Grove Bags Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Tictok
Known User

Re: Grove Bags Review

Post by Tictok »

Nice review @Keeno , do you think it may be a different process so it won't be until later that the cure reaches a level you recognise?

I loved them to start with, get to 62-65RH in a jar then sling them in and forget. Not so happy about the metallic smell, I need to check mine. My next chop will go into jars then to compare. I think you may be on to something.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Keeno (Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:18 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Ash wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Thanks for the review keeno. I have some grove bags and also glass jars on the ready. I know you dont have to use the moisture meters so imma just cure at 65%rh and see if it keeps to 62% in the bags. What was the rh% in the bags and was it stable? People online saying if its dried properly it works. Tbf ive asked many on many diff platforms and youre the only one with negative feedback so i think i might still at least use what i have eventually. When i upgrade to a bigger space i think the may be an option if im happy with them. I will ask about the metalic smell because thats not acceptable. Did you also leave 25% of the bag empty while curing? Again cheers for the review i was waiting with bated breath lol.
It was definitely stable, I sealed meters in some of the smaller bags and in some of the jars to make sure the humidity is good and stable.

It's not negative feedback, they work and are working, but nowhere near as well as 2 other methods I'm using, I opened another grove bag the weekend as I do each week, the curing process is way behind and the weed continues to smell and taste different. I even waited until I had someone else here that tries my green, they were there when the bags/jars were opened, all in different rooms, the smell is far behind in the grove bags.

Again they do work, they are curing weed to an ok standard. But it's not anywhere near close to the methods we have all used for many years and works fine. That's my gripe. No, you don't have to use a humidity meter as you say, but they recommend you do, in 15 years I've never heard of that. I think these are more suited to commercial operations in legal states like 420mFuk said.

They work, they work ok. Just not as good as the good old cure growers have been using for 10's of years. It's a bandage for a cut that doesn't exist and it's literally making my weed not as good as the other 2 methods. But again, they do work to an ok standard.

And them grip seals, why not use the same as the many other bags already out there, ones that are 100% smell proof.

I don't ever do negative reviews and I honestly don't see this as one. The product will work if you need a solution to save you 2 minutes a day for a few weeks.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Tictok wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm
Nice review @Keeno , do you think it may be a different process so it won't be until later that the cure reaches a level you recognise?

I loved them to start with, get to 62-65RH in a jar then sling them in and forget. Not so happy about the metallic smell, I need to check mine. My next chop will go into jars then to compare. I think you may be on to something.
Yes mate, I think this may well be the case. There's a fair bit in the bags, ill be opening 1 bag a week to the 10-week mark.

The smell is almost like an iron/blood undertone. It's not destroying the green by any means, but I've grown this strain a good few times, this smell is never present and it is not present on the other buds curing in the other methods. My issue is that it's changed the weed, but if I was only using these bags Id never know the difference. That's the reason for the review. Not to slate the bags, they do work, it's more a warning that these bags are not going to be the same as the curing methods we all know and have used for years. That may be a good thing for some. I recommend everyone to test, not blindly use, this goes with any product that may affect your end product.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Tictok (Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:18 pm
Ash wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Thanks for the review keeno. I have some grove bags and also glass jars on the ready. I know you dont have to use the moisture meters so imma just cure at 65%rh and see if it keeps to 62% in the bags. What was the rh% in the bags and was it stable? People online saying if its dried properly it works. Tbf ive asked many on many diff platforms and youre the only one with negative feedback so i think i might still at least use what i have eventually. When i upgrade to a bigger space i think the may be an option if im happy with them. I will ask about the metalic smell because thats not acceptable. Did you also leave 25% of the bag empty while curing? Again cheers for the review i was waiting with bated breath lol.
It was definitely stable, I sealed meters in some of the smaller bags and in some of the jars to make sure the humidity is good and stable.

It's not negative feedback, they work and are working, but nowhere near as well as 2 other methods I'm using, I opened another grove bag the weekend as I do each week, the curing process is way behind and the weed continues to smell and taste different. I even waited until I had someone else here that tries my green, they were there when the bags/jars were opened, all in different rooms, the smell is far behind in the grove bags.

Again they do work, they are curing weed to an ok standard. But it's not anywhere near close to the methods we have all used for many years and works fine. That's my gripe. No, you don't have to use a humidity meter as you say, but they recommend you do, in 15 years I've never heard of that. I think these are more suited to commercial operations in legal states like 420mFuk said.

They work, they work ok. Just not as good as the good old cure growers have been using for 10's of years. It's a bandage for a cut that doesn't exist and it's literally making my weed not as good as the other 2 methods. But again, they do work to an ok standard.

And them grip seals, why not use the same as the many other bags already out there, ones that are 100% smell proof.

I don't ever do negative reviews and I honestly don't see this as one. The product will work if you need a solution to save you 2 minutes a day for a few weeks.
I didn't answer the 25% question. Yes, that's the way I was taught to fill any curing jar/bag many moons ago.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:23 pm
Tictok wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm

Yes mate, I think this may well be the case. There's a fair bit in the bags, ill be opening 1 bag a week to the 10-week mark.

The smell is almost like an iron/blood undertone. It's not destroying the green by any means, but I've grown this strain a good few times, this smell is never present and it is not present on the other buds curing in the other methods. My issue is that it's changed the weed, but if I was only using these bags Id never know the difference. That's the reason for the review. Not to slate the bags, they do work, it's more a warning that these bags are not going to be the same as the curing methods we all know and have used for years. That may be a good thing for some. I recommend everyone to test, not blindly use, this goes with any product that may affect your end product.
That's definitely an odd effect and I totally agree mate about testing, there's some real bunk dressed up as the latest thing out there.

I've grown my old school NL5 cut for about two years now, it's got incredible grapefruit terps. Cured in the Grove bags for six weeks compared to a jar I noticed no major difference, if anything the bagged ones smelt slightly more grapefruit.

There are so many variables though to be fair and tests on effect to be done. I've bagged up some Guerilla Fume and stuck some in a jar, going for eight week cure and more of a longer term effect test.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Keeno (Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:59 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Very interesting I’ve seen those bags and wondered if they where good. Thank ya sir 😊
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

I have used them once and liked them grabbed a few more from the group to use for my summer grow defentily like to try to get some humidity digitalis to see what the actual humidity think that could be a flaw as to when I am curing in the past but hasn't been horriable going to try and reuse a old one is if you do plan to reuse I wouldnt heat seal for that reason or to just chek up on them but so far so good and not having ro worry about constantly opening jars is a good thing but like I said going try them again anything that helps save time and produce better product is a win win for me

Return to “Product reviews”