Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Thrips eating my plants.

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Thrips eating my plants.

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420

The EC5 arrived yesterday, you think I could find my spray bottle....so 16 mile round trip up b and q for one this morning ๐Ÿ™ˆ, I got 2 as I'll loose or break one within 6 minutes.

I added 4ml per litre as recommended on the label and went to work. Strangely the critical were far more effected by the thrips. I found only a couple leaves on the AO affected. This could be down to the AO being from cut so much more woody stems, or many the little shits don't like orange as much as me ๐Ÿ˜‚.

As the critical are smaller I sprayed 500ml per plant, the AO got 1 litre per plant. Making sure I covered top and bottom of leaves, stems, all plant matter. I then sprayed both grooms with a full 3 litres each, every corner, under spill trays, pots. I raised the lights before hand and set both to 250w.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The Aspie Toker wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:36 pm
Two parts Agent Orange. One part DDT. Works every time.
I'm not sure I know what that is Aspie, you have a link please?

Candyman wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:38 pm
You get a predator called Orius leavigatus they work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that mate, I'll look them up.
Hoffman wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am
ohlordyeah_420 wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 pm
I heard if you drop a fan on your plants it'll kill all pests.
no he found a better way and thats to drop his entire light on his plants :laugh: :laugh: :barmy: :barmy: :barmy:
I still cant believe I did that, boom walk in, brand new light sitting in the middle of my poor exo ๐Ÿ˜‚

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Keeno wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:52 pm
I'm not sure I know what that is Aspie, you have a link please?
Just ask in any Vietnamese market. :D
DDT you won't be able to get.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

A little update,

I cut parts of the worst effected leaves off to give them a real good look through my loupe and not a single creepy crawly in sight. This EC5 gear seems to be spot on.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Well my happiness was shorted lived...

I noticed some more damage today. It's hard as the EC5 will mess a plant up so its difficult to see where the damage is coming from. I took a leaf off both critical and Agent orange and looked through a loupe....there were a few adults on there. No babies in sight so it looks like the first treatment is breaking the life cycle.

I popped to see GMO and he sent me home with some neem oil to go wiht my EC5. I proceed to foliar treat the plants with ec5 and then lost my shit and literally mopped the tent walls and floors with the neem oil. I then really lost my shit and mopped the garage floor with neem oil . So as it stands there isnt a surface out there that hasn't seen some form of pesticide .

The Agent orange seems to be handling the treatment much better. This could be that they are older or the fact they are clones so the stems are much harder. Unfortunately the critical has been stunted and mutated. I'm on a timeline as I need my whole out building clear of grow gear and plants later in the year, unfortunately I think this is the end for the critical.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

These just turned up. They got a real strong vapour smell the minute you open the bags. I've put both in the ao tent and turned everything off so it's a sealed room. I'll leave it for 6 hours then fire it up.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Armed and dangerous

Good luck bro, let us know the feedback, I been battling these feckers long enough now !
๐Ÿ Who Jah Bless No Man Curse ๐Ÿ

Candyman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candyman »

Keeno wrote:

These just turned up. They got a real strong vapour smell the minute you open the bags. I've put both in the ao tent and turned everything off so it's a sealed room. I'll leave it for 6 hours then fire it up.
Is it a slow release gas type that kills them or just sticky traps with a scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to โ€œCannabis issues and help sectionโ€