Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Torus Perfect PH

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Torus Perfect PH

Post by Josh »

WeedJunkie wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Viz wrote:And are you using it yet?

And no I am not talking about your cocks, I know both you lads don't use em anymore...
Lmaooo, still have to flush out my chiller. I'll have it set uo by tomorrow night I think

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Well dude been reading up on these things all night, does it do what it says on the tin? If so I’m gonna order one, if not think I’m gonna fork out a little bit more and get an automatic ph adjuster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let you guys know asap, I have everything hooked up and ready to go but waiting on my ph calibration fluid from blue lab. Want to make sure we get an accurate reading
Next 2-3 days max, I'll have some results posted

The Irishman
Known User

Post by The Irishman »

integrajosh wrote:
WeedJunkie wrote:
integrajosh wrote:Lmaooo, still have to flush out my chiller. I'll have it set uo by tomorrow night I think

Well dude been reading up on these things all night, does it do what it says on the tin? If so I’m gonna order one, if not think I’m gonna fork out a little bit more and get an automatic ph adjuster

I'll let you guys know asap, I have everything hooked up and ready to go but waiting on my ph calibration fluid from blue lab. Want to make sure we get an accurate reading

Sweet mate can’t wait to see if it works, can only find one video on you tube of a guy pulling it out of his reservoir and saying it revolutionary lol his ph is bang on at 6.0 and says it fluctuates up and down. Sounds perfect mate

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

WeedJunkie wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
WeedJunkie wrote: Well dude been reading up on these things all night, does it do what it says on the tin? If so I’m gonna order one, if not think I’m gonna fork out a little bit more and get an automatic ph adjuster

Sweet mate can’t wait to see if it works, can only find one video on you tube of a guy pulling it out of his reservoir and saying it revolutionary lol his ph is bang on at 6.0 and says it fluctuates up and down. Sounds perfect mate

Lmaoo, I found the same video as well. We'll know soon enough though!

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Alright everyone, let's see what happens fingers crossed on this one

Got my guardian calibrated and the system is hooked up and flowing, chiller is set to 18.3 celcius

Ph out of the tap is 8.2 and EC is .3 as you can see in the pictures. Nothing has been added yet, just straight tap water

I bought the small version, which is good for 35 gallons. I'm only running the test with 10 gallons though

Rinsed the torus well and just dropped it in, per instructions on their website. I'll keep you all posted as things change (hopefully)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

So 2 hours later and we're down to 7.3 ph, the only thing that worries me is that it hasn't moved in the past 30 minutes.

I moved it as close to the exit hose as I can, hoping this will help make sure all the water is passing through the torus

I'll post another update in the morning

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Hows it going Josh? I wasnt sure if your meant to PH on initial tank fill tbh, also etf is your PH so high for out the tap :o
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Nanook of the north wrote:Hows it going Josh? I wasnt sure if your meant to PH on initial tank fill tbh, also etf is your PH so high for out the tap :o
Well this where it's at now Tbh I'm not sure if you're supposed to ph at all with this thing, I think that defeats the purpose
I was also thinking that my tap water might not work since the initial ph is so high

If they had a crumb of information on their website it might be helpful ffs
The only thing I found was them saying it doesn't work well until there's an established root system, so maybe that's it...

I'm going to see if I can talk to someone on the phone today. I'll keep you guys posted

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Let us know, it does have a money back guarantee tbf :)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

These are prbly my two main issues. I really don't want to use r/o water though, I'm going to send it back if it can't work with tap

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hey guys, spoke with kevin from torus and he gave me the rundown on what he thinks is going on.
Basically, running tap water with a high ph, you need to adjust the ph down to your desired level when mixing nutes. He said the torus should maintain a healthy ph swing after that

Also, he said clones or seedlings need to be pretty well rooted for the torus to have the effect that we want

Apparently they also make an inline version for guys running multiple tubs, but he said the capsule I have is best for a single tub dwc. He also recommended keeping it as close to the roots as possible

The way I look at it, the only thing that makes this worth it is the fact that we can maybe go longer without doing rez changes, which obviously saves money on nutes and less labor. Because I was under the impression we wouldn't have to manually adjust it at all

My seedlings will be ready for the big tub in a few days, I'll keep everyone updated

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”