Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

The future of propogation??

Cannabis research, studies & results
Joker59
Known User

The future of propogation??

Post by Joker59 »

So I’ve been looking into tissue cultures as a way to store, ship and propagate some of our better strains. The idea of storing copies for a year, or shipping for two weeks without light would be a game changer. I realize that basement culturing isn’t up to par yet and that it’s not worth having a outside lab do yet, but I’m thinking ahead!

Anyone have any knowledge on tissue cultures in general, or using in-vitro to replicate cannabis specifically? Check out this video, the future is now people!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... DT5LLIRciU
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 am) • Minty (Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 am)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Spartangrown

Re: The future of propogation??

Post by Spartangrown »

This is one of the many subjects I would like to eventually learn about, thank you for the share!

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm
This is one of the many subjects I would like to eventually learn about, thank you for the share!
No problem I was hoping you would see this lol definitely a extremely interesting subject and something we will see change the game in the future. I know a dude that runs “7 East Genetics” he has 200 strains he considers keeps in stasis! So cool 😎 he said it takes like months right now though, to pull it from fridge and get it to the point you can put it in grow. But soon I think will are long range shipping of cultures and long term storage rentals and shit
Spartangrown (Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:15 am) • Minty (Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:39 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

They actually sell some home kits for doing it but I think without atleast a vent hood Or clean box you’d have to many issues. I think the goal of them to send sterile stuff so you don’t need a autoclave but not exactly sustainable lol
Spartangrown (Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:15 am) • Minty (Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:21 am)

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

The like the ability to hold cultures , they may possibly not count against plant count rules. The ability to "scrub" the plant of virus and other pathogens is very awesome too.
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post:
Minty (Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:21 am)

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

I’m currently studying plant cell cultures, I’ll fish out some of the notes n post them up ✌️

Off top of my head I think taking cells from certain points can change the genetics...slightly, think it’s the meristems as they will have undifferentiated cells.
But other parts would produce an identical plant to the parent.
Bit hazy in the mind lol I’ll go fish these notes n stop slabbering shengite lol
" It's all about money not freedom.
You think you're free?
Try going somewhere without money " - Bill Hicks

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

So....There is callus culture and meristem culture....maybe more but these are what we learning.

CC
Cells are undifferentiated and Because there is rapid replication of cells they are prone to mutations. clones but not identical to the parent.

good to apply selective pressures See if any the mutations are advantageous.

MC
Uses cells from apical/auxiliary meristems (roots n shoots), cells used from these locations are genetically stable and plantlets will be identical to parent.

This the one for maintaining your genetic stock :) (germplasm conservation)

Could go on further about the manipulations and the steps involved n what not but I can’t be arsed the now haha hangovers :(

Ps can also get anther/pollen culture.

Hope this excites everybody as much as me haha n gets you on the path of enlightenment lol or down a rabbit hole haha

Peace out amigoz

Return to “Cannabis science and research”