Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Growing Autos and Photos together?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Ganjamanz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Growing Autos and Photos together?

Post by Ganjamanz »

Hi guys currently doing my first grow in a 4x4 tent under a 300w light, wasn't to Shure if I would like Autoflowers or photoperiods for the first time growing so went with two of each type.
Decided to go with zkittles og auto for the Autoflowers (duhh) and pineapple chunks for the photoperiods, all seeds were from the same breeder..... barn *cough eys *cough fa *cough RM.
I am two months into the grow and they have all had their ups and downs but in all I think it is achievable to grow them together.
Can anyone tell me otherwise or any pros or cons that's I may have not thought about.

Bless up people

Ganjamanz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Growing Autos and Photos together?

Post by Ganjamanz »

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Hello buddy, looking nice 👍, I’m currently having my first go at autos and photos at the same time in the same tent, I vegged them all for a month when the 2x autos were just starting to flower, then I flipped the lot to 12/12 flowering schedule. I’m hoping the autos will be about done at the end of this month and il have a little more room to let the photos spread out. Considering the autos are only getting 12/12 I think they are filling out nicely. Tbh the only reason I can see for doing autos together with photos is to get sone smoke abit quicker or you have some seeds to use. Will see what the yield in the end but I’m glad I did it so far.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

It looks like the auto`s have started flowering for a few weeks now so if you flower them in same room they will be finished before the photoperiod strain so you`ll need to think about chopping and drying that firstly before the photoperiod strains, things to tic is drying out of tent with no extraction its gonna stink.

But theirs nowt to say you cant flower them both together but instead of running with auto plant lighting hours (18/6 or 24/0) your gonna need to flip lighting hours to 12/12 so the photo strains start to flower, slight pitfall of this is with the auto`s your gonna get less bud, generally with these type of plants longer light hours = more buddage but that's not so with photo strains they need 12/12 to flower and when you flip to these hours it will take a few weeks before you see buds. If ya gonna do it get them flipped to 12/12 asap mate cus they look nice plants about ready to go do the photo strains.

The auto`s look a bit scraggly and prolly wouldn`t do much better if you kept them on auto lighting hours, so personally if it was me I'd flip them to 12/12 flowering hours and take more care of the photo strains and they should do ya proud. The auto at front looks stressed out a bit but dont sweat it too much and carry on regardless, looking again both auto look a bit stressed out.

Its not really done thing mixing them up in a tent but theirs nothing to say you cant do it . 8-)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

staggering prod
Known User

Post by staggering prod »

you may be better off if you raise the shorter plants so all are near the same height in the tent. only then would i keep them together. good luck

mrming

Post by mrming »

Im also running 2 autos and 2 photos.
Lights 24 hours for 40 days, then switch to 12/12.

:puff puff: :puff puff:

Keeno
Respected Member

Post by Keeno »

I've often had autos in a tent on a veg light cycle and then changed lighting to 12/12 for Photoperiod plants in the same space. They will do fine. Some of the biggest autos I've seen grown have been on 12/12 lighting for the duration of their life cycle.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”