bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: Organic Seed Shell softener?

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:18 pm
Why not just use water? (as long as it's not bottled.)
That's what I am currently using Aspie, soaking them in water, BUT the shells are not falling off easy of the sunflower shoots' cotyledons. It takes a lot of time removing them by hand when you have a few trays full of them haha
if the seed shells arent coming off themselves as the seed breaks the surface, then the seed isnt buried deep enough to begin with.

if you germ in water soak first it helps soften them, or add the tiniest bit of h202 to it. if you dont want to use h202, use a seaweed extract

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

@GMO Yes,I am stacking up a few trays together and I've got marble pieces that fit perfectly into the trays for weight. Thanks for the video , that's what I am doing but I can see he is a lot more harsh to them when washing them and they seem to be falling off. I'd try that next!
@DIY.Rik Yeah I know what you mean mate but I always felt all them nutrients would never be organic for that price and mass production lol.. Maybe I am wrong, just how I feel about it. It's like the 100% organic orange juice in Asda for 1.50£ :lol:

p.s some of you are getting confused but I am not talking about cannabis seeds :fight:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Guest (Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

I've heard this from someone else recently, but he makes lactic acid and stores it.... In a bottle. If it's a natural product and it's got organic certification it's organic regardless of the receptacle. If it's not from a certified producer it's 'natural'.
I find aloe to be very good for starting from seed, I soak mine in an aloe solution and pop into soil after.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
Bulls (Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:36 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:27 pm) • Guest (Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:01 pm
@DIY.Rik Yeah I know what you mean mate but I always felt all them nutrients would never be organic for that price and mass production lol.. Maybe I am wrong, just how I feel about it. It's like the 100% organic orange juice in Asda for 1.50£ :lol:

p.s some of you are getting confused but I am not talking about cannabis seeds :fight:
Hey @Bulls just as a counterpoint to your thoughts on mass production etc mate; when a firm gets to high volume output, generally that means they can buy their ingredients for next to nothing as they'll doubtless have massive buying power. But they still need to pass a confirmation process to be organic. Mass production should also mean better control and monitoring of quality, which should translate into consistent results for you.
I think the term organic is very loose these days. Lots of people selling organic stuff that's never been certified and it can be misleading.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
Bulls (Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:36 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

@GHO I don't mean to offend any of the nutrients companies. It just seems everyrhing is organic these days :) Maybe I am wrong.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

All the so called bottled organic fertilizers i read contain parabens to give it added shelf life, tis hardly organic really is it when your slamming shitty cancer causing parabens in the mix too.

Summink ive wondered before about the bottled organic liquid ferts in my crazy world, i think it came yup once chatting with Marcus in past but not totally sure i forgot who tbh, but yes so if it`s truly organic in those bottles wouldn`t the bottles be exploding on shelves as it brews up/ferments/breaks down/whatever it does even more over time or is that what adding the parebins is all about to stop that happening and hold the brew back from waking up blowing shelves in shops away :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
bigbadbillybob (Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm) • Bulls (Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:58 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:26 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

^^^ Exactly my thinking but I didn't want to sound negative so I said I might be wrong...I was thinking they must be adding some chemicals to extend shelf life and god knows what else.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:26 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

2-Scoops wrote:All the so called bottled organic fertilizers i read contain parabens to give it added shelf life, tis hardly organic really is it when your slamming shitty cancer causing parabens in the mix too.

Summink ive wondered before about the bottled organic liquid ferts in my crazy world, i think it came yup once chatting with Marcus in past but not totally sure i forgot who tbh, but yes so if it`s truly organic in those bottles wouldn`t the bottles be exploding on shelves as it brews up/ferments/breaks down/whatever it does even more over time or is that what adding the parebins is all about to stop that happening and hold the brew back from waking up blowing shelves in shops away
Bulls wrote:^^^ Exactly my thinking but I didn't want to sound negative so I said I might be wrong...I was thinking they must be adding some chemicals to extend shelf life and god knows what else.
https://youtu.be/YjLxGKzkUIQ (currently mobile, will embed if I remember later)

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:59 pm
^^^ Exactly my thinking but I didn't want to sound negative so I said I might be wrong...I was thinking they must be adding some chemicals to extend shelf life and god knows what else.
Suppose if thats case all the organic grown stuff in sooperdoopermarkets isn`t really what it say on packet, im pretty sure those organic farmers that grow on mass would be using bigger bottled organic ferts from off shelf, not all of them but most who grow organically on mass and especially the soopermarket stuff, its a bloody con to get your cash man ?
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:26 pm) • Bulls (Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:00 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:11 pm
@GHO I don't mean to offend any of the nutrients companies. It just seems everyrhing is organic these days :) Maybe I am wrong.
Have you tried semen before? I don't know how many seeds you have, so you may need more than one shot. I've used it before with potting up but it may work with the husks. Worth a go I think.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 3):
Bulls (Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:59 am) • GHO (Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 pm) • Guest (Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:44 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Return to “Non Canna Growing”