Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

surprisingly good strains, add yours

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
bigbadbillybob
Known User

surprisingly good strains, add yours

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ok, well here i go again with another one.
Name a couple of strains that you have grown which have surprised you by how good they were.

I'll start
first up - pyramid seeds white widow auto. this was one of the first strains i did, years ago, i grew it in mud, orgnically, about 15 yrs ago, and scored about 3 zips per plant off it. SUrprisingly, for me anyway, it was like getting in a time capsule and transporting myself back to when i lived in Holland for a short while, Amsterdam, 1990 something, and smoking copious amounts of my then favourite strain - k2 in numerous coffee shops.it was from, i think it was homegrown fantaseeds. its a hindu kush cross white widow strain (the K2, this is), and it was perfect - strong, great buzz, lovely taste etc. the pyramid widow was very similar, similar taste and stone, was lovely stuff.

next surprise, for me was pineapple express-g13.
i smoked some street version of this yonks ago and it was shit, but thats probably because it wasnt even pineapple express.
i grew it a few years back and its a belter, lovely tasty strong weed, that keeps you high and has a great buzz. ive just dipped another one, to keep as a mother.

oh and choco mint og, it was really nice too, ask the grouse, even he liked it..... i grew 6 and half of them hermied, so, er not very stable, but bloody lovely smoke, smooth, tasty as fook and po---tent.

Next/....................????
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
The Shanchez (Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:40 pm)

TTL
Known User

Re: surprisingly good strains, add yours

Post by TTL »

Should just say half of the choco mint og Nooked on you.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:45 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Maybe not surprisingly good but more very good a few older and not so old dutch strains i like lots are>>

g13 labs > blue venom

sensi seeds > jack herer

Soma`s > nyc diesel. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:45 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

notice these are all older strains Jimmy, same as my own choices , well apart from cmog hermie fest.

i dint know the G13 founders came from the UK, before heading to AMsterdam,
i didnt know that till 5 minutes ago, but they do some good stuff, thier superskunk was another good one. i think they are pretty under rated as a breeder.
the traditional strains have always been good, the blue venom is widow crossed with blueberry, both have been about for yonks.
same with the jack, its an oldie too. but i dont think its the same as the old jack, its no where near as potent these days.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

I grew some S.A.G.E by TH seeds about 6 months back that caught me off guard a bit. It had a super enjoyable soaring sativa high. It was a real mood lifter. Smoking it with a coffee in the morning would just fill me with joy. It made listening to music super enjoyable. Great day time smoke. It was had a really solid yield too. But it was a full 10 weeks in flower.

I don't grow autos anymore. But when I did... Delicious Seeds Critical Neville Haze was hands down the best auto I came across. It finished in like 75days from seed. Massive spear like colas and a huge resin producer. The high was electric and kinda scary.

A really good AK47 is a thing of beauty. Or a 90s super skunk..,its in a baggie, stuffed in a wallet, in your pocket...you get on a bus on in a car and everyone swings to look in your direction. That 90s skunk was always ninja turtle green
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ive heard that thseeds sage is a good one, produces some mondo colas too dont it?
Delicious seeds are hugely under rated, they do some great criticl crosses, thier critical yumbolt was a favourite for yonks, it pumped out big colas tooo

nice....Anyone else been surpised by a strain ?

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

g13, chem dawg, purple haze, cream caramel by sweet seeds
i know im missing one or 2 more maybe ill think of them in a bit
These users thanked the author omgBoNg for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:52 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Barneys dos si dos 33 actually lived up to its description for me and I'm a fairly shitty grower so it must be good. Averaged a bit over 5 zips a plant my first bash at it, first time in coco etc. Its got a nice old stone too it
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:46 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm)

Trex

Post by Trex »

Blow Dream auto Victory seeds . Huge buds the lenght of my arm , nice scalp tingling cerebral high followed by a nice light relax !

Amherst Sour Diesel Humboldt seeds . Nice purple pheno i got , easy to grow , excellent all round high !!
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 2):
bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm) • camkush (Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:20 pm)

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

Pineapple Express auto from barneys farm was the first ever plant I grew having smoked shitty street weed for 10 years ,
Finished in 70 days from planting the seed. Produced 5oz ( for the first plant I ever grew was gonna smacked ) and the smoke was amazing ! Tasted sweet, nice fruity after tone on the lips and the hit ........ I only smoke bongs , pipes and now vapes , so hit it in the bong after a month in jars curing ...... 2 full bowls and BOOM !!! My first whitey since I was about 17 , literally passed out lmfao
I am growing another as I write this Image
This ones fecking huge

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post (total 5):
sqydroshydros (Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:08 am) • Treetrunk (Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:28 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:36 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:26 pm) • sybarite (Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:08 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”