Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Experimental grow with a friend. Mainlined and some funky looking clones.

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Robgibbs0125
Has thanked: 0

Re: Experimental grow with a friend. Mainlined and some funky looking clones.

Post by Robgibbs0125 »

Those look fantastic. I need to figure how to keep them all the same heights

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

grumpygrower wrote:Hey Benji,

From what you're saying, heres a few observations I've made.

1) the temprature swings are probably a little extreme. I'd think about getting a heater for the dark period. They will grow fine @28c but a 10-15c hysteresis could piss them off a bit.

6-7 days to drink up whats in the pot is a very long time even for evaporation to set in. Are they on a cold floor by any chance?

If they're not growing well, it's always a good idea to drop the feed to around half strengh to allow them to recover. If it's cold roots or root damage due to anerobic bacteria growth due to the pots staying damp too long, give them a spray with some nutrients. That will give them a quick shot of nutrients they can work with immediately and buy you a little time to get the environent sorted. Get the room dialed in and see if that helps, if not then we need to look at your feeding patterns and schedule. Just don't keep chasing your tail and keep in touch. There's enough brainpower here to get you back on track. Don't panic buddy.
Alright thanks mate,

I thought I had the environment set up right, they've been growing perfectly up until the past week and that's where problems have occured.

They are sat on the floor but I wouldnt say it's a cold floor, there in a spare room on carpet under 2x 250w hps. I will get some trays for them. Hearings on constantly in the house I think I just left a window open on a freezing night then just went to work and forgot about it.

Is it worth flushing them or are they not that severe to do so?

I didnt think you could foliar feed with certain nutes. I know you can but wasnt aware I could with grow and bloom.

I dunno wtf Is going on with them

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:05 am
grumpygrower wrote:Hey Benji,

From what you're saying, heres a few observations I've made.

1) the temprature swings are probably a little extreme. I'd think about getting a heater for the dark period. They will grow fine @28c but a 10-15c hysteresis could piss them off a bit.

6-7 days to drink up whats in the pot is a very long time even for evaporation to set in. Are they on a cold floor by any chance?

If they're not growing well, it's always a good idea to drop the feed to around half strengh to allow them to recover. If it's cold roots or root damage due to anerobic bacteria growth due to the pots staying damp too long, give them a spray with some nutrients. That will give them a quick shot of nutrients they can work with immediately and buy you a little time to get the environent sorted. Get the room dialed in and see if that helps, if not then we need to look at your feeding patterns and schedule. Just don't keep chasing your tail and keep in touch. There's enough brainpower here to get you back on track. Don't panic buddy.
Alright thanks mate,

I thought I had the environment set up right, they've been growing perfectly up until the past week and that's where problems have occured.

They are sat on the floor but I wouldnt say it's a cold floor, there in a spare room on carpet under 2x 250w hps. I will get some trays for them. Hearings on constantly in the house I think I just left a window open on a freezing night then just went to work and forgot about it.

Is it worth flushing them or are they not that severe to do so?

I didnt think you could foliar feed with certain nutes. I know you can but wasnt aware I could with grow and bloom.

I dunno wtf Is going on with them

If you're in the UK the outdoor temperature has changed quite a lot in the last month or so. Temperature swings of over 10C are discouraged and then ideal is ~5C

I only asked as 6-7 days for the water in the pots to dissipate is a very long time considering your low humidity and high lights on temperature.

The yellowing of some of the larger leaves signifies that the plant is having troubles taking up food but the amount you're feeding wouldn't cause such a dramatic change in suchna short time. This is why I'm convinced it's environmental.

Try and reduce the temp gap between night and day, let the pots dry out but not so they're dry as a bone. And keep soldering on. I'll go back through this thread and familiarise myself with your nutrients etc. Most base nutrients should be fine to foliar feed with a light strength mix. If not, pop to your hydro shop and pick up a 100ml bottle of formulex.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

What nutrients are you using BTW? And if you look back through your diary, your first post states temps were between 21-27C and now they're 15-28C. That's a big difference! I'm leaning even more towards environmental now. Do me a favor and list everything you're adding and amounts so we can rule out nutrient troubles.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

grumpygrower wrote:What nutrients are you using BTW? And if you look back through your diary, your first post states temps were between 21-27C and now they're 15-28C. That's a big difference! I'm leaning even more towards environmental now. Do me a favor and list everything you're adding and amounts so we can rule out nutrient troubles.
Yeh it was alot warmer then lol... I think it only hit about 15c because I left the window open by accident while lights were off. They turn off at 5am and it was a cold morning. This morning it was around 19.4c.

There all in biobizz lightmix.
There on 3ml biobizz grow/3ml biobizz bloom/1ml canna PK13/14 boost.

Appreciate you digging in for me!

