Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dex need your input

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Dex need your input

Post by The Aspie Toker »

camkush wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 pm
I cant give you the explanation but i always used 1 tablespoon per gallon if i planned to use more than once a month. Of course i grow in soil so... In hydro id be mindful of ph
If anyone is reading this, Cam is in the USA where a gallon equals 3.785 litres, compared to Imperial gallons (UK) which is 4.546 litres.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
camkush (Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 am) • IMO (Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Thanks guys great info 👍, I think I live in a prity soft water area as we never have issues with kettles getting build up on the element like some people do, I believe this is mostly calcium?, I know when you grow tomorrow in soil they recommend adding Epsom salts but never calcium probably because it’s already abundant in most soils?. I would imagine you could contact your local water supplier via email and then would send you the chemical analysis of the water you purchase from them.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Thejokerjosh59 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:55 am
Keeno wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 am
If I’m having issues with elements not being chelated into an available form I’ll use beneficial bacteria to break it down and obviously try and inoculate with myco at the same time using a good old compost tea :) forgive me if that’s already been suggested, I’m not sure what some of the names you guys brought up are lol hows the EC of her water and does she use a softener?
Fulvic acid too, is another good one for helping chelate minerals and for getting stuff to where its needed faster, more for growing hydroponically with chemical based ferts and if your having trouble with uptake, calcium being number one, not that you should be having upake trouble if using chemicals too often. But yes i suppose 2 different ways of growing require different methods at times.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Joker59 (Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:37 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

maybe in hydro, like coco fluvic works Jimmy, but I wouldn't be using fluvic in a" roots in" water system, its organic and causes issues, but i dare say must be ok in coco, cos ive never had issues with it when I grew in coco, years ago.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I just managed to pull up the analysis sheet for me water supplier apparently I’m in a mod. Soft area, average calcium is 31.5mg/l with a high of 47mg/l, magnesium is 4.57 mg/l average with a high of 8.51mg/l

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm
maybe in hydro, like coco fluvic works Jimmy, but I wouldn't be using fluvic in a" roots in" water system, its organic and causes issues, but i dare say must be ok in coco, cos ive never had issues with it when I grew in coco, years ago.
No its for all hydro water or coco or whatever else although ive never used it in water and its more Humic for dirt. Fulvic is an additive i think most are touted to hydro growers, i might be wrong though their so don`t quote me . Although both can be used in soils and hydro to an extent but i was always taught humic for dirt and fulvic for hydro. Have you used in hydro Billy ? It has a high CEC so uptake of ferts is much more than not using it, that also applies to humic which also has a CEC. Alot of the humics and fulvics acids are synthetically produced from minerals nowadays
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:26 pm) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 pm) • Joker59 (Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:02 pm
bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm
No its for all hydro water or coco or whatever else although ive never used it in water and its more Humic for dirt. Fulvic is an additive i think most are touted to hydro growers, i might be wrong though their so don`t quote me . Although both can be used in soils and hydro to an extent but i was always taught humic for dirt and fulvic for hydro. Have you used in hydro Billy ? It has a high CEC so uptake of ferts is much more than not using it, that also applies to humic which also has a CEC. Alot of the humics and fulvics acids are synthetically produced from minerals nowadays
Humic acids are large molecules that function best in soil to provide an optimal growing environment. Fulvic acids are much smaller molecules that work well in both soil and foliar applications, where they transfer vital nutrients through the cell membrane of plants.
http://www.earthgreen.com/humic-vs-fulvic-acids
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:46 pm)

Post by Guest »

Calcitic Lime is one form with around 30% lime, calciuk carbonate is the purest.

Nutrients: Sea kelp is a natural source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E, as well as minerals including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium.

Sea Kelp. That's what I use in a powder form from the Health Food Store online.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Joker59 (Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

In fact sea kelp has the highest amount of calcium in a food source i think.

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:26 pm
In fact sea kelp has the highest amount of calcium in a food source i think.
We were just talking about how amazing kelp was yesterday lol and that’s wether the crazy amount of PGH and PGRs (can’t remember is growth hormone is included in that lol) actually transfer to the cannabis or not

I’ll use cannabis trims and shit in my teas and compost to achieve a similar effect as kelp although I use it as well
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
Guest (Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:12 pm)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”