Welcome to Growroom420 growers forum. Growroom420 is a online cannabis growing community. Follow grow diaries, find solutions to cannabis deficiencies, learn how to grow cannabis and much more. If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Click here to register.

Maxbright T5 Review

Product reviews from real growers!
Bulls
Coco Grower

Maxbright T5 Review

Post by Bulls »

Good afternoon
GrowRoom420

Thought I'd make some room in the loft and install the Green-Qube 60x90x60 Tent.
I've ordered a Maxbright T5 Flourescent Intelligent lighting.
Arrived very well packed. Very impressively light weighted light. Took a look around and found the plug and the switch. Nothing else so I wonder why they called it intelligent? :idn: :lol:

As I've only observed people using such light and I'd love to hear if anyone used it and I will sort pros and cons on the light based on your comments :oik!:

Maxbright T5Maxbright T5 ReviewT5 Vegging light
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 5):
Nanook (Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm) • Marcus (Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm) • GMO (Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm) • Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:29 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:00 pm)
Chiesel Grow Diary
Glueberry OG by Dutch Passion

There is no passion to be found playing small and settling for a life that's less than the one you're capable of living

Marcus
Respected User

Re: Maxbright T5 Review

Post by Marcus »

I love mine for vegging BUlls.

:oik!:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Bulls (Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:59 pm)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

That's greqt Marcus. Any tips and hints when using the light? I know plants should be close to the light nearly touchihg it is it correct ?
Chiesel Grow Diary

There is no passion to be found playing small and settling for a life that's less than the one you're capable of living

Marcus
Respected User

Post by Marcus »

Bulls wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:59 pm
That's greqt Marcus. Any tips and hints when using the light? I know plants should be close to the light nearly touchihg it is it correct ?
You can get it on top of the plants if need be, but I like to keep it 3 or 4 inches away from them, further away for freshly cracked sprouts. The closer it is the shorter the plants are. I also keep it on 24 hours a day for my vegging.

I do need some form of extraction someddays when it's warm. Can get hot on hot days.

I've tried a mix of blue and red tubes in the thing, but the plants all bend towards the blue tubes anyway, so I juts stick with blue tubes now.

This is as big as I let them get under it before slinging them in the main tent...

Nice n healthy, drinking just water and sunbathing under the T5. :oik!:

Oh, i blow a fan between the plant and the tubes too, just takes that heat away from the young ones.

And the centre of the tubes is where the light is more intense, the seedlings will bend towards the centres too.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:30 am) • Bulls (Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:49 pm)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

That's some lovely feedback Marcus. Hopefully few other will contribute so we can put a nice review of these lights.
I've got a question to ask. Will the light work if I remove some of the tubes(Yes I am tight and I'd like to draw less power in seedling/rooting stage)
Chiesel Grow Diary

2-Scoops
Team TGC

Post by 2-Scoops »

I use same one for seedlings and cuttings Bulls, not a bad bit of kit for doing that jobby. :)
"But your still looking at me that same damn way............ Like i just shit in your scrambled eggs" > Negan, Walking Dead

Marcus
Respected User

Post by Marcus »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:49 pm
That's some lovely feedback Marcus. Hopefully few other will contribute so we can put a nice review of these lights.
I've got a question to ask. Will the light work if I remove some of the tubes(Yes I am tight and I'd like to draw less power in seedling/rooting stage)

Shouldn;t be an issue just running a couple of bulbs, I;d presume everything is in parallel anyway but be worth having a look inside.

I'd still run all 4 tubed for seedlings, the best part of the tubes is the centre of them, the seedlings really fly when in a row under there! :oik!:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Bulls (Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:56 am)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

I also like my T5 its only 96w Bulls to get decent growth i think your need the 4 tubes.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
Bulls (Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:58 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

@kbag Thank you for the output mate. I still haven't got round to test it but I hope to be ready very soon. Lots of positive feedback on these lights!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
kbag (Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:12 pm)
Chiesel Grow Diary

JJ

Post by JJ »

how about side lighting

JJ

Post by JJ »

I use old t12s grow tubes for starting,2in away

Return to “Product reviews”