Making fems

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
The Daze
Known User

Re: Making fems

Post by The Daze »

These look amazing. Love following along. Go genetics go!! All the beans! Looking excellent.
These users thanked the author The Daze for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm) • Nanook (Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:25 pm) • Dex (Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:29 am)
✨✨✨🌱🌱🌻💛🌻🌱🌱✨✨✨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

🌈💚🌻🌱🌈

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

DazenConfused wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm
These look amazing. Love following along. Go genetics go!! All the beans! Looking excellent.
Thanks buddy for following its amazing to see the process and harvesting :D

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

Proud to say I've been in this thread since the beginning, and now I get to have fun and play with the results from DeXs work. Can't wait till it's time to drop the DeXs special. Being able to see where they came from and how they came about makes them a valuable part of my seed collection, will have to save a couple just to hold onto😲👍👍🥳🍻
These users thanked the author omgBoNg for the post (total 2):
Dex (Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:40 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

omgBoNg wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm
Proud to say I've been in this thread since the beginning, and now I get to have fun and play with the results from DeXs work. Can't wait till it's time to drop the DeXs special. Being able to see where they came from and how they came about makes them a valuable part of my seed collection, will have to save a couple just to hold onto😲👍👍🥳🍻
Thanks buddy for the kind words and I really hope you do enjoy em and they do you right.. :-)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Wow Dex, stunning buds there. I just popped a few and will be joining the grow out. I got yours and Jimmis going in the big tent. Ill try do em proud. Big up the home bred strains!
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:41 pm) • Guest (Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:08 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:19 pm
Wow Dex, stunning buds there. I just popped a few and will be joining the grow out. I got yours and Jimmis going in the big tent. Ill try do em proud. Big up the home bred strains!
Nice buddy I'll try ask the wife to sent me a pic or three of the two, I managed to talk her into letting em both go for a little while

The super purple is pretty as F and I'm not even there to perve on em lol

Good luck tho keeno and what strain did Jimmie make ?

PaleoCannabica
Known User

Post by PaleoCannabica »

I dont know nothing about this thema but im wondering... what if my feminized plant got pollem, is good seeds coming out? how to know?
These users thanked the author PaleoCannabica for the post:
Dex (Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

PaleoCannabica wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:36 pm
I dont know nothing about this thema but im wondering... what if my feminized plant got pollem, is good seeds coming out? how to know?

And you will know when you female has took pollen coz the calyx will swell diffrent compared to a maturing flower swell.. they take about 5weeks from when they have been polinated for the beans are pickable

When beans have a nice brow ln hard shell at the bottom of the plant where hardly any lights hits then its done, because the tops get more light and marire quick compared to the bottom so when its ready there tops are deffo ready

And seeds you will need to grow to know how good the seeds.. normally after harvesting the seeds from dry buds put them in the fridge for a week or three and they should be popping...

Im no pro at all not got much experience at this game either i just followed what a buddy showed me and told me a while back and seeds been great i have made 2 femmed beans so far and few cross femenised for a lark about :D

Its good to experiment... not sure if i made sense at all lool but good luck and hope someone answers a better way lol
These users thanked the author Dex for the post:
PaleoCannabica (Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:55 pm)

PaleoCannabica
Known User

Post by PaleoCannabica »

Dex wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am
PaleoCannabica wrote:

And you will know when you female has took pollen coz the calyx will swell diffrent compared to a maturing flower swell.. they take about 5weeks from when they have been polinated for the beans are pickable

When beans have a nice brow ln hard shell at the bottom of the plant where hardly any lights hits then its done, because the tops get more light and marire quick compared to the bottom so when its ready there tops are deffo ready

And seeds you will need to grow to know how good the seeds.. normally after harvesting the seeds from dry buds put them in the fridge for a week or three and they should be popping...

Im no pro at all not got much experience at this game either i just followed what a buddy showed me and told me a while back and seeds been great i have made 2 femmed beans so far and few cross femenised for a lark about :D

Its good to experiment... not sure if i made sense at all lool but good luck and hope someone answers a better way lol
Thank you very much!
So far I did find a male, was next to a fem one, I take it apart but I'm afraid couple balls was open already so... Babies are coming.... I'm wondering, will the seed take the same good genetic if are croosed that way? I saw a video about it and they don't give hope on stability, they mentioned have big possibility to don't get just a regular seeds but hermaphrodite 🤷
I like the experiments, so I definitely will try out to check by myself, if it works will be really awesome have a baby from this strong plant
These users thanked the author PaleoCannabica for the post:
Dex (Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

PaleoCannabica wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:06 pm
Dex wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am
PaleoCannabica wrote:

Thank you very much!
So far I did find a male, was next to a fem one, I take it apart but I'm afraid couple balls was open already so... Babies are coming.... I'm wondering, will the seed take the same good genetic if are croosed that way? I saw a video about it and they don't give hope on stability, they mentioned have big possibility to don't get just a regular seeds but hermaphrodite 🤷
I like the experiments, so I definitely will try out to check by myself, if it works will be really awesome have a baby from this strong plant
Sorry for delay the messages are coming from deep in Africa lol and to be fair this is what I did before

I had some regular male pollen and liked few femenised strains that i cannot get in regular seeds ...

The idea is to not mix that's pretty true but to be fair from my experience/experiments as long as the femenised mother is in top health and second is not being hermie prone strain then you have nothing to worry about..

Don't take my word for it cos shit happens and if it does you have some seeds to add to your cereals lol

but if at least forst 5 seeds you grow out of the regular x femenised are not throwing balls then your gonna basically be irie..

In the books it's not meant to be done that way and if you intended in selling the seeds then it wouldn't be good thing to do..

But in actual trials mine were fine and I'm a king at making strains throw balls lmao

The unhealthy fems are no good but still could land some non hermie seeds ...

It a touchy subject with most breeders but percy pollen chucker will tell as long as both parents are heathy weather your making S1, reg x fem, fem x fem and even reg x reg the seeds are all likely to be great and herm free

You can get herms from regular seeds too and from making reg x reg so its somthing that will allways happen but more likely not

Hope that helps buddy and dont take my word for a pro I'm just playing around and stocking my stash of beans with somethings that others don't have :D

Play have fun and test and make sure they are healthy and happy parents will make happy offsprings :D

God bless and good luck buddy
These users thanked the author Dex for the post (total 4):
Marcus (Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 pm) • chronicthehemphog (Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:40 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 am) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:42 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”