Electricity inspection

A place to discuss growing security
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Electricity inspection

Post by Minty »

Donkey222 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 am
Just you wait and see minty my old chap im going to be firing up something rather sexy soon
I canna wait captain ;O)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm
When the chap came round and did every room except mine as she laid it on thick. I was a bit pissed by it as it took me forever to take down, took longer to get it back up and put me weeks behind growing, leaving me low on weed.
End of the day mate, you are better safe than sorry - personally I would take the risk it with my 'Gas Servicing' as they are local (dad and son team) and they did my whole house rejuvenation (heating, windows, etc) while I was in hospital and I have no idea if they smoke etc, but will risk them not grassing me up next time they are due to service the boiler. I will obviously not have the plants I have in the actual airing cupboard next to the boiler etc. as I am not that confident but would risk the Loft access as it my tent is not one that can be taken down and then put back up! It is up until being physically replaced...

That being said they have requested loft access on every other visit (so once a year) to check on the flue which is extracting out via the roof.

Professionals do tend to make a quick visual inspection in my experience but :idn:
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Minty wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm
When the chap came round and did every room except mine as she laid it on thick. I was a bit pissed by it as it took me forever to take down, took longer to get it back up and put me weeks behind growing, leaving me low on weed.
End of the day mate, you are better safe than sorry - personally I would take the risk it with my 'Gas Servicing' as they are local (dad and son team) and they did my whole house rejuvenation (heating, windows, etc) while I was in hospital and I have no idea if they smoke etc, but will risk them not grassing me up next time they are due to service the boiler. I will obviously not have the plants I have in the actual airing cupboard next to the boiler etc. as I am not that confident but would risk the Loft access as it my tent is not one that can be taken down and then put back up! It is up until being physically replaced...

That being said they have requested loft access on every other visit (so once a year) to check on the flue which is extracting out via the roof.

Professionals do tend to make a quick visual inspection in my experience but :idn:
Mine wasn't for a gas inspection, but rather having our radiators flushed - hence having to go into each room. When they do the regular gas inspection, they just check the boiler and the gas cooker - nothing else.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Minty (Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:47 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am
they just check the boiler and the gas cooker - nothing else.
I guess that is the point, my boiler exhausts via the loft so part of the boiler service is checking the output from that pipe? Like I say I dunno but they do go up into the loft every other visit. Wasn't a problem until now...
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:18 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Twisted wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm
Thanks all think im going to phone them and tell them my wife is shielding as she is disabled so don't want to risk visitors in these times should hold it off a few months

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I summink similar from time to time, quite a few times ive played disabled card and tell them i`m recouoping at my sisters down south for a month or so till crops done. Depends what they`re coming for though, i have it down to a tea nowadays and i like to think that i kinda know what type of workers to avoid letting in whilst growing, anyone in a suit is a no no but subbys in overalls are ok. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:47 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

having been on the wrong end of the law, i would strongly advise taking everything down, hiding it, and put plants in the boot of your can for the day/ couple of hours, whatever.

its really not worth getting nicked/evicted etc for a few plants, just cos you couldnt be arsed taking it all down.

my tuppence worth
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 4):
TTL (Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 pm) • Nanook (Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:39 am) • MrNice (Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:35 pm) • Minty (Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:47 pm)

Nastyhabitz_

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

They will need to check every socket. Im in the same boat iv been avoiding them for the last 6 months . I told them i didn't want anyone in due to covid . They've been ringing me once a month to gain entry . Ive now cleared my gaff out so going to let them in next week. Then i can get cracking some seeds lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Nastyhabitz_ for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:07 pm) • Minty (Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:46 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I`m a bit woahhh.....wayyy....... and i just like living on edge a bit @bigbadbillybob :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 pm
I`m a bit woahhh.....wayyy....... and i just like living on edge a bit @bigbadbillybob :lol: :lol:
I'm the same, but mostly just lazy ;o)

To be fair it's not like I can just take my tent down...
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 3):
bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:58 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

you rebels, next thing you will be breaking the law....
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 2):
Minty (Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:58 pm)

Return to “Growing Security”