Radicle Bags

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Sage
Respected Member

Radicle Bags

Post by Sage »

Radicle Bags review.
Radicle Bags are a pvc woven mesh grow bag. IMHO the material makes it stronger but more importantly more reusable than most fabric bags. You can literally hose them out and throw them in the washer between uses. I’ve got 3 of the 5 gallon size about to do their 6th grow in. Since it’s a mesh you get true air pruning you’ll see tiny root bits stick out and fall off on occasion. Also being mesh they’re easier to flush and harder to get a salt buildup as it’s screen as opposed to fabric that acts somewhat more like a filter. Since they’re pvc they don’t absorb anything either. Since they’re white they are more reflective and absorb less heat into the root mass. I haven’t personally but I’ve seen them used in soil and soilless flood drain type hydroponics. They come handled or handless, and cool feature is they have a Velcro top to bottom on one side so you can “pot up” in size pretty easily. If you put the smaller one on top of the one you’ll be “potting up” to the bottom one will catch your runoff and the soil be ready when you make the switch. Bottom line change the world naw, but they have enough features a normal fabric pot doesn’t have that I prefer them. These are the 1, 3, 5, and 10 gallon sizes I do have a couple bigger but the cats were insisting on “helping” they do have sizing into the 100’s of gallon sizes as well.
ImageImageImageImage
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 9):
TTL (Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:53 am) • Minty (Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 am) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:02 am) • chronicthehemphog (Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 am) • flip (Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:25 am) • Guest (Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:11 am) • GMO (Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:15 am) • slimsantana (Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:10 pm) • Keeno (Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Re: Radicle Bags

Post by Guest »

I'm loving that velcro side to it. That would make repotting a breeze!

What are these like to water? As I have to water my fabric pots slowly so I don't get seeping around the sides.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 am

What are these like to water? As I have to water my fabric pots slowly so I don't get seeping around the sides.
yes you do need to water slowly well that is unless if you do as i have. I made several rings of "soaker" hose connected to a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off to act like a slow funnel. other way I'd use is in a flood drain setup. Otherwise slow water around the outside to encourage the roots to expand and seek water do that and achieve air pruning faster at least in my experience.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Guest (Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:12 am)

Post by Guest »

sageridder wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:24 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 am

yes you do need to water slowly well that is unless if you do as i have. I made several rings of "soaker" hose connected to a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off to act like a slow funnel. other way I'd use is in a flood drain setup. Otherwise slow water around the outside to encourage the roots to expand and seek water do that and achieve air pruning faster at least in my experience.
I need to start considering drip feeders. I have some spiked with a tap that slowly seeps out which I may have to start using, my bigger 20L pots dry out and they're a good few weeks into flower.

Yeah the sides dry out real quick!

Thanks for the info.

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

going to have to try these out cheers for the heads up never seen them before
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
Guest (Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:03 pm)

Post by Guest »

Had a look and these are quite hard to find in the UK

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

always the same when ere's something new to try
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
Guest (Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:12 pm)

PatsFan

Post by PatsFan »

Just started a run with the radicle bags.
They are definitely a improvement over the cloth ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PatsFan

Post by PatsFan »

Chad.Westport wrote:Have you had much dry soil coming out of the sides? I understand air pruning, so that has a benefit. The bags also encourage the soil to dry faster, which means more feeding, more chances for food. But I did hear one person say that they have had a bit of material come out the side and to me that has kept me away. I like white floors, nice clean white sterile floors in a grow.

I tried cloth ones that a rep gave me to try. It was a pain in the arse, when I went to transplant, the roots had grown into the bag and had to break them just to get it into a larger size. Definitely not good for the roots. I also wonder how much pathogens the cloth bags accumulate over time.
I will let you know. I just started the run. I feel like I will have to water slower to make sure it doesn't run off the sides.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Nice review Sage. I use the felt ones and similar to posts above theybare a pain in the ass to repot or even get media out of after a grow.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Sage (Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:08 am)

Return to “Product reviews”