Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Ventilation doubt

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
frankthirtyspears

Ventilation doubt

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, after setting up my grow tent and ventilation system i ran into a pretty big doubt. The tent is ventilated at the bottom with a small clip fan i use as an intake and expelled at the top with a small exhaust fan and a big fan making the air move a bit into the room but here comes my doubt: is it a problem if the room is enclosed? I mean, it has a window and a door but i'd prefer keeping the former closed if not strictly necessary and the window if kept open during day raises the temperature inside the tent from approximately 25 to around 27 and i'm not sure if it's good for a seedling. How can i handle this, is it enough just open the window for 15/20 minutes every 3-4 hours during day, do i need to switch the cycle and keep the light on at night with the window open or anything else? I'll attach with photos of the setup to make it easier to understand since i've probably explained everything in a confused way.

Mafooo
Known User

Re: Ventilation doubt

Post by Mafooo »

Dont doubt your posts mate

I understand ur question completely

If its a small enclosed room and u have that sized tent filled with living breathing things they will need fresh air like u r concerned about. What would be worth looking into is installing a window fan and stealth install an air intake is what I would do so u can automate air intake and u dint have to always be worrying about shit did i burp the growroom??
Last edited by Mafooo on Sat May 23, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 pm)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

frankthirtyspears wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm
Hi guys, after setting up my grow tent and ventilation system i ran into a pretty big doubt. The tent is ventilated at the bottom with a small clip fan i use as an intake and expelled at the top with a small exhaust fan and a big fan making the air move a bit into the room but here comes my doubt: is it a problem if the room is enclosed? I mean, it has a window and a door but i'd prefer keeping the former closed if not strictly necessary and the window if kept open during day raises the temperature inside the tent from approximately 25 to around 27 and i'm not sure if it's good for a seedling. How can i handle this, is it enough just open the window for 15/20 minutes every 3-4 hours during day, do i need to switch the cycle and keep the light on at night with the window open or anything else? I'll attach with photos of the setup to make it easier to understand since i've probably explained everything in a confused way.
Taking a second look now that i put my bowl down Id say that 3x3 ft tent (is it bigger?) in what seems to be a 10x10 ft room? Id say just keep circulating the air in the room with the window SHUT as it will help hide smell. And then u walkig in and out of the room here and there will refresh that room a bit every now and then
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 pm)

frankthirtyspears

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:50 pm
frankthirtyspears wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm
Taking a second look now that i put my bowl down Id say that 3x3 ft tent (is it bigger?) in what seems to be a 10x10 ft room? Id say just keep circulating the air in the room with the window SHUT as it will help hide smell. And then u walkig in and out of the room here and there will refresh that room a bit every now and then
Thanks for the answer man, the tent is 2x2 fts and the room is 11x10.

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Shit i shoulda trusted my gut... i edited my initial guess of 2x2 to 3x3 cuz I thought i was being a high ass. I think u should leave that room shut up man. Seems “safer” for now. Dont tell NO ONE
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 23, 2020 8:52 pm) • Minty (Sat May 30, 2020 7:41 pm)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

U got plenty of room in that space outside the tent for a nice shelf for countless bottles of nutes and trinkets and books and a couple buckets for an auto watering system and oh if u got enough power @weedabix can help u sort the software for data logging

Hahaha im runnin on mate. That live rosin is good stuff
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 23, 2020 8:52 pm)

frankthirtyspears

Hi guys, got a question about rh now that i fixed the ventilation, is it a problem for seedlings to be within a 35-45% rh? Does it just mean that i'm gonna need to water more often or there are other big issues related? Because if not strictly necessaire i'd prefer not to spend additional money for a humidifier. Thanks and have a nice day :)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

frankthirtyspears wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:46 pm
Hi guys, got a question about rh now that i fixed the ventilation, is it a problem for seedlings to be within a 35-45% rh? Does it just mean that i'm gonna need to water more often or there are other big issues related? Because if not strictly necessaire i'd prefer not to spend additional money for a humidifier. Thanks and have a nice day :)
It depends on the temperature and other factors. I wouldn't water more but maybe cover them with something to raise the humidity around the plant. 40% is the lowest you want to go and for seedlings I like to keep my humidity up in the 60% region at least. Bottom line though, they will just grow a little slower and be fine :) they are slightly more sensitive when they're young mainly because they don't have a lot of foliage and don't transpire much so the humidity around the plant is lower. Once they grow a bit, they will contribute to the RH and it should sit perfect.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Def put a cut pop bottle or something over em. U want them to dry out in between waterings wven as lil ones. They need more RH. look at me plants they aint happy cuz my rh aint where it dhould be
frankthirtyspears (Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 pm)

frankthirtyspears

Hi guys! Thanks for all the help, i bought an ultrasonic humidifier on Amazon but i was a bit worried if it can cause any problem with the led or the fan like rust or even electrical fire. All the plugs are outside the tent and covered with a bit of plastic just in case but i'd prefer to be 100% sure that i don't risk anything. The RH now that i got it sits at about 55-60% and i think that i'll stick with that. Also last question, is it a problem if i let it run normally with the 18-6 light schedule and put it off at night or it's gonna overheat or something? I know i've been pretty vague but honestly i had difficulties with looking around for answers since there were really few that corresponded to my case. Have a nice day :)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”