Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Carbon filters

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Carbon filters

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm
would you need the fan inside due to space?
How will it blow the air out otherwise?

At present, I have the fan (inside a box) on top of the wardrobe. The filter is inside the tent. The fan sucks the air from the tent.

If the filter is outside the tent, then the fan will have to be inside the tent, yes? Otherwise how can the air get to the filter?

I can't have acoustic ducting dangling into the tent, then the fan and filter outside the tent. Too much of a risk with the fibreglass contaminating the weed if any falls.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

I am going to try the vertical way, but will look precarious with just a narrow width for the ropes to hold it in place.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The fan doest need to be in the tent. If you are going to blow through the filter the fan could also be outside the tent. You would just need the ducting in the tent itself.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Keeno wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:24 pm
The fan doest need to be in the tent. If you are going to blow through the filter the fan could also be outside the tent. You would just need the ducting in the tent itself.
But the end of the ducting will not be covered by anything, therefore allowing fibreglass to fall onto plants.
It will also mean far more work than I have now. I'll go for the vertical option. I think that's my best bet.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

You could have both outside the tent, make a homemade inline filter out of a storage tote. Look in the growing hacks thread

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Viz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 pm
Aspie have the fan in the tent, nothing else. Connect the fan out to the carbon filter either directly or with a bit of ducting. No fibres in the tent.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Hi mate,

The problem with that is the fan will make a huge amount of noise. At present, it's in a box that filled with padding to keep the noise down. That box is then sat on at least 7" of foam, sitting on top of a wardrobe. If the fan was inside the tent, there wouldn't be enough room for a box to cover it too. Without some sort of covering, the fan would be too loud. I have to sleep in here as well, let alone the fan will be near the neighbour's wall.

I've decided to go the vertical route. I've already shortened the ducting so there won't be too much sag. It should work, even if a little precarious.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

integrajosh wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm
You could have both outside the tent, make a homemade inline filter out of a storage tote. Look in the growing hacks thread

I don't have the tools, skills, or the time to do that, mate. I have enough to do as it is, and need to get growing again.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

It takes a razor knife, duct tape and 10 minutes to make
The Aspie Toker wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't have the tools, skills, or the time to do that, mate. I have enough to do as it is, and need to get growing again.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Let me try this way first, mate. It's the one with the least amount of work.

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

Aspie My fan is boxed ontop of the tent and filter is outside as well. Ducting hangs just above my shade. I folded and taped the end of the ducting so no fibreglass shows, but end of the day the fibreglass should get sucked out not fall on ya plants.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”