Omega Black Digital Ballast Kit

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
chronicthehemphog

Omega Black Digital Ballast Kit

Post by chronicthehemphog »

Ok, so here goes,
Well what can I say πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ so far this little kit has been an absolute god send πŸ™ was running cheap Chinese blurple LEDs before πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ so comparison wise I don't have anything really to compare to other than the 10 or so weeks that I've had it but my word what a 10 weeks it's been :clap:
When I purchased the kit (eBay Β£67.97) I also purchased an Omega Black 600w MH bulb (kit came with Dual Spec)
So now we skip to setting up and using
As you can see my widow is under a scrog (she'd just been moved to flower tent after vegging under blurple) and she wasn't looking too impressive πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
I've left the date's on the pics so you can see
5 days later
2 weeks later (had that really hot spell in the middle and I went fishing for a few days, came back and she was badly wilted and dried up but recovered nicely)
Then last pic, exactly 1 month from the first pic after having 2 weeks of 18/6 under MH and then 2 weeks of 12/12 also under MH she has made a hell of a transformation, then I switched bulb to the Dual Spec (was going to get HPS and probably still will but thought I'd give it a go as it's there)
So after 2 days under DS
One week later
10 days later
One week later
And now today πŸ˜‚ I know it's sort of turned into a diary but as I've nothing to compare too I can only show results (bearing in mind this is also my first successful grow πŸ˜‚)
So, what can I say about the kit πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ it works πŸ‘ I'll try and get some pics of lux readings and spectrum (if I remember πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ)
The build quality of the ballast seems solid enough (no rattles) and the adjustment knob turns with a nice defined click, the plug to ballast cable is plenty long enough for ease of placement πŸ‘
Both bulbs (the DS included and the MH I purchased separately) have done what I wanted up to now πŸ‘ again, I will add pic's of the readings when I remember
Now the reflector πŸ€”
Well, does it reflect the light? Well yeah it does but it's not very consistent and you do get hot spots, this is where the kit is let down IMO however it is just a cheap reflector (non branded and not associated with Omega) and I am going to upgrade when I finally settle on one πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚
As for how much it costs to run I can't really say πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ (busy house, kids, pond, aquaria and enough technology to rival NASA) :lol: so not really noticed as it's all over the place anyway πŸ˜‚
So, my conclusion, all in all a good little kit πŸ‘ has done what I wanted without any real issue (apart from crap reflector) and for a starter kit I think it's spot on πŸ‘ like I say, less than 70 notes and the difference between this grow and my failed attempts under the blurple I'd say it's already paid for itself πŸ‘ :rock:
These users thanked the author chronicthehemphog for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:57 pm) • Minty (Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:24 pm) • Bulls (Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:55 pm)
A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better :Stoned:

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Omega Black Digital Ballast Kit

Post by MrNice »

Nice review bro

Hope huawei arnt sniffing ya phone..............LOl..... only joking nice looking grow bro
some one i know uses CMH for Veg and LED for flower he said the buds seem more dense with LED

GEt ya self an IS LED light give it another go or you can def win one here...Big UP GR420
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:25 pm) • chronicthehemphog (Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Very nice review mate. I think HPS/MH will always be a competitor between new built lights. The fact it's been for so long on the market and still preferable from most speaks itself. Cheap to buy, cheap to mentain and always produces big fat buds :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
chronicthehemphog (Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm) • MrNice (Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:24 pm)

chronicthehemphog

Post by chronicthehemphog »

Ok everyone, so as I promised here's the pictures of the "tests"
Lux meter was approx 12" below the light and phone was approx 24" πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
ImageImage

Joshuaarr420

Post by Joshuaarr420 »

Good shit man look how many budsites there are happy growing to you man it looks awesome and awesome review almost makes me wanna buy a hps lol
These users thanked the author Joshuaarr420 for the post:
chronicthehemphog (Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 pm)

Return to β€œProduct reviews”