Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Seedling leaf issue help

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Seedling leaf issue help

Post by seymore_budz »

GMO wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Organiccanna wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am

Hi grumpygrower,

No nutes yet, just biobizz light mix and a little water when dry.
I do not have a ph pen at the moment, do you have any recommendations on ph pens? Blue lab seems the most popular.
I use a grow led from ikea for the seedlings.

Thanks
There's your issue buddy they're hungry. I thought they looked a bit yellow in the first pic. I had a similar issue with lightmix. I'd repot them and start to feed them ASAP.

You shouldn't need to PH when using Biobizz so don't worry about it. I asked to check that the small deficiency you seem to have was related to PH. They look fine TBF just a little hungry. Rule of thumb is in lightmix, start to feed when the first set of real leaves are present.

It may also be a good idea to give these a little foliar feed. They will recover a little quicker than feeding from the roots.

Hope this helps!
Interesting you say repot and start feeding. Just my impression was that potting up was like adding a little more time before the need for feeding. You've peaked my interest again, could your elaborate a little for me?

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
Thanks for the question GMO, it all depends on the type of media being used. Organiccanna is using lightmix. Lightmix carries only a very small amount of food (about a week) and is designed for loading with bottled nutrients. When using BioBizz it's very hard to overfeed being an organic fertilizer and the goodies within the soil may not be immediately available to the plant but the bottled nutrients will be. This is why I also advised a foliar feed. If the plants were happy, I'd advise to plant and water them in, then feed on the next watering session. The only reason why I know is my first lot done exactly the same in LightMix and taking the action above brought them around within a couple of days. If he was using All mix then he wouldn't feed for the first 10 - 14 days and BaxMix 4 - 6 weeks.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Seedling leaf issue help

Post by 2-Scoops »

Looks like it could be caused by slight shock to me, more than likely by cooler temps and not always above ground, keep the roots warm and don`t feed proper cold water at least room temp .
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”