Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

KrazyDave takes one for science

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
KD
Known User

KrazyDave takes one for science

Post by KD »

So as I've been struggling recently to get a good night sleep, tonight I have smoked far more CBD bud than I normally do. About halfway down my 4th spliff of the night I started feeling that head buzz you get from THC, which quickly went away, which gave me the idea to try some THC bud and see if a) all this CBD stops me from having an anxiety attack and b) if chewing peppercorns will help if it doesn't due to the terpines effect on a high.

So here's what happened....

I grab my misses spliff (Blure Dream btw) take a drag and give it a sec. Tastes beautiful.

Then I took a second drag... cue the head buzz.

Then I took a third drag... shit hits the fan...

My heart started racing, which told my brain I'm having a panic attack, which told my body I can't breath, along with feeling slightly high is horrible. So no... the CBD already in my system didn't help.

So I pop a few peppercorns in and start chewing, while convincing myself I'm fine, when I really don't feel like I am. They taste rank on their own btw. Anyway after a few minutes I do feel slightly better but not much.

It took me to consciously control my breathing, while clearing my mind and finishing the last of my CBD spliff to stop my heart racing and feel calm again. I think the CBD after helped massively.

So I've sat and thought about it hard...

I don't think its weed exactly that causes the anxiety attack, but my minds reaction to my heart starting to race that does it. So if I'm right, the only way to get around this issue is to face it and keep trying normal weed until my mind thinks "oh this again... meh" I learned a long time ago, I am not my mind and I can take control of it.

So that's what I'm gonna do... in the name if science if course ;)
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 4):
Norseman (Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:04 am) • MrNice (Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:00 am) • Inactive account (Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: KrazyDave takes one for science

Post by The Aspie Toker »

What was you expecting to happen when chewing on peppercorns?
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Dude just smoke a tiny amount at a time like... 1 drag and put the (thc) joint down

But idk man, weed is great and all and I promote the legality 100%, but it definitely isn't for everyone. Some people have underlying things going on that they don't even know about until they smoke

Be safe

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 3):
Norseman (Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:04 am) • Guest (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:12 am) • KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am)

Norseman
Known User

Post by Norseman »

Happy everything went ok in the end mate and that you managed to calm everything down eventually.

Like @Josh said, perhaps try a little THC bud at a time and when that feels ok do a little bit more and slowly increase the amount of THC bud you smoke.

Good Luck in the name of science.
These users thanked the author Norseman for the post:
KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:03 am)
In the Silence lies the Power

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

Aww man sorry the hear you've dealing with these horrible attacks man I tell you something for nothing. 4 years ago this year I lost my mum to cancer after a 12 day fight that no body seen coming I mean we'd only just lost here dad exactly 12 day before to the same thing it was a really bad time for everyone but more so my oldest daughter who was so close to my mum and a few weeks later we sat downstairs and the youngest started shouting dad there's something wrong so I've gone running upstairs to find the oldest going into what I thought was anaphylactic shockas we had just eaten next thing she's going unconscious on the sofa having brought her down stairs eyes in the back of her head the lot it's I sight I never want to see again so after the paramedics turned up and got her sorted out it turns out she had just had a massive panic / Anxiety attack I couldn't believe what they was saying I've never seen anything like it in my life and don't want to again but a long story short one of the medics recommended trying this stuff and honestly I don't think I've ever seen anything work so well and so quick. I don't know if you can get it over there but if you want any sending over let me know and we will sort it out for you brother. Image
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 3):
Norseman (Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 am) • KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am) • Josh (Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:25 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

Did you have any alcohol that evening?

I've found bad things happen to me if I mix weed with booze! Although I can tolerate decent quantities of each in isolation.
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am) • Josh (Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:25 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am
What was you expecting to happen when chewing on peppercorns?
To be honest, I was expecting it to bring down the high, which I think it did slightly, but not enough to stop my mind from going nuts.
Chad.Westport wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 am
Well, good to know. Glad you made it through it. I've also heard that pine nuts reduce the high.
Thanks mate, I've never even heard of Pine nuts tbh lol I won't try that next though.
Josh wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 am
Dude just smoke a tiny amount at a time like... 1 drag and put the (thc) joint down
Yeah, that's the plan. Strange thing is, hash doesn't make my heart race, only bud. I think it must be something to do with a certain terpene but there's no real way for me to find out which one so I can avoid it.
Norseman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 am
Happy everything went ok in the end mate and that you managed to calm everything down eventually.
Cheers pal. Im fairly sure I can overcome this, a little at a time.
Rassensi wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:50 am
Aww man sorry the hear you've dealing with these horrible attacks man I tell you something for nothing. 4 years ago this year I lost my mum to cancer after a 12 day fight that no body seen coming I mean we'd only just lost here dad exactly 12 day before to the same thing it was a really bad time for everyone but more so my oldest daughter who was so close to my mum and a few weeks later we sat downstairs and the youngest started shouting dad there's something wrong so I've gone running upstairs to find the oldest going into what I thought was anaphylactic shockas we had just eaten next thing she's going unconscious on the sofa having brought her down stairs eyes in the back of her head the lot it's I sight I never want to see again so after the paramedics turned up and got her sorted out it turns out she had just had a massive panic / Anxiety attack I couldn't believe what they was saying I've never seen anything like it in my life and don't want to again but a long story short one of the medics recommended trying this stuff and honestly I don't think I've ever seen anything work so well and so quick. I don't know if you can get it over there but if you want any sending over let me know and we will sort it out for you brother.
That sounds scary as fuck. I've only ever been that bad once when the police were involved in something but luckily, one of them had a family member who has it too and he helped me to get control of my breath. I've had times when I've been in a shopping center and just had to get the fuck outta there. Too many voices and people and it all gets a bit overwhelming. I'm glad your daughters okay though.

