Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Autoflower - Still Issues

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
exordium

Re: Autoflower - Still Issues

Post by exordium »

MrNice wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:08 pm
Is the seed from RQS...............?
No, https://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk

exordium

Post by exordium »

Are these good pots?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Plasti ... Swy8Re5Lvu

What size would I need for growing Autos?

BB
Known User

Post by BB »

If my autos aren’t as big as that after 3 weeks im binning it.severely stunted in some way and very high in N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exordium

Post by exordium »

BB wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm
If my autos aren’t as big as that after 3 weeks im binning it.severely stunted in some way and very high in N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could it be possibly be to do with poor quality lights?

exordium

Post by exordium »

I have just bought some new Samsung LED lights. Got some new seeds on order, new pots and new growing medium. So hopefully my next attempt at a grow will be more successful
These users thanked the author exordium for the post:
Mrs Beefheart (Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:23 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Love mutants💕
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Hey bro,

Look like you got a bit of a mutant auto going on there. I found that more common with autos when I was growing them. If it were me, I'd start some new auto seeds.

Some tips i found handy when growing autos:
- Use a big pot (I found 3-5 gallon fabric pots worked well, going bigger for soil grows) and plant your seed directly in your final pot;
- I topped my autos, but be careful with defoliation, it can stress some autos which halts growth (pretty much any stress will slow growth);
- If your growing in soil make your mix extra light/airy, add in extra perlite or grow stones;
- I always grew at least 2-3 autos at a time (always different genotypes), because quite often with autos I'd get a bad pheno (plant showing negative physical traits), always great to have backups;
- Keep the light to 18 on/6 off or 20/4, the ruderalis genetics like lots of light in a short period;
- Always add layer (about 5-7cm deep) of perlite at the very bottom of your pot, before adding your medium. It adds an oxygen pocket for your roots
- Remember your plant eats light, so the bigger the light the bigger the plant (up to a point, too much light can cause toxicity)

Good luck bro...autos take some time and patience to figure out and grow well. :Stoned:
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

exordium

Post by exordium »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:24 am
Hey bro,

Look like you got a bit of a mutant auto going on there. I found that more common with autos when I was growing them. If it were me, I'd start some new auto seeds.

Some tips i found handy when growing autos:
- Use a big pot (I found 3-5 gallon fabric pots worked well, going bigger for soil grows) and plant your seed directly in your final pot;
- I topped my autos, but be careful with defoliation, it can stress some autos which halts growth (pretty much any stress will slow growth);
- If your growing in soil make your mix extra light/airy, add in extra perlite or grow stones;
- I always grew at least 2-3 autos at a time (always different genotypes), because quite often with autos I'd get a bad pheno (plant showing negative physical traits), always great to have backups;
- Keep the light to 18 on/6 off or 20/4, the ruderalis genetics like lots of light in a short period;
- Always add layer (about 5-7cm deep) of perlite at the very bottom of your pot, before adding your medium. It adds an oxygen pocket for your roots
- Remember your plant eats light, so the bigger the light the bigger the plant (up to a point, too much light can cause toxicity)

Good luck bro...autos take some time and patience to figure out and grow well. :Stoned:
Thanks your your reply.

- I have bought some new 5 gallon fabric pots
- Medium will be coco coir and perlite
- Bought some new Samsung invisible sun lights

Ah, the last mix I did, I mixed the perlite into the coco coir. So put a nice layer of perlite at the bottom, and not mix it in?

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Definitely looks a mutant. Just happens sometimes and more so eith autos imo.

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

exordium wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:33 am
So put a nice layer of perlite at the bottom, and not mix it in?
Hey bro,

Do both, make sure there is a layer in the very bottom. Also go ahead and add it to your coco mix. Usually about 25%. Here's a tip....add worm castings to your coco mix too..you'll get the "billion microbe army" working for you from the get go. I usually also put a cup or two of worm casting on top of the perlite before I add my coco also.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”