Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Damn. Not again

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Damn. Not again

Post by GMO »

Just a light bulb moment... how heavy on did the silicon get fed at? I know its bio but its messed with my soil in a similar way, way back when

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:04 am
Grew in soil for years. Never ph'd never had issues. Fed at full strength it's a bit hot but honestly 2 bottles for an entire grow unless u add ok you can't go wrong.
I've not pH'd anything, although I have some citric acid if I ever need to.
Two bottles for an entire grow seems a lot to pay out for. OT can last a number of grows.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

GMO wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:09 am
Just a light bulb moment... how heavy on did the silicon get fed at? I know its bio but its messed with my soil in a similar way, way back when

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
Never more than 1ml per litre, mate. It would have been less than that for early feeds.

I've flushed her and fed it OT grow, Rhizotonic and Bio. I have a tea brewing, but that won't be ready for 2 days or so.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

The plant looks hungry to me Aspie. I am with Nan on keeping it simple no need for so many different nutes and additives. Pick a base nute and stick with it really does not matter what one.I would use Ecothrive charge for the bennies then use the old timers or biocanna if i was going organic. If you pot up in stages in veg your prob not even need a grow nutrient or very little of it.If i remember correctly once opened the oragnic feeds only last 6 months so buying grow nutes like oldtimers might be a waste of money. Stepping back and going back to basics can be a good idea sometimes.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

you dont need to use 2 bottle a grow, I meant its 2 items needed per grow. the bottles last ages and are bloody cheap
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

kb is correct. youve done the same thing twice now, and got the same results. get a base as he said, keep it simple - ive never used what kb uses but I trust his judgement as well. I only use ionic as its so cheap for the amount you need and get and it ALWAYS gives good results. AFTER you get it sussed start adding all that extra crap if you like 1 thing at a time until you can identify the problem.
Also.... I personally think autos before you master photos are a lot harder to gauge esp in soil. Odly I called GMO today and he made a valid point, as I said to him soil is a good easy medium with a huge buffer.... but as he said - when it goes wrong its a bitch to fix.
Maybe switch to photoperiods for a try?

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I am with kbag and Nannook on that. Too many nutrients - you don't know what's causing the trouble. Keeping it simple is the way forward for me. In good soil you should only need snall amounts of Old timers grow and maybe some calmag and the rest you can finish with old timers bloom or something similar two part grow and bloom nutrients.
I'd fully agree with kbag on mixing some Charge in the soil it really does help. Couple of foliar feeds with calmag and one in flower should keep you trouble free as well using the Led.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

For Now Aspie i have to echo the calls at this stage for me i'd condsier stripping back all those in this game less is more i'd be inclined to just carry on with 2ml perl root stim and 3ml per litre OT Grow all you need right there at this stage and you may see a rapid turn around and get these back on track

Keep it simple, less is more Asp,

Still think you shouls have been mentored on this run Asp no harm in it plus it cuts out all the confusion from so many points of you last diary got a bit out of hand bless you you would never have known whether your coming or going mate, its not to late fella
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

tbh I would just move to hydro/coco. So much easier and faster to sort issues.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Nanook of the north wrote:tbh I would just move to hydro/coco. So much easier and faster to sort issues.
Cocos very hands on though nook although I totally agree I’m just not sure Aspie has it in him atm to get the feeds etc done on a daily basis, I’m fighting fit yet I still struggle some days myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”