Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Autopot aquaplate

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Nom
Known User

Re: Autopot aquaplate

Post by Nom »

That copper matting will do the trick with them mate, make sure you put a line cleaner in the res to stop the salt build up and valve blockages. They can block open or closed but I only had them block closed, its good to have a spare valve handy to swap out if it happens I cleaned them holes with pipe cleaners. Have a look at which valves you have aswel mate because they've been upgraded to a larger diameter hole due to the blocking although I've heard upgrading the main feed line to 13mm can help push out any plugs
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm) • Minty (Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:44 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Nomoli wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:30 am
That copper matting will do the trick with them mate, make sure you put a line cleaner in the res to stop the salt build up and valve blockages. They can block open or closed but I only had them block closed, its good to have a spare valve handy to swap out if it happens I cleaned them holes with pipe cleaners.
Thanks Nomoli, I have a complete pot as a spare and will get pipe cleaners. I also have spare pipe/tubing so will run two pipes to each pot which will allow me to swap and maintain them.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:33 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Nomoli wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:30 am
That copper matting will do the trick with them mate, make sure you put a line cleaner in the res to stop the salt build up and valve blockages. They can block open or closed but I only had them block closed, its good to have a spare valve handy to swap out if it happens I cleaned them holes with pipe cleaners. Have a look at which valves you have aswel mate because they've been upgraded to a larger diameter hole due to the blocking although I've heard upgrading the main feed line to 13mm can help push out any plugs
Not sure which ones I have but they are black with a red cap:-

Can you clarify what you mean by line cleaner? is this like an inline filter or something I would add to the water?

This is interesting as well as they seem to have different mats for use within the UK and USA?

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Your aqua valves look like the newer model, both the floats look a bit bigger than mine so your holes should be a larger diameter too which is a good thing. It just means they dont block so easily and fill the pots a bit quicker. Line cleaner would be something you add to the water, I used plant magic pure clean it acts as pH down aswel. But your kit should have come with a filter that sits in the res, I'd use both. And i stuck the res higher than the pots, but they do say something like 6 inches higher than the aqua valve is ok. I put mine on a chair as I was thinking the exta pressure would help blow any crud through the valve, you should be ok though with the newer ones.
Oh and the uk kits come with the copper and the black matts, the us kits just the copper matt apparently. When I ran out of black matts i didnt bother with them any more
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:28 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Nomoli wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 pm
Oh and the uk kits come with the copper and the black matts, the us kits just the copper matt apparently. When I ran out of black matts i didnt bother with them any more
Thanks Nomoli mate, appreciate the feedback. Still confused over why the US and UK models have different mats? Or at least a different configurations for the copper mat - being outside the pot in the UK and inside the pot for the US. Very strange they would be different.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Minty wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 pm
Nomoli wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 pm
Thanks Nomoli mate, appreciate the feedback. Still confused over why the US and UK models have different mats? Or at least a different configurations for the copper mat - being outside the pot in the UK and inside the pot for the US. Very strange they would be different.
I wouldn`t worry about it too much i used to add mat inside the pots, but so long as it keeps roots contained and away from the aquavalve, which they will head for and grow into if they escape and cause problems then it`s no biggi , that`s all the mats are for basically. But whatever way you can cover all the holes on pot bottom works a treat be that in or outside pots. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:16 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”