Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drippers or Hand feeding?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Drippers or Hand feeding?

Post by Captain Beefheart »

1 last thingy...... canna actually like`s water ATM my 6 plants are seeing themselves through with 14 litres between them 6 plants in 5 ltr pots,i get a decent runoff every day :oik!:

here they been potted up 1 week from a 5 inch pot :idn:

cmon do the maths + ffs do the ground work ennit.... the pot of medium is where its at for a healthy plant......+ the odd flush is bang tidy. :oik!:

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Hey bro, personally every time I fooled around with drippers I had problems. I will be the first to put my hand up and say that is most likely user error. But it caused me to go back to hand watering. I hand watered for years and always had good results. It forces you to spend daily time with your plants which is a good thing. But then...life gets in the way. Before the current pandemic state of affairs I would often have to go away for days or weeks on end...which put a stop to hand watering for me and forced me to investigate autopots. Took me a little bit to work out the pitfalls of autopots...since then have never looked back. I'm a huge fan of autpots. If I didn't use them...I would probably make a hempy bucket setup..I hear great things about hempy's...but have zero personal experience.
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Thank you all for the great feedback. Has anyone checked if rootball is better using hand feed and dripper with 2 plants grown next to each other?

I started hand feeding or using the 4mm feed line without any drippers on it..no blocking and takes 2 minutes instead of 15!

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:22 pm
Thank you all for the great feedback. Has anyone checked if rootball is better using hand feed and dripper with 2 plants grown next to each other?

I started hand feeding or using the 4mm feed line without any drippers on it..no blocking and takes 2 minutes instead of 15!
I mix my feed in a 20L bucket everyday. I have a res that I use to hold water for them but I dont feed from it. I mix feed then using water pump and hose with no drippers attached. Like a water hose outside. works for me but i would assume its prob not the best way hahaha
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

ImageImage
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
kbag (Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:00 am)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Pipe Cleaners :Shock: hope they are secure enough Bulls. You would not want a flood.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
Bulls (Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

They are secure kbag. I am always there at the moment when I water, no timers. But I am thinking of another way of securing them better..so If anyone has cheap solution..I am all ears :lol:

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Iv never had a blocked dripper I just use drip clean from Dutch pro mate.
But I do have a filter in my line so it goes water pump then filter then drippers

Out of curiosity @Bulls how much feed ltrs you put through your pots a day?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

I like to hand feed but the dripper I seen recently and would be great for when going away definitely going to grab one so.etimes not home for a couple days

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

@Grower1988 Does the Dutch Pro help mate? I do have a filter as well on my system but they keep getting blocked lately. I usually put around 4-5 Liters through my 10L airpots
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Grower88 (Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:49 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”