gonna be crazy mad high even if your using death toll percentages from lets say the better countries with higher survival rastes atmo and is gonna be at least a million imho. That`s just in first wave of the virus we`ve not even got on to second wave. :idn:

If that makes no sense at all no sweat cus it doesnt to me either 8-)
That’s going for it jimmi who u working for the government
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:57 pm) • Dex (Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:39 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Not bad hey @Mrs Beefheart :roll eyes: All hope is lost :lol:

Think i got my adds and takeaways wrong their though with the 5million deaths for nation as a whole, 80% of 50,000,000 is 40 million and half that is 20million then 5% of 20,000,000 is 1million deaths and not 5 million, i`m bad. :roll eyes:

I feel better already and ive not even had it yet 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm) • Dex (Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:39 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 pm
Loooooooooooolz me and wife had a right giggle over this one
These users thanked the author Dex for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:03 pm) • Inactive account (Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

jimmi2scoops wrote:Not bad hey @Mrs Beefheart :roll eyes: All hope is lost :lol:

Think i got my adds and takeaways wrong their though with the 5million deaths for nation as a whole, 80% of 50,000,000 is 40 million and half that is 20million then 5% of 20,000,000 is 1million deaths and not 5 million, i`m bad. :roll eyes:

I feel better already and ive not even had it yet 8-)
Creased me hun
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 pm) • Dex (Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:40 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

New out

These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Dex (Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 pm)

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

we just got a heath canada warning of a quarintene so to stock pile food stuff and water , there has now been one confermed case here in sudbury
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Wizard wrote:we just got a heath canada warning of a quarintene so to stock pile food stuff and water , there has now been one confermed case here in sudbury
I knew I shoulda took notice of when the zombies were taking over on what to stock pile now gonna have to drive to bloody England stock up on vody now they’ve hit us with alcohol tax life
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Dex (Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:50 pm)

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

Current situation
Areas in Canada with cases of COVID-19 as of March 10, 2020
Province or territory Confirmed cases
Ontario 36
British Columbia 39
Quebec 4
Alberta 14
Total cases: 93
Information on demographics, symptoms and outcomes is available for most cases.

Of these cases:

the onset of illnesses occurred between January 15 and March 5, 2020
55% of ill individuals are female
79% of ill individuals are over the age of 40
13% of ill individuals have been hospitalized
1 person has died of COVID-19
79% of ill individuals are travellers and 12% are close contacts of those travellers
This illness summary is updated once daily with COVID-19 information that is provided by provinces and territories to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). A detailed epidemiologic summary is also available.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”