Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Minty - UVB (Desert or Tropical) ? - anyone using these or have opinions?

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Minty - UVB (Desert or Tropical) ? - anyone using these or have opinions?

Post by Minty »

Nomoli wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:23 am
Minty mate, you are me 6 months ago we are very similiar in the way we look at and approach things.
I'll take that as a compliment, I think ;o)
Nomoli wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:23 am
Remeber KISS and keep going back to it
Yes mate, being a software developer they try to enforce this on me at work. it's doesn't work, I like the complications, and once I am finished fucking about - I do it the simple way - they hate me ;0i)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
IMO (Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

MrNice wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:11 pm
many moons ago i did a post on Uv
Well as a test of your searching skills with only using 4 characters or more can you find it?

G3W2HIN
Known User

Post by G3W2HIN »

Yup my first diary was about cream cookies auto a single plant which I'd like to have had more light, 2 scoops had made the same point drive me to start slower , never done autos before, started really like a kid growing for the first time no interruptions just to see how they operated. Maybe a bit too cautious about the grow but I'd never grown in doors,had no experience with the equipment.

Still limping , but now that I have the forum at my fingers I can get real feedback. And some hacks along the way. My grows get better every time. So uv is cool I wont be faffing with that anytime soon I've done the grows outdoors most my career as a grower which isn't extensive. There is a reality to it but I'll leave that to the sun.

Cheers...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author G3W2HIN for the post:
Minty (Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:31 am)
INNER PEACE

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

G3W2HIN wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm
2 scoops had made the same point drive me to start slower
2 Scoops is doing me a solid at the moment in my AutoPot Grow Diary - much respect to him as I have made many mistakes and he has been totally cool about them.
we need to learn how to walk before we can run if you get wat me saying
Ain't got time for that Bro - gonna be 50 in January so gotta crack on and get me some of that skin cancer so I can fit in the with all the Oldies ;o)

I was just looking and wouldn't go with anything other than say a single 26watt bulb in the corner of the tent 'just for science' like - or maybe position it in between the joists so it has a pretty specific area that it will cover just to see if it makes a difference. Apparently just spiking it for a couple of mins per hour? As I have the automation is would be a cheap and easy thing to try out in the future.

Mostly interested to see what it does? You have to get your hands dirty sometimes with playing for the sake of playing.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Minty wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm
many moons ago i did a post on Uv
Well as a test of your searching skills with only using 4 characters or more can you find it?
scroll down to UVB UVA Lighting Study Results Increases Medical Marijuana Potency 3-5%

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5550

there you go bro :bye:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Minty (Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 pm
Thank you Bro, how long did that take you to find? Just out of interest as I personally think the searching on here Sux ;o)
scroll down to UVB UVA Lighting Study Results Increases Medical Marijuana Potency 3-5%
Quick Minty Tip if you are using a PC browser
I know the old fuckers won't like this nor will the people using TapaTalk or even just mobile but if you are using a PC with a modern browser (fuck you M$ Internet Explorer - you failed to fuck up the Internet so now fuck off quietly please - pretty please, just pop over there and die)

For a better 'user experience' is to select and right click the topic 'UVB UVA Lighting Study' and launch the debugger to find the closest element with an ID and then by appending this id to the URL with a hashtag '#' prefix (note this was a thing long before hash tags) it will scroll down for you mate.

Couple of pictures to show you what I mean (don't judge me I am a web developer):-

Basically just select any text close to the post you want to scroll to, then right click and select inspect (you mat have to enable the debugger in IE etc.):-

Find the closest element with an ID="<something unique>" - doesn't really matter which ID you select but the closer to the original element the better:-

Double click this ID within the debugger to select and be able to Coffee / Pasta it:-

Amend the existing URL in the browser address bar with a # and then paste your ID - the Hash means scroll to the following ID ;o)

And you should end up with a link you can paste that will automatically scroll down to your quote

Code: Select all

https://www.growroom420.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5550#post_content121697
Hope that helps mate and call me Awesome or just OLD ;o)

:thanks:

P.S. If it doesn't quite scroll far enough etc then you are selecting an id that is not close enough. Using Chrome and most debuggers will highlite the element in the browser while selecting it in the debugger like so (my mouse is in the debugger window here):-

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 pm
Thank you Bro, how long did that take you to find? Just out of interest as I personally think the searching on here Sux :i agree:

It was easy went to my posts Ie "your posts" it was some of the first posts I did on here so easy to find for you

Why you not fix the search bit..................hands tied :puff puff: :Shock: time to roll one :Stoned: :Stoned: :Stoned:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Minty (Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:06 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:55 pm
Why you not fix the search bit..................hands tied
Limitation from the hosting I think Mate - does really annoy me - FFS should at least be a 2 character limit

I wanna search for a 'fuck' 'god' 'damn' 'it' - see total sentence with all words four or less characters ;o)

Google works and I tend to find what works for them has a future at least in terms of Tech and i18n/A11y/AI/Etc...

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Why you not fix the search bit..................hands tied :puff puff: :Shock: time to roll one :Stoned: :Stoned: :Stoned:
Sorry bro but I edited my original post to expand - spent ages just so scroll back up in case you missed it ;o)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:05 am
Why you not fix the search bit..................hands tied
Limitation from the hosting I think Mate - does really annoy me - FFS should at least be a 2 word limit

I wanna search for a 'fuck' 'god' 'damn' 'it' - see total sentence with all words four or less characters ;o)

Google works and I tend to find what works for them has a future at least in terms of Tech and i18n/A11y/AI/Etc...

wat meta tagging

Return to β€œGrow Room Designs & Equipment”