Known User

Re: Making fems

Post by Dex »

Egzoset wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:40 pm
Salutations Dex,
Dex wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:04 pm
...I bought my cs and it's advertised 45ppm... ... ...i need a ppm pen...
It reminds me of an old discussion which made me refer to this resource at some point:

Although i'm not sure it's all equally valuable it does give a hint why 45 ppm might call for a fair dose of suspicion in a cannabis feminizing context.

There were days when i was planning to have a side-by-side experiment trying to determine some threshold between miticide and hormonal effects, back then 2 scenarios were to be avoided as i recall: #1) no cheap 3 x 9 Volts batteries solution; #2) no (single plant) self-fertilization allowed.

Good day, have fun!! :oik!:
Hey ezgoset I like reading your stuff but not when stoned lol and currently over the stoned limit lol

#2 do you mean like spraying a part of a plant to reverse it?

Or clone off the same plant ?

I way prefer to polinate sisters but I had lack space to germ 4 or 5 regs

And Thanks for that link too I'll have a peek now :D

Hope you have a lovely day/noon too buddy
These users thanked the author Dex for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:38 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Hi again Dex,
Dex wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:18 pm
Hey ezgoset I like reading your stuff but not when stoned...
Well, do us all a favour because there's something i don't like myself and it's about how i write my alias: the name is Egzoset with a capital "E" or just don't use it at all if you can't write it correctly, quite especially if you're already acquianted through past readings, so please lets avoid such risk to inspire even a likelihood of provocation... In any case if it's hard to read imagine about having to wright it. Honestly sometimes i grow tired of the "social" routine, i'd rather skip that part.

:ak:
Dex wrote:
Or clone off the same plant?
If i were to clone i'd favour micro-propagation instead.
Dex wrote:
Well, at times i puff a lot so lets say i'm over-reacting and you're actually a friendy guy, then i may want to invest into a better explanation about how CS can be generated at home. It will help if you can read some electronics schematic, if not that will allow me to focus anyway. For example:

Ah yes, 1st i remember there's a problem with using 3 batteries of 9 Volts each connected in series (e.g. 27 Volts total) and nothing else:

This hypothetical model was close enough @ 24 Volts. The story it relates is that of uncontrolled electrolysis, too slow initially then accelerating toward a short-circuit condition... Its main problem would be that the electrolysis rate affects silver particle size which itself determines penetration of biological cells. Lack of control from a cheap 3 batteries only setup typically results in inferior CS because stronger current takes larger chunks (instead of just ions), especially once distilled water has become a conductor. The preceeding schematic suggests how to correct such defect by setting a proper 1 mA current per "donor" surface (20 $ coin), which invites a higher voltage design (of 60 Volts in that case). The output is controlled in 2 ways: #1) its polarity gets reversed repeatedly to tame down the accumulation of silver goo on electrode surfaces; #2) the polarity reversal period can be optimized so that potential silver deposits apparently fall inbetween the 2 electrodes, which depends on distance vs donor surface.

That's it. The expected effects were miticide @ 1 ~ 3 ppm and ethylene hormone suppression above 10, maybe 20 or 25 ppm (if i'm not mistaking). Which is why 45 sounded a bit odd, but i must also confess the experiment was cancelled for a lack of interest and an excess of anthropomorphic jokes, etc. So in the end my 2 plants were eaten by spidermites without ever attempting to interrupt their reproduction cycle (via eggs destruction by silver ions), much less produce pollen to fertilize another autofem (one with female calixes instead)... At least dealing with The Borg i could have a fair taste 1st-hand about how it feels when "resistance is futile"!

:angry:

Good day, have fun!! :bye:
These users thanked the author Egzoset for the post:
Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 am)
Vaporist of Borg.

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Egzoset wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 am
Hi again Dex,
Dex wrote:
Hey ezgoset I like reading your stuff but not when stoned...
Well, do us all a favour because there's something i don't like myself and it's about how i write my alias: the name is Egzoset with a capital "E" or just don't use it at all if you can't write it correctly, quite especially if you're already acquianted through past readings, so please lets avoid such risk to inspire even a likelihood of provocation... In any case if it's hard to read imagine about having to wright it. Honestly sometimes i grow tired of the "social" routine, i'd rather skip that part.

