Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Has this monster started to reveg in flower?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Tictok
Known User

Has this monster started to reveg in flower?

Post by Tictok »

Hi all

Today marks week 6 since flip but I think there's a problem with my flower tent. It was used once before to successfully flower out some NL in my first grow.

This is More Cowbell that used to share my 60x60 tent with an afghani land race which never stopped stretching since flip so had to go, now I seem to have the same problem.

I had some quite bad nutrient issues that are now fixed and I think I shocked it by taking too many cuts (over a 3 week period I took 13 low branch cuts, too many I'm sure).

Temps have gone up to 33 max and down to 19 before I sorted that and humidity has been below 50, briefly too low at 25 but that's now fixed also.

A while ago it started to grow single leaf leaves and there are only pre flowers, some of which have got quite big. It seems to be still stretching!

Any advice what to do would be appreciated.

Pics....

Image :bye:

Tictok
Known User

Re: Has this monster started to reveg in flower?

Post by Tictok »

Marcus wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 am
Something funky is going on, but I dunno what.

Have you double checked your lights are on 12 hours and off for 12 hours with no other lights in the tent? (little led on extension lead etc). No light leaks? - Get the plant out of the tent, turn the light off and zip yourself in for a minute or two. (remember which side the zip is on, I got lost in my tent once after turning around a couple of times in the pitch black.)

Try dropping the lights to 11 on and 13 off.

:idn:
Thanks Marcus, I'll dive in and check. Its in a loft space with the veg tent but the vent/windows are in opposite sides so I thought it should be fine. The fact that my afghani did the same suggests somethings wrong. There is a heater in there and I'd covered the small light with gaffer. Same set up I used for my first grow which went fine. But, its a cheap Black Orchid tent so I could probably do with changing it up.

Defo on 12/12, but I'll change it as you recommend as I was thinking this.

If I can fix it it will be a beast of a plant!

Thanks man.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Marcus (Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Marcus wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:37 am
Double check your timer for the light, make sure it isn't accidentally set to come on during the dark period or it hasn;t been knocked to stay on constantly.
Holy fucking crap Marcus, you were right!!!!

Just checked and yup, the bloody timer was set to always on! So I've been running it at 24hr light for goodness knows how long!!! :bang head:

Thank you bro, I owe you a metaphorical beer!

I hope it doesn't re stretch! I've never had a plant this big before (ooerr), if it flowers properly now it's going to produce big.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 3):
Thrasherdude (Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am) • Marcus (Sat May 23, 2020 12:01 pm) • Minty (Sat May 23, 2020 12:06 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Marcus wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 pm
:lol:

We've all done it. Forgetting to turn fans back on, forgetting to plug lights back in. :suicide:

Ah man, that'll be a monster plant then. :oik!:

Good luck from here dude, she looks healthy as. Fingers crossed for some plain sailing from here. :dance:
It's the sort of thing you hope you only do once!

Thanks man, lifesaving post!

I might have to make it a diary now!

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Dude I want to see this thing bud out. Please turn this into a diary :D

Marcus for the save yet again!

And also... i dont like admitting to this but it will help u... i have messed up my timers more times than id like to admit. Oh and I blew up some LED panels too so we all do things that have unexpected consequences 🤣🤣🤣

Only thing I will leave u with is do keep your eyes open for any signs of male ballsacks poppin. Depending on genetics and the stress threshold ur beauty is at right now could encourage her to throw some balls out. Good thing is u will probably see them in the next few days if she is actually stressed. If not, she will defo be gargantuan
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
Tictok (Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Dude I want to see this thing bud out. Please turn this into a diary :D

Marcus for the save yet again!

And also... i dont like admitting to this but it will help u... i have messed up my timers more times than id like to admit. Oh and I blew up some LED panels too so we all do things that have unexpected consequences 🤣🤣🤣

Only thing I will leave u with is do keep your eyes open for any signs of male ballsacks poppin. Depending on genetics and the stress threshold ur beauty is at right now could encourage her to throw some balls out. Good thing is u will probably see them in the next few days if she is actually stressed. If not, she will defo be gargantuan
Thanks man, that's good advice. Is it game over if they appear? Or can you just pick them off and take it to harvest?

To be honest, the whole thing is a tad daunting being second grow. It's a mistake with a timer that could potentially have a massive result, but in truth I'm flying blind.

I'd normally add 50g of bat guano as a top dress (I'm in a 7.5ltte pot) at the beginning of flower, as I did 6 weeks ago! Not sure if I should add it again now it will go into flower properly?

Apart from that she's wanting watering 2ltrs a day as the pot light every morning. 1.5/2ml of guano kalung bloom nutes every other water and 4ml/ltr as the label said of an off the shelf organic kelp growth enhancer (not cannabis specific).

No idea if this is good, bad or indifferent!

It will be an experience!

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

I will say this. My inlaws have planted males in me garden and we wound up with 5 lbs o weed dat turns out to be clutch when u have zilch. Lemme tell ya be thankful for the plant itself

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:56 pm
I will say this. My inlaws have planted males in me garden and we wound up with 5 lbs o weed dat turns out to be clutch when u have zilch. Lemme tell ya be thankful for the plant itself
Fair point mate.

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Tictok wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 am
Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Fair point mate.
Nurse her along and keep cultivating your craft and listen to ur gut. Likely u can still get a cracking smoke or two plus ALL the experience and lessons
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
Tictok (Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:36 pm
Tictok wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 am
Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Fair point mate.
Nurse her along and keep cultivating your craft and listen to ur gut. Likely u can still get a cracking smoke or two plus ALL the experience and lessons
Thanks man, wise words. It's all about the experience.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”