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 pm
grumpygrower wrote:What nutrients are you using BTW? And if you look back through your diary, your first post states temps were between 21-27C and now they're 15-28C. That's a big difference! I'm leaning even more towards environmental now. Do me a favor and list everything you're adding and amounts so we can rule out nutrient troubles.
Yeh it was alot warmer then lol... I think it only hit about 15c because I left the window open by accident while lights were off. They turn off at 5am and it was a cold morning. This morning it was around 19.4c.

No problem bud. So yea don't spray them with biobizz, go grab a bottle of formulex and if you're feeling flush a bottle of alg-a-mic. The alg-a-mic is a vitality booster so will give em a bit of a kick up the arse. Keep the windows closed for now :) That will sort out your low night temp issue out and stop the PK for now. If they're not feeding well they won't appreciate the boost. That could be what's causing the tip burn. As soon as they start feeding again, you can add the PK again.

That's my suggestions anyway, hope you get things sorted.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:

No problem bud. So yea don't spray them with biobizz, go grab a bottle of formulex and if you're feeling flush a bottle of alg-a-mic. The alg-a-mic is a vitality booster so will give em a bit of a kick up the arse. Keep the windows closed for now :) That will sort out your low night temp issue out and stop the PK for now. If they're not feeding well they won't appreciate the boost. That could be what's causing the tip burn. As soon as they start feeding again, you can add the PK again.

Thankyou mate I will do. I have bioBizz alg-a-mic aswell just didnt use it smh. Foliar feed with that? I'll head to the hydro store this afternoon aswell. Stick with the grow and bloom though?

Hopefully they'll bounce back eventually then. It's annoying because out of 9 plants it's only these 3/4 that's showing sadness.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:32 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:

Thankyou mate I will do. I have bioBizz alg-a-mic aswell just didnt use it smh. Foliar feed with that? I'll head to the hydro store this afternoon aswell. Stick with the grow and bloom though?

Hopefully they'll bounce back eventually then. It's annoying because out of 9 plants it's only these 3/4 that's showing sadness.

Alg-a-mic in short is a vitality booster. It helps to buffer out small feeding issues and all sorts as well as giving the plants a boost and even boosts the plants natural defenses so helps even with pests etc. Well worth using :) you could half the nutrients and see how they react. If you were using a chelated salt based nutrient, it would be more important. BioBizz works in a different way to say Canna Terra. Canna terra is chelated so the plant can gobble it up. BioBizz is fermented sugar beat and relies on biological processes to become available to the plant. As long as you've not gone silly, you'll be OK.

Interesting that some plants are not showing signs of stress? Are they close to an inlet fan/vents?

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:
grumpygrower wrote: No problem bud. So yea don't spray them with biobizz, go grab a bottle of formulex and if you're feeling flush a bottle of alg-a-mic. The alg-a-mic is a vitality booster so will give em a bit of a kick up the arse. Keep the windows closed for now :) That will sort out your low night temp issue out and stop the PK for now. If they're not feeding well they won't appreciate the boost. That could be what's causing the tip burn. As soon as they start feeding again, you can add the PK again.

Alg-a-mic in short is a vitality booster. It helps to buffer out small feeding issues and all sorts as well as giving the plants a boost and even boosts the plants natural defenses so helps even with pests etc. Well worth using :) you could half the nutrients and see how they react. If you were using a chelated salt based nutrient, it would be more important. BioBizz works in a different way to say Canna Terra. Canna terra is chelated so the plant can gobble it up. BioBizz is fermented sugar beat and relies on biological processes to become available to the plant. As long as you've not gone silly, you'll be OK.

Interesting that some plants are not showing signs of stress? Are they close to an inlet fan/vents?
One plant was kind of in front of my inlet fan the other day purely because I'm out of space lol but I've rectified that problem and now have no plants in front of the inline fan. All vents are closed up. I'm going to spray then with some algamic tonight see how they get on. Going to be a pain in the ass trying not to spray the budsites lol.

Yeh I have 1 or 2 from seed that are showing no signs of stress and 4 clones in airpots that are doing perfect.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:38 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:

One plant was kind of in front of my inlet fan the other day purely because I'm out of space lol but I've rectified that problem and now have no plants in front of the inline fan. All vents are closed up. I'm going to spray then with some algamic tonight see how they get on. Going to be a pain in the ass trying not to spray the budsites lol.

Yeh I have 1 or 2 from seed that are showing no signs of stress and 4 clones in airpots that are doing perfect.

You can spray the buds no problem they're still early. Spraying later in flower is discouraged due to it encourages mould to grow. Spray freely and liberally. Preferably 1 hour before the lights turn on or if you're 24/0 turn them off while you spray. This will give the plant time to uptake the goodies before evaporation and ensure overspray don't end up breaking your bulb lol.

Most important thing is to let the pots dry out before watering and make sure your temp inbalance is in check. Good luck!

Return to “Cannabis Growing”