five health benefits of CBD

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
Wizard
Respected Member

five health benefits of CBD

Post by Wizard »

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the 100+ cannabinoids found in cannabis and has been the subject of much research due to its many and varied medical applications. But it’s not only its therapeutic attributes that have sparked such widespread interest in CBD in recent years. The compound is also nonpsychoactive (meaning it does not produce the ‘high’ associated with cannabis use), making it a safe and effective option for patients who may be concerned about the mind altering effects of other cannabinoids such as THC.

Oils that are CBD dominant are referred to as CBD oils. However, the exact concentrations and ratio of CBD to THC can vary depending on the product and manufacturer. Regardless, CBD oils have been shown to offer a range of health benefits that could potentially improve the quality of life for patients around the world.

Here are just five of the key health benefits of CBD oils:

1. Pain relief
One of the most celebrated health benefits of CBD oil is its analgesic (pain relieving) effects. It’s thought that CBD interacts with receptors in the brain and immune system to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. Some studies, such as this investigation published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine, found that CBD significantly reduces inflammation in mice and rats – but it’s not only rodents that experience these effects. A 2008 review identified that CBD offered effective pain relief without inducing adverse side effects in patients

2. Anti-Seizure Properties
Seizures occur when there’s a dramatic fluctuation of electrical activity in the brain. Over the years, a number of high profile cases have raised awareness of CBD’s anti-seizure properties, but it’s only recently that science has been able to confirm this link. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial published in The New England Journal of Medicine explored the effect of CBD medication on young adults with Dravet syndrome, a rare type of epilepsy with seizures that are often induced by fever. Those who received CBD experienced saw their seizure frequency drop by a median of 38.9 percent.

3. Combat Anxiety
While CBD is most commonly used to treat physiological symptoms, there’s a growing body of research that indicates it can also be used in the therapy of a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety. A study by the University of São Paulo found that CBD significantly reduces subjective anxiety, leading investigators to conclude that “These results suggest that CBD reduces anxiety in [social anxiety disorder] and that this is related to its effects on activity in limbic and paralimbic brain areas.”

4. Fight Cancer
Research indicates that CBD may be valuable in the treatment of cancer in a number of different ways. CBD as well as some of the other compounds found in cannabis have an antitumor effect and can amplify the death of tumor cells in both colon cancer and leukemia. In addition, investigations have shown that CBD can be used to stop the spread of cancer cells in cervical cancer cells. It is important to note that the vast majority of CBD and cancer studies are pre-clinical, meaning they’re not conducted on human or even mammalian test subjects, and the findings – while promising – should not be construed as conclusive proof that CBD can cure cancer.

5. Reduce the Risk of Diabetes
A rarely discussed health benefit of CBD oil is how it can reduce the risk of developing diabetes. In a study published in Neuropharmacology, researchers set out to explore what effect CBD would have on non-obese diabetes-prone female mice. Only 32 percent of the mice that received the CBD were diagnosed with diabetes, compared to 100 percent of the untreated group

In closing, CBD oil is an incredibly valuable medicine that can be used to treat a range of health conditions. While this article is far from an exhaustive list, it does highlight just a few of the ways CBD can potentially benefit your health.
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: five health benefits of CBD

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Wicked wiz!
It's about time the whole world realised that cannabis is a medicine. We're made to feel guilty because it makes you feel good. Whoever said that medicine shouldn't make you feel good? It's ridiculous the stigma that's attached to this plant and info like this should be shared with everyone.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Great write up Wiz, thanks buddy. Always something new to learn every day :puff puff:

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

thanks guys,, I use Cbd drops daily to help with anxiety and for my knee pain ,, been using it for over a year now and I can say much better results the all the pills the doctor was tossing at me , also no negitive effects like with pills ,,, and cbd alone does not get you high in any way so its work safe

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Im loving these write ups of your Wiz. Really glad its helping you out. I suffered with anxiety for a while and was on all sorts of legal drugs, answer was there all the time by the looks of it in a harmless but illegal plant!

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Love this!!
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

I take drops 2-3 times a week because have diabetes in the family, I've found it also for me at least lowers the blood pressure a bit. Only reason don't take daily is it increases ocular pressure for a few hours after taking and i have glaucoma. Taking it daily was enough to affect my test results but 2-3 times a week doesn't skew my results.
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Pamelaparker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pamelaparker »

We don't think cannabis is killing people, but we don't think it's saving people also. Legalizing medical marijuana does not reduce the rate of fatal opioid overdoses, according to researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine. Medical marijuana and fatal opioid overdoses can be cause of death. But there is no correlation between opioid overdose mortality and the level of restriction.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Pamelaparker wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 am
We don't think cannabis is killing people, but we don't think it's saving people also. Legalizing medical marijuana does not reduce the rate of fatal opioid overdoses, according to researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine. Medical marijuana and fatal opioid overdoses can be cause of death. But there is no correlation between opioid overdose mortality and the level of restriction.
Im not sure I inderstand you mate? Medical marijuana overdose can lead to death do you mean, or people are taking opiods and weed at the same time and dying of the opiods?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I use cbd but when I don’t have any home grown, I vape it quality varies but some of it can be good, I find it relaxing and does help with pain

Return to “Medical Cannabis”