Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Hempy Bucket Experiment

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Re: Hempy Bucket Experiment

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Norseman wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 am
Great write up @Cave Hill Cole. This looks like a must try for sure. Just the ease of watering and the fact that you don't need to water every day is a win win for me. :thanks:
Cheers bro!

Yeah the watering is so simple..no over flowing the pot when you pour too fast while top feeding. You don't need to worry about evenly soaking all the medium. And you can't over water...so it removes the ability to drown your plants my giving them too much love in the watering department. You don't get fungus nat's because the top of the medium is completely dry.

You only have to water them every 2-3 days...supposedly longer too, but I haven't tried it longer than 3 days.

I'm really interested to see how she yields compared to my larger plants in auto pots.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Norseman (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:21 am) • 2-Scoops (Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:50 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Norseman
Known User

Post by Norseman »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am
Yeah the watering is so simple..no over flowing the pot when you pour too fast while top feeding. You don't need to worry about evenly soaking all the medium. And you can't over water...so it removes the ability to drown your plants my giving them too much love in the watering department. You don't get fungus nat's because the top of the medium is completely dry.

You only have to water them every 2-3 days...supposedly longer too, but I haven't tried it longer than 3 days.
The way i see it is that it is mostly benefits with a Hempy or an Auto pot. You avoid pests due to dry medium, you can't drown your plant, you do avoid root rot as well and the nutrients and roots get oxygen thanks to the pipe that you added to the pot.

I will surely try this Hempy system out since it clearly make things easier.

Thanks again for the write up man :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Norseman for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:17 pm)
In the Silence lies the Power

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I`ll jump in on this mate, tis summink thats always interested me is Hempy buckets. I did used to do summink similar with a 25litre pot in a pot and the outer pot had tap on for waste, but it was more run to waste set up ther again it could have been percieved as hempy, feck knows tbh. But im following on, good luck. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Image will be running these soon,100%perlite
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm) • Guest (Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:55 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Very cool JJ i like it lots. So the tube you 2 guys are using, so that`s where you giving ferts, but why not just give ferts through top, lets say old way and let a little run off escape out tube where your rezz height is. Basically does it make any difference @Cave Hill Cole and @JJ ? Cheers peeps :)
Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am
Norseman wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 am
Great write up @Cave Hill Cole. This looks like a must try for sure. Just the ease of watering and the fact that you don't need to water every day is a win win for me. :thanks:
Cheers bro!

I'm really interested to see how she yields compared to my larger plants in auto pots.
Ignore my last question ive just read answer in thios post. Nice one. :oik!:

JJ

Post by JJ »

Image Image this is how I did mine,wrapped the 90 in weed stop,watering in the tube to the bottom,stirring up n flush i guess,, blame cavehillcole for this
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:29 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm)

JJ

Post by JJ »

I used yellow buckets then wrapped in cheap duct tape
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:29 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:23 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I think it`s a great idea adding the feed pipe @JJ tis just i`m lazy at times, but if theirs a spare hoover pipe lying around you never know hey..... Cool stuff though
Cave Hill Cole (Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 am)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:49 pm
Very cool JJ i like it lots. So the tube you 2 guys are using, so that`s where you giving ferts, but why not just give ferts through top, lets say old way and let a little run off escape out tube where your rezz height is. Basically does it make any difference @Cave Hill Cole and @JJ ? Cheers peeps :)
So the concept of the tube is suppose to provide the following benefits:
1) You can keep the medium (in my case coco) that is above the reservoir dry. This aids in getting more oxygen to the root zone. It also means that nats and other bugs don't have a moist environment to live in.

2) It means that you can directly water the root zone where the large root ball is located. Your not using as much nutrients, watering the upper section of the medium. It also means when it comes to watering "its dump and run". You just dump 2-3l through the funnel, collect the run-off in about 30sec-1min. And thats all the watering you have to do.

3) Again, it provides oxygen directly to the root zone through the funnel/chimney.

I think its worth it for the ease of watering alone to be fair. If you had four of these in a room, you could set up tubes to each feeding tube that were T'd off, you could feed all four plants in one go. You could water all four plants in 1min, just have their drain tubes going to a single collection bucket. But absolutely 2-scoops, you could do it the old fashioned way to, that would work completely fine too.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”