Loft electrics

A place to discuss growing security
Growpotzpat

Loft electrics

Post by Growpotzpat »

Hello my fellow growmies I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I’m about to start growing in my loft as my man cave has been demolished to make way for a extension. My question is what’s the best way to get electrics up there, I’ve been told to take a spur from somewhere upstairs, I’ve got a combi boiler in a cupboard would it be ok to take a spur from that and run it up through the ceiling?
These users thanked the author Growpotzpat for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:07 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Loft electrics

Post by Marcus »

Growpotzpat wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:17 pm
Hello my fellow growmies I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I’m about to start growing in my loft as my man cave has been demolished to make way for a extension. My question is what’s the best way to get electrics up there, I’ve been told to take a spur from somewhere upstairs, I’ve got a combi boiler in a cupboard would it be ok to take a spur from that and run it up through the ceiling?
Lots of variables, I;d suggest getting a sparky in before you even crack a seed.

Tell them you want to build a model railway, they'll be in and out quicker than me on a Sunday morning. :ummmm:

You can always let us know how much power you'll need up there and we can work stuff out.

Are you competent with a bit of electrickery and DIY?
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 pm) • Growpotzpat (Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:13 pm)

Growpotzpat

Post by Growpotzpat »

Thanks for the quick reply buddy, at the most it would be 1.5kw, I’m ok with electrics and wire plugs etc. I’ve rang a sparky out and he quoted me £275
These users thanked the author Growpotzpat for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:46 pm) • Marcus (Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:33 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

If you jump off that combi circuit, you'll probably have to up the breaker in the fuseboard. Unless it;s wired into the ring...

And a 13A spur off the upstairs ring is best and cheapest.

BUT, I don;t know the state of your installation, so I couldn't possibly comment and would recommend a sparky. For £275, you'll have piece of mind AND a piece of paper with his name and address on it if it goes wrong at all.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:23 pm) • wutang (Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:28 pm)

Return to “Growing Security”