Grove bags

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Grumpy Toad
Known User

Re: Grove bags

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I realized that I didn't show a picture of the Grove bag so here it is. This one is for 1 ounce and I have some that will hold a 1/4 pound. And also my storage jar.

Link to Grove website: https://grovebags.com/
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post (total 2):
biosynthetic (Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:28 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:36 pm)
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

It's a tie!

Well, I didn't anticipate this result but I am encouraged by it. I had two that preferred the jar cure, two that liked the Grove bag cure and one that didn't see much difference.

One thing that was interesting the ones that preferred the jar cure smoked the bud in a pipe. The ones that preferred the jar cured also said that there was more aroma. They felt the bag cured lost a little of the sour/funky notes. The ones that liked the Grove bag rolled it in joints. They stated that it was smoother and one felt the high was better?

My perception is that the jarred bud is slightly more moist / sticky. I think this may have to do with the 62% Boveda pack in the jars. Both bud samples have a nice spongy texture and neither is crumbly at all. I can see where the bag cured might grind a little nicer for rolling.

Bottom line: I think these bags work well. One heck of a lot less work and worry. Actually just check dryness level and bag when correct and forget about it. I plan on trying this again on this run but do a ¼ pound bag and see what comes of it.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post (total 2):
Pork Chop Express (Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:24 pm) • biosynthetic (Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:33 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Grumpy Toad wrote:Image

It's a tie!

Well, I didn't anticipate this result but I am encouraged by it. I had two that preferred the jar cure, two that liked the Grove bag cure and one that didn't see much difference.

One thing that was interesting the ones that preferred the jar cure smoked the bud in a pipe. The ones that preferred the jar cured also said that there was more aroma. They felt the bag cured lost a little of the sour/funky notes. The ones that liked the Grove bag rolled it in joints. They stated that it was smoother and one felt the high was better?

My perception is that the jarred bud is slightly more moist / sticky. I think this may have to do with the 62% Boveda pack in the jars. Both bud samples have a nice spongy texture and neither is crumbly at all. I can see where the bag cured might grind a little nicer for rolling.

Bottom line: I think these bags work well. One heck of a lot less work and worry. Actually just check dryness level and bag when correct and forget about it. I plan on trying this again on this run but do a ¼ pound bag and see what comes of it.
This was a good read.

I will probably buy some of these when my batch is ready to save faffing around.where did you purchase them? Amazon or somewhere else?

Thanks for posting. Informative post indeed

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I purchased from their website: https://grovebags.com/
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:39 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Grumpy Toad wrote:I purchased from their website: https://grovebags.com/
Brilliant. I'll definitely order some when it's time. Sounds alot easier / less worry and comes out just as good

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

biosynthetic
Known User

Post by biosynthetic »

Cheers :cheers: Good review mate

Return to “Product reviews”