Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Outdoor growing and Light hours

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Bulls
Coco Grower

Outdoor growing and Light hours

Post by Bulls »

I was wondering the other day.. When we grow indoors we try to give at least 18 hors of light but when cannabis is planted ourdoors in April it only gets about 8 hours of sunshine. How does it work? :idn:

The Daze
Known User

Re: Outdoor growing and Light hours

Post by The Daze »

I think its based on your geolocation and times of the year. If i had started my seeds in april they would've been a bust. Starting them in late May to early June has allowed me to expect a harvest date closer to end of september to mid october...

Given my weather patterns, i rely heavily on the farmers almanac.

My seedlings are currently getting around 13-14 hours of light, at least 8-12 of those is direct sunlight when we're sunny. Today for instance, it's cloudy and their sitting on a window sill that gets light all day long.

Usually they're out on the back porch in sunlight all day and they're growing fine.
✨✨✨🌱🌱🌻💛🌻🌱🌱✨✨✨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

🌈💚🌻🌱🌈

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Bulls wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 pm
I was wondering the other day.. When we grow indoors we try to give at least 18 hors of light but when cannabis is planted ourdoors in April it only gets about 8 hours of sunshine. How does it work? :idn:
I’ve read that things like, spectrum, temp, the increase or decrease of hours of sunlight and a couple other things all factor in to it. I’ve had plants started inside that I’ve then put outside that have started flowering, but the same type of plants that I topped hadn’t. So I also thing it has something to do with the photo receptors being primed in a certain way.

More to your point, here we can’t put plants out in April because it’s to cold but even if we did it would probably flower. In Cali they can start outdoor really early(or never stop it) but they do a lot of topping and the heat and spectrum is different so they can get away with it
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
Bulls (Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 am)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

It works like this bulls bach.... Up here in wet Wales 󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 we sow our runner beans at the end of May!!!! Now if we were down south we would sow them end of April altho they would be on the same day length!!!!! The plants down south would flourish and mine would die . There's so many factors growing outside apart from day length .but a general rule to thumb is the longer the light period the plants veg. .... The shorter days bring on flowers as the plant needs to reproduce

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Joker59 (Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:15 am) • Bulls (Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”