:ak:
Dex wrote:
Or clone off the same plant?
If i were to clone i'd favour micro-propagation instead.
Dex wrote:
Well, at times i puff a lot so lets say i'm over-reacting and you're actually a friendy guy, then i may want to invest into a better explanation about how CS can be generated at home. It will help if you can read some electronics schematic, if not that will allow me to focus anyway. For example:

Ah yes, 1st i remember there's a problem with using 3 batteries of 9 Volts each connected in series (e.g. 27 Volts total) and nothing else:

This hypothetical model was close enough @ 24 Volts. The story it relates is that of uncontrolled electrolysis, too slow initially then accelerating toward a short-circuit condition... Its main problem would be that the electrolysis rate affects silver particle size which itself determines penetration of biological cells. Lack of control from a cheap 3 batteries only setup typically results in inferior CS because stronger current takes larger chunks (instead of just ions), especially once distilled water has become a conductor. The preceeding schematic suggests how to correct such defect by setting a proper 1 mA current per "donor" surface (20 $ coin), which invites a higher voltage design (of 60 Volts in that case). The output is controlled in 2 ways: #1) its polarity gets reversed repeatedly to tame down the accumulation of silver goo on electrode surfaces; #2) the polarity reversal period can be optimized so that potential silver deposits apparently fall inbetween the 2 electrodes, which depends on distance vs donor surface.

That's it. The expected effects were miticide @ 1 ~ 3 ppm and ethylene hormone suppression above 10, maybe 20 or 25 ppm (if i'm not mistaking). Which is why 45 sounded a bit odd, but i must also confess the experiment was cancelled for a lack of interest and an excess of anthropomorphic jokes, etc. So in the end my 2 plants were eaten by spidermites without ever attempting to interrupt their reproduction cycle (via eggs destruction by silver ions), much less produce pollen to fertilize another autofem (one with female calixes instead)... At least dealing with The Borg i could have a fair taste 1st-hand about how it feels when "resistance is futile"!

:angry:

Good day, have fun!! :bye:

No need to be funny buddy about your name I allways normally spell mine as sex rather dex and to be fair I never really use capitals so I shall not put your name in any questions ..

Thanks for explaining the rest I did read in that link and was interesting so I could head that way and looks for that machine thingy majiggy

Just a heads up I am king of typo so don't you or anyone else take it offensive :D and way too stoned to bother correcting it it's just a sexy dexy thing

Second is I'm a noob so don't know all the one and outs of canna I just started to learn by growing and making mistakes and learning from them..

Thanks for your reply and explanation buddy
Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:43 pm)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Egzoset this is a happy, no drama place mate. I have seen you complain a couple times about your name now and Dex obviously meant no malace, its a public forum mate not a board room and people are using phones that autocorrect - often wrongly. Try and enjoy it rather than picking up on typo's or nicknames where no offence was intended please.
I hope you take this message the right way as I dont want to see you leave or fall out over something so silly :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 4):
Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:20 am) • Josh (Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 am) • Minty (Sat May 30, 2020 8:50 pm) • TTL (Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:16 am)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Nanook wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:19 am
Egzoset this is a happy, no drama place mate. I have seen you complain a couple times about your name now and Dex obviously meant no malace, its a public forum mate not a board room and people are using phones that autocorrect - often wrongly. Try and enjoy it rather than picking up on typo's or nicknames where no offence was intended please.
I hope you take this message the right way as I dont want to see you leave or fall out over something so silly :)
He is a good guy very intelligent I think i explained on other forum where I seem his stuff for a little while and it's very very good stuff just sometimes too clever for me lol

I never bother correcting my typo if you remeber from other site just a sex thing lol I think we can get used to each other if I don't use his name and just call him buddy lol I can never miss spell that lol
Nanook (Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:27 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Growroom420 would like to announce new position at the forum. - permanent moderator. His responsibility will be to browse the forum and check if anyone missed a capital letter when referring to egzoset. Immediate start!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:01 am) • Josh (Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 am) • Minty (Sat May 30, 2020 8:51 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Chill guys please I wanted this to be educational for me and other and I would like to learn from others, we both made a mistake so please accept my apologies all and the buddy

I don't want no fuss just trying to make some seeds and learn from my past work
These users thanked the author Dex for the post (total 2):
Nanook (Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:04 am) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:44 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

We are chilled buddy
We are here to learn and have fun
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
Nanook (Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:04 am) • Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:06 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Ooow Ooow ooowooo the moons out of cheese

Great Googly Moogly ¡¡¡

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:06 pm) • Nanook (Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Egzoset wrote:
Corrections in red...
Egzoset wrote:
Well, do us all a favour because there's something I don't like myself and it's about how I write my alias: the name is Egzoset with a capital "E" or just don't use it at all if you can't write it correctly, quite especially if you're already acquainted through past readings, so please let's avoid such risk to inspire even a likelihood of provocation... In any case if it's hard to read imagine about having to write it. Honestly sometimes I grow tired of the "social" routine, I'd rather skip that part.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

We all make errors at times. I've forgotten how many times people have typed "Aspire" instead of "Aspie".
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 4):
Dex (Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:09 pm) • Point 5 (Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:21 pm) • Nanook (Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 am) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:44 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”