Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Aero Propagator.

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
TTL
Known User

Re: Aero Propagator.

Post by TTL »

I have one I bought for when I setup some mothers. I’m going to use it for my next run though with seeds. I’m going to pop seeds in Rapid Rooters and then put them in this until they’re ready for the aero system they’re going in. I’ve seen enough have great success this way to give it a go.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
Marcus (Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 pm
Hey folks,

So I went and got myself one of them 20 site aero propagators. Like this...

Wooosh, the sound of spraying water under my desk is making my underpants damp. :pee:

Now I'm pondering stuff here, but anyone who's got one (I know 3 of you do fo sho!) ever pop seeds in theirs?

I'm wondering if a jiffy pellet in a net pot with the seed in the pellet would work? Am I going to waste my time trying to find out?

Plus, any tips when using it?

I've read the instructions (for once) and it says, plain old tap water and 2cm of clone sticking out the bottom and just leave it be for a week. Piece of piss. :oik!:

Anyway, does anyone want anything cloning? I'm gonna stick my dog in there later, cause he's been good boy most of his 16 years of life and I want another just like him. :dance:
I’ve probably got some dna of my old dog on a collar I kept if you could clone her that would be sweet 👌
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Marcus (Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

The older I get, or maybe it’s just maturing, the more I realize how true your pic is in regards to 99.9% of the things that come out of our mouths. Ha.
Marcus (Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

i tried straight seeds and they died. the jiffy may get too wet, maybe rockwool or hydrotons ?

id say fill it the first time and make the site that root fastest as there are a few locations that i find root faster than others. probably due to the spray but i dunno. also keep the vent open a little then when you have roots open it more as you get more root mass. i think thats about it
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Marcus (Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I put a harybo seed in a rapid root and then popped it in the net (no soak etc). Few days later i had a long stemmed seedling. Doing ok in soil now. Just popped up super lanky as i keep the light down for clones.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

I wouldn't try and germinate seeds in one. I mean it could be done and if I was going to attempt it I'd use clay pebbles and try to get a substantial tap root before even attempting to plant. I'd love to see this happen though !
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Like marcus i did it out of general curiosity. Ive started popping any odd seeds ive got to see if i fancy taking cuts from any.

I dont plan on doing it again.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
Marcus (Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 am)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

TTL11 wrote:I have one I bought for when I setup some mothers. I’m going to use it for my next run though with seeds. I’m going to pop seeds in Rapid Rooters and then put them in this until they’re ready for the aero system they’re going in. I’ve seen enough have great success this way to give it a go.
That you surfing bro? If there's waves like that in Florida you better let me know where

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Josh wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm
TTL11 wrote:I have one I bought for when I setup some mothers. I’m going to use it for my next run though with seeds. I’m going to pop seeds in Rapid Rooters and then put them in this until they’re ready for the aero system they’re going in. I’ve seen enough have great success this way to give it a go.
That you surfing bro? If there's waves like that in Florida you better let me know where

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Nah, my pictures all looked way too grainy. I would’ve fanned my spray out wider too. Ha. You can definitely find some waves like that in Florida though. Winter time on the east coast you’ll catch some nice swell here and there. In between Sebastian and St Augustine are the best spots. I haven’t been out over there much in years though, except for Sebastian, so no clue what spots they’ve dredged and whatnot.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Plagiarism!!! You even got my sunblasters too :)

Mine are 24 hours in but no roots yet. I'm pretty much the same as you but I do add some superthrive to the water. Superthrive has 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid which is a synthetic Indole-3-butyric acid. Shaves a few days of rooting times.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Marcus (Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:34 am)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”