Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

FACT Of The Day !!!

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: FACT Of The Day !!!

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

only one face of the Moon is ever seen from Earth. This is because the Moon rotates around on its own axis in exactly the same time it takes to orbit the Earth, meaning the same side is always facing the Earth. The side facing away from Earth has only been seen by the human eye from spacecraft
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Rain is wet

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:Rain is wet
Is water wet or is something only wet when it's touched by water?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

GMO wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:Rain is wet
Is water wet or is something only wet when it's touched by water?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm surrounded by nutters

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am
only one face of the Moon is ever seen from Earth. This is because the Moon rotates around on its own axis in exactly the same time it takes to orbit the Earth, meaning the same side is always facing the Earth. The side facing away from Earth has only been seen by the human eye from spacecraft
I've seen the dark side of the moon. It's scary shit man.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am
I've seen the dark side of the moon. It's scary shit man.
Took acid and listened to Pink Floyd huh?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

If the Sun were made of bananas, it would be just as hot !!

The Sun is hot, as the more astute of you will have noticed. It is hot because its enormous weight – about a billion billion billion tons – creates vast gravity, putting its core under colossal pressure. Just as a bicycle pump gets warm when you pump it, the pressure increases the temperature. Enormous pressure leads to enormous temperature.

If, instead of hydrogen, you got a billion billion billion tons of bananas and hung it in space, it would create just as much pressure, and therefore just as high a temperature. So it would make very little difference to the heat whether you made the Sun out of hydrogen, or bananas, or patio furniture.
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Damn! That's a good one
DJ Smokey wrote:If the Sun were made of bananas, it would be just as hot !!

The Sun is hot, as the more astute of you will have noticed. It is hot because its enormous weight – about a billion billion billion tons – creates vast gravity, putting its core under colossal pressure. Just as a bicycle pump gets warm when you pump it, the pressure increases the temperature. Enormous pressure leads to enormous temperature.

If, instead of hydrogen, you got a billion billion billion tons of bananas and hung it in space, it would create just as much pressure, and therefore just as high a temperature. So it would make very little difference to the heat whether you made the Sun out of hydrogen, or bananas, or patio furniture.
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

The faster you move, the heavier you get !!

If you run really fast, you gain weight. Not permanently, or it would make a mockery of diet and exercise plans, but momentarily, and only a tiny amount.

Light speed is the speed limit of the universe. So if something is travelling close to the speed of light, and you give it a push, it can’t go very much faster. But you’ve given it extra energy, and that energy has to go somewhere.

Where it goes is mass. According to relativity, mass and energy are equivalent. So the more energy you put in, the greater the mass becomes. This is negligible at human speeds – Usain Bolt is not noticeably heavier when running than when still – but once you reach an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, your mass starts to increase rapidly.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

All the matter that makes up the human race could fit in a sugar cube !!

Atoms are 99.9999999999999 per cent empty space. As Tom Stoppard put it: "Make a fist, and if your fist is as big as the nucleus of an atom, then the atom is as big as St Paul's, and if it happens to be a hydrogen atom, then it has a single electron flitting about like a moth in an empty cathedral, now by the dome, now by the altar."

If you forced all the atoms together, removing the space between them, crushing them down so the all those vast empty cathedrals were compressed into the first-sized nuclei, a single teaspoon or sugar cube of the resulting mass would weigh five billion tons; about ten times the weight of all the humans who are currently alive.

Incidentally, that is exactly what has happened in a neutron star, the super-dense mass left over after a certain kind of supernova.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”