Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Another energy rise in October - 32%

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Another energy rise in October - 32%

Post by The Aspie Toker »

There's talk of OFGEM reviewing the cap 4 times a year instead of 2.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

With the cost of energy going up prescription cannabis must be going to go up as well.

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

The future is leds, I bought into the idea 10 years ago when all the hydro shops and my mates were saying Leds are shit and will never produce large plants and be good enough , well guess what. …… I told you so lmfao
Led setup cost is higher yes , but I believe you can recoup the cost back in saved electric in 3 grows, the weed is better , and stronger and much more resin produced over hps
I have said myself lots of time price of street weed won’t go up because most gangs bypas the electric anyway so it’s no concern , but having to mingle with such folk , and risk being seen going to buy weed isn’t my scene , I have a full array of led panels from tiny ones for begging upto 350w telos 0010s and 350w quantum panels. And let’s face it we all have to have a hobby , hobby’s cost money , it just so happens growing good weed costs you electric ,
Fishing costs you bait and day tickets , racing cars costs fuel tyres clutches etc , golf costs you club membership , gonna watch football rugby costs ticket fees ,
I know it’s a shitty situation but ….. it is what it is. Just got to be smarter in what we do , I am currently growing an auto in the veg tent with my photos , so in theory the auto is for free cause by time I’m ready to flip the auto will be fully flowered , gonna put my next photos in the wife’s green house to veg while the others are on 12/12 and so on

Paul

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Just a heads up to everyone that thinks that shit's bad in UK only - no it's global and I think europe is currently taking punch after punch. I follow what's happening at 3 countries minimum(including UK) and it's the same shit fest everywhere. And shit's about to get even worse. So save your pennies. :Stoned:

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Time to tap into to the lamp post outside for juice then

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Saying that @Nom I know back home some smaller villages introduced street lights off times between 23:00 and 04:00 as they were unable to cover the cost of the electricity.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

The world is in for a massive shock. Hyper inflation has been happening for a while but its about to get crazy. They've been doing the same with the street light within the UK @Bulls.

We're on the brink of economic collapse. When the US Stock market crashes with a hard landing in a few weeks, we will see some crazy shit. I'm going to take a guess and say property will see a 30% drop in value, crypto will take another battering and food prices will be through the roof.

Sad times to come.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

The usual stuff that happens when an empire is falling (USA) and another one is rising (China). We had all the indicators showing that it's coming. Sad times to go through. Official figures show inflation is some stupid percent when in reality and from what I see is above 30% for the cost of living. In Bulgaria to fill a 55L tank of Diesel costs 1/3 of the average montly salary(180 bulgarian leva for a tank of diesel) to 710 bulgarian leva montly salary. Shocking!

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Ofgem are predicting at least a 42% rise in energy come October and also another similar rise before Spring 2023.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Well, if this is the case the truth of it fir me atleast is that I will most likely have to pack in growing. I don't hit anywhere near those numbers of harvested dried bud for that kind of wattage used. My past two grows gave me about 3.5 zips for 240w of leds and just shy of 5 zips for 240 watts led so that's 8.5 zips in total for 480 watts of led which is way below what you guys are saying. I've been at it 2.5 years now and have completed 8 grows and never come anywhere near. So for me it probably will end up being cheaper/less hassle to just buy it and once the other half realises how much its costing or what it may start to cost that'll be the nail in the coffin. On top of that I've tried some of my mates street weed and 7/10 times its either comparable or blows it out the water. I'm not a great grower and I may well improve but it's looking like it wont end up being viable for me to spend the time and money to get there. Fuck knows

I'll say this though if America is falling it won't go quietly

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”