Elijahgrowz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 am
Mini-G-Star wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 am
Elijahgrowz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 am

Wish I did 😂 not really Something you can carry around if it
They make a smaller one too, it does fit in your pocket I think
Yeah I've looked and looked but I can not condone spending over £300 on a smoking tool, my missis would kick me out! 😂 😂
Am lucky nook spoiled me 😂🤣
These users thanked the author Mini-G-Star for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue May 19, 2020 9:14 am)
"It's not about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Tictok
Known User

Re: Nicotine vape and motivation to quit cigarettes thread

Post by Tictok »

Sorry for the long post but I've been clear of nicoteen for nearly two years now, best thing I ever did was quit. Health better, cardio better, circulation better (sex life better!), everything better.

I had been smoking since I was 17 (now just shy of 50) and totally brainwashed in thinking that there was some sort of perceived benefit to smoking/vaping.

I went through the phase of not smoking until the evenings and then only joints, this didn't work and I was soon back on the fags.

I then read the Allan Carr (not the uk presenter) book called Easy Way to stop smoking. This worked for a bit but relapsed, re read it, then that was it, the book sunk in and quitting was an absolute joy. No withdrawal, just freedom from the slavery (and you don't stop smoking while you read it).

From the book and my own conclusions after years of struggling with this, then getting it cracked;
Nicoteen like any addictive drug, goes in the body and relieves the withdrawal symptoms of the drug leaving the body. The craving for a smoke is purely the nicoteen starting to leave the body.
Put the drug in and a sensation of 'pleasure' occurs as the body is getting the drug again. 1.5hrs later and the drug is leaving, withdrawal occurs and craving starts.

When people talk of 'giving up', this tricks the mind into thinking that there will be some sort of loss. This is not true, 'quitting' or 'stopping' is a better way to frame it.

The truth is, the actual physical withdrawal from nicoteen is so slight it does not wake you up at night. The 'terrible withdrawal symptons' associated with quitting is a psychological trick because smokers have so many instances or triggers when they have relieved withdrawal symptoms of the drug leaving the body. The 'pleasure' associated with these moments are purely just the same relief of withdrawal after a period of abstinence from smoking/vaping (e.g after a meal, after a movie, after sex, whatever). This re-enforces the belief that nicoteen is somehow a benefit.

Being addicted to nicoteen means that all the time there is a subtle stress to the body as the drug slowly leaves the system. When you are stressed anyway (who's been smoking more during lockdown?), the mind seeks something to relieve the stress like the momentary pleasure of relieving withdrawal symptoms, so we smoke/vape more.

Gradually cutting down will not work, you are just treating your body to a longer period of abstinance, so when you do finally smoke/vape, the perceived 'pleasure' is greater, which tricks the brain into thinking that you really need the fag/vape/joint. I got to the point many times where I would only smoke at weekends, so during the week I'd have the misperceived 'terrible withdrawal symptoms' and a massive 'relief' when I smoked that first fag on a Friday night. Gradually over time I'd go back to smoking every day.
It's the equivalent of deliberately wearing shoes that are too tight all day for the pleasure of taking them off at the end of the day. You are torturing yourself by cutting down.

Because if the stigma of lighting a fag and it being anti social, cigarette companies had to find a way of administering the drug to the addicts without the anti social thing, hence vaping was invented.

You cannot use vaping as a route to quitting, because smoking or vaping is the same thing, a nicoteen delivery system. That's why cigarette companies know you will not quit by vaping. Its the same as any substitute, patches, sprays etc. It's like trying to quit a drug by putting the same drug in your body via a different method.

When you drink you get drunk, when you smoke/vape weed you get stoned. When you put nicoteen in your body it doesn't do anything except relieve the subtle withdrawal symptoms that were created by the previous fag/vape. So a never ending chain is created, with no benefit.

Ex smokers/vapers don't have that problem, the chain has been broken. I'd recommend you read the book Easy Way, in truth it took me two goes, but if you read it with an open mind, all the psychological deoendance is removed making quitting an absolute pleasure, with absolutely no withdrawal.

Good luck people.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Marcus (Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 am
I'd have to disagree with vaping doesn't help stop smoking you DON'T have to have nicotine in a vape so it's the placebo effect I know many people including my missis to quit smoking through vapes she's not had a smoke now for over 3 years all becuase I got her on the vape and brought down the nicotine to nothing until she felt she didn't need to placebo either

I think as we all grow older and learn everybody is different things effect people differently, some things work for some and not others and vice versa
You just gotta find what works for you

✌🏾💚
Good point and fair enough, if you can do it that way that's awesome.

All the people I know that vape are confirmed nicoteen addicts by their own confession and have no intention of quitting.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am

Good point and fair enough, if you can do it that way that's awesome.

All the people I know that vape are confirmed nicoteen addicts by their own confession and have no intention of quitting.
For sure i also know people that vape more than they ever smoked, never out of thier mouth like dummies 😂
[/quote]

Exactly what the vape companies want and a standard response to any addiction. The body build tolerance, requires more nicoteen, hence the permanent vapers. I have a mate the same.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

I gave up nearly 6 years ago. Had to go cold turkey without vape or ganka fo 18 months before I could start vaping ganja again. Smoking anything made me want a cig.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am) • Tictok (Tue May 19, 2020 11:00 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”