Green Dragon

FX
Known User

Green Dragon

Post by FX »

I recently made some green dragon with my AVB (already vaped bud) and was thinking of trying it with fresh trim, it took a fair bit of time and effort to make but the results were pretty potent.

I put the AVB into an electric coffee grinder to chop it all up, then wrapped it in cheesecloth and soaked it in water to remove any burnt taste, probably not necessary for fresh, changing the water frequently and storing in the fridge.

After I was happy that any water soluble matter was gone and the water was clear I then spread it onto a foil lined baking tray and popped it in the oven for a while to dry and decarb it .

I then bought the strongest rum I could find (Any 70%ABV spirit will do) and soaked the decarbed bud in it, again storing in the fridge and shaking it up frequently, I think I left it for around 6 weeks like this.

Then I filtered out the solid matter, once through a permanent coffee filter and then a second time through filter paper.

The result was then placed into dropper bottles, all you need to do it place a few drops under you tongue and a short while later it hits!

Has anyone tried anything similar with trim?
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 4):
Guest (Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:39 pm) • Keeno (Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:16 am) • Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am) • Greenfingers (Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:56 pm)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
flip
Known User

Re: Green Dragon

Post by flip »

I am definitely going to try this!!!
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
FX (Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm) • Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

It's potent enough with AVB, I'm guessing it's even stronger with fresh bud!
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:51 am) • Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:45 am)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

fibrosux wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm
It's potent enough with AVB, I'm guessing it's even stronger with fresh bud!
Do you mean abv as in already been vaped?

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Yeah, still plenty of cannabinoids in it afterwards, shame to waste it!
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Minty (Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:32 am)

Post by Guest »

fibrosux wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 pm
I recently made some green dragon with my AVB (already vaped bud) and was thinking of trying it with fresh trim, it took a fair bit of time and effort to make but the results were pretty potent.

I put the AVB into an electric coffee grinder to chop it all up, then wrapped it in cheesecloth and soaked it in water to remove any burnt taste, probably not necessary for fresh, changing the water frequently and storing in the fridge.

After I was happy that any water soluble matter was gone and the water was clear I then spread it onto a foil lined baking tray and popped it in the oven for a while to dry and decarb it .

I then bought the strongest rum I could find (Any 70%ABV spirit will do) and soaked the decarbed bud in it, again storing in the fridge and shaking it up frequently, I think I left it for around 6 weeks like this.

Then I filtered out the solid matter, once through a permanent coffee filter and then a second time through filter paper.

The result was then placed into dropper bottles, all you need to do it place a few drops under you tongue and a short while later it hits!

Has anyone tried anything similar with trim?
I make coconut 🥥 oil from my ABV.

Everything all in a slow cooker for 24 to 48 hours. I've done it for 3 days before.

Then into a cloth hot, drain it all out. I then find you have to let it set, then take them solid off the top and disguard horrible black smelly water, just carbon deposits from any burnt bits in ABV.

Hot boiling water and then set again and repeat this process until I get clean water.

I only decarb any leaf or bud material. ABV goes straight in.

One of my cookies 🍪 blasted my shoulder pain at work the other day. Lunch time treat helped loads and I find its a very clear high when at work and keeping busy.

I'm goimg to look into baking cakes 🎂 soon too.

Also things like ginger, peppermint and dark chocolate 🍫 all help mask any ABV taste. But they smell gorgeous 😍
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
FX (Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:55 pm) • Minty (Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:32 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Ive made the green dragon before with pure alcohol but not for me. Green dragon you don`t decarb anything by the way and anyhow your AVB will already be decarbed from using it in vape. Here`s a safe way i used to make iced dragon (green dragon if you don`t decarb your buddage) https://wakeandbake.co/freezer-cannabis-tincture/

I use vg fluid to make tinctures with around 1oz of bud which makes around 500ml. I decarb bud, sling it in a jar and cover with vegetable glycerin, which i then sling in slow cooker on low for 24hours before removing it and letting it cool and fridging it ,i then remove it from fridge and top it up with rest of vg fluid to 500 ml before putting it back in slow cooker on high for a few or three more days stirring as much as possible in that time and running the mix through a few hot and cold periods during this time. The vg fluid isnt as harsh as alcohol and has a real sweet taste to it, you can use it for many things even for sweetening your morning coffee, it takes on around half the amount of cannabinoids and whatever else as pure alcohol so you take twice as much. You could use it in ecigs i suppose too if you added 30% pg fluid after finishing the initial process. Basically i do this here https://skunkpharmresearch.com/glycerin-extraction/ to create this here which is bloody lovely stuff and much prefered to alcohol tinctures by myself.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
flip (Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:14 pm) • Minty (Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:43 am) • FX (Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:36 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Ive made the green dragon before with pure alcohol but not for me. Green dragon you don`t decarb anything by the way and anyhow your AVB will already be decarbed from using it in vape. Here`s a safe way i used to make iced dragon (green dragon if you don`t decarb your buddage) https://wakeandbake.co/freezer-cannabis-tincture/
Man of all talents - kinda interested in this as I used to mix e-juice etc so would be good to get back into vaping. Got enough on at the min, but defo interested.

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Lots of interesting stuff here

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Minty wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Man of all talents - kinda interested in this as I used to mix e-juice etc so would be good to get back into vaping. Got enough on at the min, but defo interested.
Never tried this recipe in my ecig although yes i can`t see why not by adding 30% pg fluid and flavouring if ya like at end .

A better proposition for ejuice would be to make some pure RSO and mix with the wax liquidizer https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0 which is made with PEG fluid so canna doesn`t just fall out of it to bottom. Or even better use some real Terps for taste and RSO https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0 i think you`d still need a cutting/thinning agent like PEG400, VG or PG fluid but not sure tbh.

If i do make RSO i either eat it or blaze it pure in a yocan evolve plus.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”