How to choose a butane canister for BHO

Smokey

Re: How to choose a butane canister for BHO

Post by Smokey »

I have recently discovered a way of collecting and removing the oily deposits that get left over from the gasses, the oily substance can be removed from the product before purge and in fact without a closed loop system also.

Ok so the technique used maybe slightly different to anything you guys use and I will cover it completely in a separate thread.

Once all the butane has been blasted through the cannon and is being contained this is the point you want to remove the residues (see below )

This is was sat for a couple of minutes unroll the gasses all settle down and become almost still (no heat or water to be added prior) you will at this point see the residues start to build

Simply take a sterile and clean small teaspoon and start to gently stir the gasses, stir for about 20 seconds gently and you will notice the residues will start binding together at the bottom in a clump with a few minuscule dots just under the surface once you notice these have formed you simply spoon them out starting with the main lump at the bottom, I say lump but we’re talking no bigger than a grain of rice. Remove any tiny traces that make the surface and stir again (repeat process maybe once more) then you will see the residues have in fact all been removed! Now you can start adding a touch of heat and start the boil of process by slowly adding luke warm tap water to your res (see below)

And there you have it a little resolution

Give it a try

ATB

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Not sure about removing the "mystery oil" because I don't have the money for a closed loop either.
But from what I have found, winterization is necessary if you're looking for a very stable at room temp product

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

You don’t need a closed loop system Josh as you remove it before it even enters the chamber, I believe you have the vac oven already that’s enough dude I’ll throw up a thread of the process

Winterisation is essential as you say when making shatter/glass but that’s just to remove all the fats/lipids before hand I did a honey comb run last week without winterisation at all

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Smokey wrote:You don’t need a closed loop system Josh as you remove it before it even enters the chamber, I believe you have the vac oven already that’s enough dude I’ll throw up a thread of the process

Winterisation is essential as you say when making shatter/glass but that’s just to remove all the fats/lipids before hand I did a honey comb run last week without winterisation at all
Dude I just did a live resin run, fresh frozen buds. Vac purged for 3 days NO heat, the most terpene rich and tasty that I've made so far. It came out to pull and snap consistency without winterizing

Try the live resin bro game changer
And you don't have to wait for dry/cure process

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

How did the live resin run come out Josh any pics bro ?? I’m excited to see them sticky icky

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Smokey wrote:How did the live resin run come out Josh any pics bro ?? I’m excited to see them sticky icky
Nah sry bro, I didn't take any pics because it was such a small amount
It's long been smoked

Honestly after seeing how good it smelled and tasted I'm going to stick with this method for a while

New batch getting blasted on saturday though! winterizing with 99% iso afterwards and vac purging for a few days

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I’m drooling already dude, get a thread up of the process dude

I’ll be with you in spirit

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Smokey wrote:I’m drooling already dude, get a thread up of the process dude

I’ll be with you in spirit