Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Looking for advice

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Pork Chop Express

Re: Looking for advice

Post by Pork Chop Express »

2-Scoops wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:45 pm
Hmr81 wrote:Auto tend to be 18 hours light on all the way through.

Fem seeds you veg at 18/6 and then flip to 12/12 when you want to flip it into flower.
That's brilliant. So as far as light cycles go they're very low maintenance then... They're gonna just do their thing without too much fussing around?

Great to know. Thankyou so much for the reply

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Running autos with 24 hour lighting should give your more bud back come chop than running them on 18hours, so i read. 8-)
So I could just leave the light turned on and it will still flower etc all fine as it should do? Won't just stay in veg like last year's attempt?

I just don't want to end up with no buds again like last year.

Also, it says 60days from what I've seen online... Is that correct? From germ to harvest? That seems very quick. But if that's right that's brilliant.

Thankyou for the advice

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

yea i've read the same about autos and 24/7 but im too tight so save the elec lol.

never trust the breeder timings... maybe it will be 60 days(but i highly doubt it) . i dont tend to run autos but have before, but the fems i run tend to run to 10 weeks in flower no matter what the breeder says regarding timings.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:12 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Don't buy ya seeds get em in the points store.......Hellooooooooooooooooooo by the way

Pork Chop Express

Rawreefer wrote:Don't buy ya seeds get em in the points store.......Hellooooooooooooooooooo by the way
I need to look at that for next time. I've purchased them now.

I got them from a good place though and I have one already popping up out of the soil. I did read aswell that autos are extremely cold resistant and don't need alot of light so can be left outdoors so long as it is above freezing? So I may try that just as an experiment lol.

Thanks for the reply by the way. This is such a nice forum to be in. Everyone is very supportive it's great to be here.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I personally think that even autos need a rest period in 24hrs I don’t think you can go wrong with 20 on/4 off.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
Hmr81 (Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:47 pm) • Pork Chop Express (Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:20 pm)

Pork Chop Express

IMO wrote:I personally think that even autos need a rest period in 24hrs I don’t think you can go wrong with 20 on/4 off.
Perfect, I'll do that then. Saves some electric atleast...

I was just more worried about it not flowering like normal plants of they don't get the right light cycle. It sounds they're not too fussy though so that's my concerns dealt with for now.

Appreciate the reply mate. I'll definitely give them afew hours off each day. Once the weather perks up I'll just use the sun anyway for the next one.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:23 pm
IMO wrote:I personally think that even autos need a rest period in 24hrs I don’t think you can go wrong with 20 on/4 off.

I was just more worried about it not flowering like normal plants of they don't get the right light cycle. It sounds they're not too fussy though so that's my concerns dealt with for now.

Appreciate the reply mate. I'll definitely give them afew hours off each day. Once the weather perks up I'll just use the sun anyway for the next one.

Ive not had an auto flower not flower on 20/4 so you should be alright if you had one that didn’t flower I wonder was it a fem seed that would need 12/12 to flower

Pork Chop Express

IMO wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:

Ive not had an auto flower not flower on 20/4 so you should be alright if you had one that didn’t flower I wonder was it a fem seed that would need 12/12 to flower
Yes, I brought a fem seed last year and I dunno what I did wrong but it didn't flower anyway then it wilted and died.

So i went with Auto's this year in the hope that I can't mess that up. I'm just looking for something I can put on the patio and harvest when ready, hopefully autos will be ok in that situation .

Through the summer it's light from 4/5am -11pm. I don't have a tent or any equipment (other than a light I brought last year) so I wanted to just use the sun through the summer.

These users thanked the author Pork Chop Express for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:19 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:20 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:36 pm
IMO wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:

Yes, I brought a fem seed last year and I dunno what I did wrong but it didn't flower anyway then it wilted and died.

So i went with Auto's this year in the hope that I can't mess that up. I'm just looking for something I can put on the patio and harvest when ready, hopefully autos will be ok in that situation .

Through the summer it's light from 4/5am -11pm. I don't have a tent or any equipment (other than a light I brought last year) so I wanted to just use the sun through the summer.

You will be fine with autos outside, fems I never managed to get to flower and finish outside before they went moldy, I don’t think they start flowering until about September here in the UK which doesn’t give it much time before things start going downhill weather wise.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:04 pm)

Pork Chop Express

IMO wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:36 pm
IMO wrote: Ive not had an auto flower not flower on 20/4 so you should be alright if you had one that didn’t flower I wonder was it a fem seed that would need 12/12 to flower

You will be fine with autos outside, fems I never managed to get to flower and finish outside before they went moldy, I don’t think they start flowering until about September here in the UK which doesn’t give it much time before things start going downhill weather wise.
Exactly what happened to mine last year. Got cold and miserable as soon as September came and it just wilted.

I tried to save it under a lamp indoors but it was gone .

Thanks again for the advice

These users thanked the author Pork Chop Express for the post:
IMO (Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:54 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”