I really appreciate the offer, I really do. I have many coping mechanisms now though. I learned what my triggers are so I can avoid or prepare for them. If I can't sleep, I visualize drawing numbers in the sand and it drifts me off quickly. I did it last night actually and don't remember finishing the 1!! If I do get overwhelmed and my head tells my body I need more air cause I can't breathe... I just have to meditate to stop it. I've gotten really good at it now so the second I get that feeling as I've just stepped off a step I didn't know was there, I can clear my mind and focus on my breathing, specifically how easy it actually is and it goes away. Its stopped happing as often by far. At one point I was having about 5 panic attacks a week. Other than last night, I haven't had one in ages.

To be honest, though, last night was the best night's sleep I've had in a few days. The worst thing for me is getting into bed knackered and my mind going "oh you're off to bed... let's have a think about that shit that went down 7 years ago and come up with alternative endings that never happened and make them progressively worse" The worst night I had like that was when I lay thinking about what would happen if the police stopped me for putting the rubbish in the bin at the wrong time of day, didn't understand my Spanish, arrested me, put me in a cell with Moroccan thugs, end up fighting them, getting sent to prison, stabbed and killed until the sun came up. That was rough!!

The high CBD bud just helps me relax at night so that doesn't happen. Plus it tastes just as wonderful :) I also get a feeling when I'm stressed and smoke it, like I just got into a nice hot bath which tells me I need to take some time for self-care.

Tonight I'm going to try adding some THC bud to my CBD spliff. Just a sprinkle to see what happens. Maybe if I build a tolerance to THC with the CBD I can wean down the CBD bud in it and just enjoy the feeling of being high.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 4):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:19 am) • Norseman (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am) • Rassensi (Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:19 am) • Josh (Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 pm)

Post by Guest »

Josh wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 am

But idk man, weed is great and all and I promote the legality 100%, but it definitely isn't for everyone. Some people have underlying things going on that they don't even know about until they smoke
I'm seeing your point here for sure. I once made a .8 gram pure spliff, I'd just arrived in Amsterdam and as it was early I thought I would go find the famous dampkring. Anyway, walking up to the counter I decided I would try the theory of Sativa in the morning. I ended up with a right skinny bud, Dr Grinspoon. Well, after the whoe spliff, I had to go sit down in a confined space somewhere untill the negative anxiety wore off. I have always had anxiety, long before I started smoking weed but I think it shows how careful you have to be.

Take things slow, one drag at a time.

I have heard sugar helps! Apparently, I read somewhere that when you get an overload of THC you can go hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and is a reason for when you feel so bad after an overload of THC.

I have had Blue dream before and found it calmed my anxieties extermely well and it has been reported as 3% of people feeling anxious after smoking. Unless you're one of the 3% :idn:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
KD (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

flip wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:05 am
Did you have any alcohol that evening?

I've found bad things happen to me if I mix weed with booze! Although I can tolerate decent quantities of each in isolation.
Nah I don't drink mate. Purely because I don't know when to stop once I start. Many times I've been out for 1 or 2 and got home at 6 am piss wet through after being kicked out of a hotel swimming pool for jumping off a bridge with mates and not remembering why someone drew a cat face on me with their eyeliner lmao. My misses thinks it's healthy, but I don't. The last time I went out for a few I ended up fighting some fella but I was that drunk, I couldn't fight myself out of a paper bag. I woke up the next morning with zero memory of why I had bruises on my elbows and back of my head and 2 broken ribs. My mates told me they walked out of the club just in time to see me lying on the floor, struggling to get up, and this fella boots me in the ribs. Never again!!
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Rassensi (Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:23 am
I'm seeing your point here for sure. I once made a .8 gram pure spliff, I'd just arrived in Amsterdam and as it was early I thought I would go find the famous dampkring. Anyway, walking up to the counter I decided I would try the theory of Sativa in the morning. I ended up with a right skinny bud, Dr Grinspoon. Well, after the whoe spliff, I had to go sit down in a confined space somewhere untill the negative anxiety wore off. I have always had anxiety, long before I started smoking weed but I think it shows how careful you have to be.

Take things slow, one drag at a time.
Yeah, that is my worst nightmare. Being in a strange place and feeling freaked out aint fun eh.
DIY.Rik wrote:
I have heard sugar helps! Apparently, I read somewhere that when you get an overload of THC you can go hypoglycemic (low blood sugar), and is a reason for when you feel so bad after an overload of THC.
Yeah, fruit or anything sugary helps massively when you've smoked too much but I don't think that's it. I'm sure it's my psychology thinking my heart is racing because I need my fight or flight response so that's what kicks in, but there's nothing to run away from or fight so then it goes to "Well maybe you're drowning then" and makes me feel like I can't breathe. My mate has it too but he thinks he can't swallow and he's choking. He spent months making baby food for himself before he got a grasp on it.
DIY.Rik wrote:
I have had Blue dream before and found it calmed my anxieties extremely well and it has been reported as 3% of people feeling anxious after smoking. Unless you're one of the 3% :idn:
Or it could be this but I'm pretty sure it's just a psychological reaction that makes me sure I can beat it. The best way to overcome any anxiety is to face it and realize, there's no need to feel that way. Sometimes when I leave the house, I get anxious walking down the street, so I look at the people walking about, look at the sky and ask myself "What is there to worry about" and realize I'm fine. Otherwise, I would be full-blown Agoraphobic and never go out.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 2):
Wayne36 (Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 am) • IMO (Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:32 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”